Native Completed Warband Fantasy League (Player Rankings Added)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roberta_Baratheon said:
John7 said:
What is the reasoning of not playing every team once and having divisions instead?

As in Scramble League, this tournament is about trying out new ideas and seeing how they work. All the changes that we tried in SL seemed to be well liked so we are trying more new things in WFL. The division system was implemented so that teams could have a mini rivalry with a few teams in addition to playing others. In this system division wins also count more than nondivision wins so it adds even more value to those particular matches.

Could you elaborate on this?

Edit: lagstro missing on west coast players

I'm still waiting on an explanation to why the bottom of tier 2 is against 4 Tier 1s whilst the best team is against more tier 2s and 3s.

weewdEw.png

Looks like the top tier teams have the most easy schedule. This is if you were to place every team under a number. Sigi's team is effectively 2 top tier teams behind.

Fietta, I'm going to assume the best case scenario and assume that you missed my response to you.

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,360425.msg8679619.html#msg8679619

As for your newest post, you just made up a bunch of numbers and complained about what your made up numbers said. My numbers were pulled from representatives of the different teams. You simply made stuff up and complained.

Note: Stronger teams are going to have easier schedules than weaker teams. It is just the way the math works. This is because a team cannot face itself, so in the case of a bad team, there is one less bad team to face. Likewise, strong teams have a smaller pool of strong teams to face since they can't face themselves.

The only teams with any abnormalities are sigi, trox, and maccle. Maccle and trox have slightly harder schedules than they should, while sigi has an easier schedule than he should. While I can look into minor schedule adjustments, there is no evidence to suggest problems with the other teams matchups.

I gave them a number, which starts from 10 to 2. The data was in a list from best to worst so I decided to replace that with a number for each team. Even if I used different numbers for them, the result would be the same.

Fietta said:
I gave them a number, which starts from 10 to 2. The data was in a list from best to worst so I decided to replace that with a number for each team. Even if I used different numbers for them, the result would be the same.
You ranked the teams differently than the representatives from each team did. Thus your data is off.

MrNevino1 said:
He used Rob's tier system, which is different from the overall slightly, none the less different.
Why though? The cumulative is more representative data. Besides, it is also what was used in the creation of the schedule.

For those who are curious, here are the actual SoS numbers as they relate to the schedule:

07z0YUb.png

Note that "SoS Intended" takes into account that teams cannot play themselves. A difference of .375 or below is considered acceptable to the admin team. As this is not the case with all teams, some small adjustments will be made to the schedule to create more parity. The adjusted schedule should be available this evening but no promises.

In any case, week 1 matches should be unaffected by this change.

This still doesn't answer the question of why?

Why even bother with these divisions, it will clearly make some teams have easier runs than others.  Even if the rankings are right... which they won't be, cause who knows how the teams will perform.

If you're changing the schedule anyway, what is the reason against not doing a round robin?

Roberta_Baratheon said:
On a unrelated note we are adding a little new feature to my usual stats. We have every other player in the tournament divided into a region except the following. If you know any of these players regions please inform me on Steam or here.

Consider everything from Texas and above to be West Coast and everything to the right of Texas to be East Coast. Yes I am aware there are some Canadians in here, so use the same guidelines.

Alexson, Arthennos, Biff, Exmarius, Geoffrey, Harx, LockedOut, Mantis, Milky, Panda, Pico, RicottaNinja, Skyway, Slowbro, Tony Vordiac, Trefleh, Vandahl, Wert, Disco, Kira, MOG, Rallix

Here are the other regions, if you see any mistakes please let me know.

West Coast - John, Beansacks, Beer, Cradoc, Kr8dle, Gorlock, Grimsight, Matthew, Ron Burgundy, Marquis, CreamPie, Chev, Conure, Jytrem, Squeaks, Moric, Glitterball, Juve, Ummmmmmmidk, Serj, Nikkle,

East Coast - Guaccmoleboy, Aporta, Roberta, Jeffrey9792, Insane, Heat, Arys, Bacon, Bubs, Danate, Sigi, T, Joshua, Oodle, Prime, Red, Rake, Pizza, Nero, Zaffa, Stone, Ebdanian, Tito, Abellard, Alejanbro, Achaner, Cru, Fatso, Edwards, Narmin, Nero, Troubadour, Trox, Zacty, Magerick, Nigerian, Easter Cow, Daemon, Platypus, Ruthven, PolarBear, Maccle, Tammo, Natebesosavage, Nevino, Snazzelicious, Waste, Gelden, Landalore, Longhorn, Castratikron, Hayden, Killershark, Mike, Laban, Predurrer, Aelia, Yoshie, Shawrin, Dryykon, goldenPrototype, Tymo, Rhine, Forsaken

West Europe - Anchor, Apollo, Cheese, Fietta, Gibby, JarvisAndPi, Mattrick, OGL, Pepper, PuffTheDragon, Shingen, Shovenio, Slade, Viktor, Ciiges, Kane, Smiley, Surkan, Tallie, Charlini, Darklight, Donut, Gasset, SirAlecks, Brian, Tardet, Kiano, Sean, Berg, Horace, Greedalicious

East Europe - Firunien, Grafblade, Habimana, HKP, Kragen, PurzelBlume, Razer, 3, Arni, Red War, Rempica, Sifon, Zoyka, Belendor, Can, Mango, Menethil, Rayden, Bauglir, Dopey, SotaMursu, Error, Matafiks, PrinceLele, Grey Warden, Azrud, Slow, Bash, Kern
Despite being a west knight, I'm actually east coast.

You can still have divisions and division games can still count more than other matches, but you should still only play each team from your division once. I feel like this is the best compromise without completely scratching the division system.

I think you made a mistake on the Schedules section of the website, it has some teams playing other teams twice and not playing others at all! Must be a mistake because of how gob-smackingly idiotic it would be to set it up like that. Good thing I caught it because it would be pretty embarrassing if we actually played anything other than a round robin for Super Scramble League.    :lol:

No need to thank me, just get it fixed asap.  :smile:

Kragen said:
Remove me from turnament :evil:

Kragen has decided to stay on, whoever his captain is.

Also were down to just these players if you can help find a state or province.

Zacty, Nigerian, Easter Cow, Natebesosavage, Hayden, Killershark, Predurrer, Tymo, Rhine, Forsaken, Alexson, Arthennos, Exmarius, Geoffrey, Harx, Mantis, Milky, Slowbro, Tony Vordiac, Vandahl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom