Native Completed Warband Fantasy League (Player Rankings Added)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roberta_Baratheon said:
Announcement

For official matches the recommended times are between 7:00pm EST and 8:00pm EST. In the event of teams not being able to reach an agreement the admin team will assign matches to be played at 7:30pm EST.
A supplement has been added to this rule to prevent "stonewalling" by teams full of European players. While "7:30" will be used as a time during extreme deadlocks, this time will only be used by administration if both teams have made a good faith effort to compromise and come up with a time.

Teams are expected to make their best efforts to accommodate the needs of both themselves and their opponents. In assessing the level of accommodation made by each team, admins will look at the range of times and days of availability provided by teams in dispute. The final admin appointed time, should it come to that, will be more deferential to the team that attempted to be more accommodating in its availability. While admins would generally like a time that is accommodating to both teams, European heavy teams should not just take the 7:30 time as a given unless serious attempts were made to compromise with their opponent.

Also be aware that intentionally restricting available match times to avoid someone being able to play on the other team is heavily frowned upon. If admins are aware of this type of action taking place, there is a high chance of deferring to the other team in either large part or outright.

Nice try hiding post Jarvis, I see what you did there  :lol:

All the divisions were made very carefully, the only teams that could possibly be upset by these are teams that the public has generally called lower tier. As for the scheduling it was done randomly and no thought was put in to who was playing who, just getting a schedule that worked. I still don't see enough of an argument for getting rid of the system and I will be keeping it until I see otherwise.

xD don't use stupid team names, they're confusing.

Divisions are still stupid though.

Edit: You don't see enough of an argument against it?  I just don't see how this is any better than a round robin, or even a swiss system.  Randomly deciding which teams will play each other twice is obviously going to cause imbalance and seems totally pointless.  The fact that no one else has turned up to defend the current system should show it's not a minority. 

By my count, 6 9 people have said they dislike the system, and so far only you are for it.  The fact that the other 150-odd haven't said anything doesn't magically put them on your side.

Personally, the divisions don't bother me. With or without them, I'm still gonna play.

To my main point, this is Roberta's tournament. We've known that we were going to have divisions for a while now. If you don't like how he wants to run his own tournament, then don't play. This issue isn't similar to the situation with Zoyka. It's not a big deal. Not having divisions has been suggested, and Roberta has responded multiple times. He obviously wants to run the tournament the way he likes. Quit whining and go host a tournament yourself if you don't want one with divisions.

There's a difference in whining when you're the only 2. Every tourney is for the community, so the community has a say. Also divisions weren't revealed till after the draft, so they been in place for 2-3 weeks with several people expressing their discontent since they've gone up.

You're right that this is Rob's tourney, but there are more than just himself in this tournament. It's fine that you don't care either way Trox, but telling us to stop "whining" doesn't help the situation. Right now there are quite a few people against the system, a system he put in place without telling admins till after the site was up. Plus again, he made them himself, there's a ton of room for skepticism in that house on its own.

Fietta said:
Since teams aren't exactly balanced, some people have an easy schedule and some a much harder schedule. It's not hard to make everyone play each other.

In the combined power rankings of 8 people, the predicted bottom 3 teams are all in a different division (1 for each division.) The power rankings were made after the divisions were. So I would say that Roberta did indeed carefully make the divisions/schedule as best as he could.

MrNevino1 said:
Well originally my team was predicted bottom 3 and are in the same div as Beans. Someone seems to have changed the rankings....

Your team was never predicted to be in the bottom 3 once all of the 8 people's opinions were combined. I watched the whole process.

Nevino,

Since you are so outspoken about this I'll just use the reasoning I used to make these. No one take offense, they are just rankings based on paper. One team from each tier went into each division. Most of the community agrees with these with the exception of a few.

Tier One Teams:
Roberta - 1
Arys - 2
Sigi - 3

Tier Two Teams:
Nevino - 1
Squirtles - 2
Ebdanian - 3

Tier Three Teams:
Beansacks - 1
Rons - 2
Squeaks - 3

Our team is bottom of tier 2, yet we play mostly tier 1s. I can't find the logic. I also hate the fact that you slam yourself as the best team. **** off mate. I would love to actually play against all teams instead of NOT playing most of the teams in the tournament. What sort of tournament is it when you don't play all teams?

Fietta said:
Our team is bottom of tier 2, yet we play mostly tier 1s. I can't find the logic. I also hate the fact that you slam yourself as the best team. **** off mate. I would love to actually play against all teams instead of NOT playing most of the teams in the tournament. What sort of tournament is it when you don't play all teams?

By this ranking you do indeed play four Tier One teams, and four non Tier One teams. Any of these teams can easily beat another on any given day. Generally speaking they are all evenly divided, it all depends who shows up and if they are ready to play.

I have never played every team in a tournament at any point in time. My last few tournament experiences I played the same team three times in a 6 week period.

To reiterate my point, you can suggest to Roberta that the tournament format should be changed, that's fine. But he has responded multiple times to everyone that he does not believe your reasons are enough. Does that make him selfish, stupid, or maybe even a bad tournament hoster? Maybe, maybe not, but it's his tournament and he's treating it as such whilst also replying to the community's suggestions. So you can stop saying the same thing someone else already said (directed towards everyone.) And from what I see on the divisions and schedule, it is balanced as well as it possibly can be. At this point, it seems like complaining.

Trox said:
To reiterate my point, you can suggest to Roberta that the tournament format should be changed, that's fine. But he has responded multiple times to everyone that he does not believe your reasons are enough. Does that make him selfish, stupid, or maybe even a bad tournament hoster? Maybe, maybe not, but it's his tournament and he's treating it as such whilst also replying to the community's suggestions. So you can stop saying the same thing someone else already said (directed towards everyone.) And from what I see on the divisions and schedule, it is balanced as well as it possibly can be. At this point, it seems like complaining.

Ebdanians team - Bottom of Tier 2

Plays 4 Tier 1s
Plays 2 Tier 2s
Plays 2 Tier 3s

Roberta's team - Top of tier 1

Plays 1 Tier 1s
Plays 3 Tier 2s
Plays 4 Tier 3s

oko.

Balancing is easy to do, just let every team play each other. Balance succeeded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom