Vote on an additonal theme?

Users who are viewing this thread

havoc

Marquis
I've always used the chocolate theme because I've always seen it as the only good looking one. However, I find that it is also the worst theme for scaling to tablets and phones, etc.

So now I'm here, on my hands and knees begging for at least one new theme that is both nice to look at and that scales well.

Something like this looks at lot nicer than anything we currently have. No idea how it scales though. http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=2741

Please don't hit me. I is fragile.

Looks nice but it might not be up to date enough, it doesn't look like it's been upgraded to be fully compatible with 2.0.9 which is what we're on now. Might depend on Janus being able to make it work.

You could just find a theme which scales perfectly, then change its colours/style images to anything you'd fancy.

I can volunteer to do the gruntwork if someone comes up with a base theme and a fitting new style/colour scheme. (iSuck at creativity.)

SMF has just released a responsive theme mod for their default Curve theme which I'll review in the next few days. I expect it will also apply to the Chocolate Curvaceous, Prince of Darkness, and Blue Steel themes as well, but we'll see.

Well, after a combination of being very busy and also getting sick, I finally had a chance to look into the responsive theme mod. Turns out you guys would almost certainly hate it. For one thing, avatars are hidden on smaller displays and with all of the layout changes it makes with the side section of posts being streamlined into the top of them, it wouldn't be as simple a matter to just modify the CSS to make it show avatars again.
Right now I don't really have the time or desire to mold their mod changes to suit you guys who are using themes other than our default one, so for now this is going onto the back burner.

SMF will include responsive changes along these lines when they release version 2.1, which is currently in unstable beta. When it comes time for me to update the forum to SMF 2.1, I'll undoubtedly need to revisit this issue, since their default Curve theme has been completely reworked in 2.1. I'll need to do a lot of overhauling of the themes to fit with the reworked Curve theme at that point anyway.

Back
Top Bottom