Viking Conquest Update 1.01 (released)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
doubleGRAFICS said:
How can i capture enemy ships?I wiped out some vikin parties but the option to take their ships didnt pop up yet.

also awesome patch.

It's a random event.  If you capture one you're presented with a screen describing what kind of boat you captured and whether you want to keep it or leave it.

There may be a bug that causes you to lose your troops.  I could have swornI had around 37 troops (using a karvi for raiding), captured a byrding and the world screen said I had 30 in my army.  I assumed it meant in my Karvi and another 7 in the Byrding.  I sailed to Ribe and sold the boat and still only had 30 troops.  It's possible the previous battle I lost a lot of troops and I really only had 30 but I don't think so.  I was basically skill/Renown farming at the time and rarely lost a troop in those fights.

Noticed couple things
1. For some reason I can't flag autosave feature in difficulty options. All other options work well, but not autosave.
2. Troop position flags that are seen by holding F1 are invisible now. (ignore, was fixed after reloading the game)
3. If you recruit troops in the settlement via UI, then enter the town, you will see them standing about in the line. Don't remember this happening in previous version. (happened in Dorestad)

Sir Pwn-A-Lot said:
Noticed couple things
1. For some reason I can't flag autosave feature in difficulty options. All other options work well, but not autosave.

I think autosave was totally disabled with this patch.

mike56 said:
Sir Pwn-A-Lot said:
Noticed couple things

I think autosave was totally disabled with this patch.

Yeah, it was causing some issues.  Note that's just the 48 hour save,  there's still the autosave that occurs on changing scenes, and you can always manually save with F12 if you want to save scum prior to some risky adventure (like looting a village).

New patches bring new crashes.

I no longer crash when entering towns, but now crash at random points of the map. Was near the salt mines in Frisia and the game just crashed, no explanations. I am just fed up.

- Fixed many storyline problems reported for players. Specially in:
  - Odin's Cave
  - Sven's Hideout
  - Captain's problem
  - Trolls Bridge
  - Aescesdum
  - Companions conversation

I still can't sail to Douar-an-Enez because the friggin old sea captain says he's busy

So the new patch is out or did i misunderstand something and its still only in beta?
Because my game via steam isnt updating, and i have tried restarting steam several times.

Bail said:
So the new patch is out or did i misunderstand something and its still only in beta?
Because my game via steam isnt updating, and i have tried restarting steam several times.

beta. Just read the thread title: Viking Conquest Update 1.01 (beta)

You can download it if you opt for the beta using Steam. Or wait a few for the release.

Nice work Dev's

This patch will fix the version which do not work or is it just small bugs ?

Good work great job hopefully I will be able to kill some Vikings now !

And multiplayer twohanded axes lamelar armor plus some balance stuff Bow balance. bow is completley usless

I tried the beta, and I still get frequent CTDs, and horrible texture issues.

I really want to help the developers resolve this so that I can play this game I purchased, just tell me how I can help!

craftyguy said:
I tried the beta, and I still get frequent CTDs, and horrible texture issues.

I really want to help the developers resolve this so that I can play this game I purchased, just tell me how I can help!

can you post in what situations you get these CTDs and pictures of "bad textures" would be helpful.

JuJu70 said:
can you post in what situations you get these CTDs and pictures of "bad textures" would be helpful.

I posted two youtube videos in the previous patch thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajXatBG5Nf8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hKZU_okYe4

I am running Linux (3.17 kernel) with an Nvidia 750ti and the latest 343.36 drivers, 16GB of ram, and have tried the game in both window and full screen mode.

Hello,

Will this update include the 1.0 hotfix? I own the non-Steam version and I no longer have the link to the hotfix (it was sent to me by email and I deleted it :oops:)

Cheers

The 1.01 beta downloaded from steam has introduced more problems in my game than I had prior:

- Constant red text "Error on loading X".
- My own navigation and pathfinding of water is messed up. I hit random invisible walls.
- My noble banner changed to a random flag, one that I really don't like.
- The battle standard no longer has a flag attached to it. It just looks like a two handed metal pole.
- Even worse performance issues. The lag I experience off the coast of England is unbearable.
- Danish, Norwegian, and Swedish Vikings still have loads of farmers embedded in their army.
- My ships seem to fly in naval battles.

Barradin said:
The 1.01 beta downloaded from steam has introduced more problems in my game than I had prior:

- Constant red text "Error on loading X".
- My own navigation and pathfinding of water is messed up. I hit random invisible walls.
- My noble banner changed to a random flag, one that I really don't like.
- The battle standard no longer has a flag attached to it. It just looks like a two handed metal pole.
- Even worse performance issues. The lag I experience off the coast of England is unbearable.
- Danish, Norwegian, and Swedish Vikings still have loads of farmers embedded in their army.
- My ships seem to fly in naval battles.
Some of these should be fixed in the patch we just pushed out.

Just pushed another patch out to beta.

These changes include:

-fixes to savegame compatibility
-Fixes for sounds on man/linux
-Re added some missing assets
-improved versioning

We hope to push this out live within the hour with the non steam versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom