Viking Conquest Reforged Edition Patch released! (2.023)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOGO_VC_defn_shadow_500.png

Hello all!

Here is the changelog for the upcoming Viking Conquest Reforged Edition patch! This will be coming soon to all versions but is available to try right now on Steam, by opting into the beta (instructions below). Any feedback you can give us on the changes is appreciated as always.

Changelog Viking Conquest Reforged Edition 2.023
# Fixes

Fix rescue slave from village scene
Fix port attack stutter
Remove testing trigger
Fix duplicate ship getting renamed
Add more landing points for faster Norse invasions
Rearrange adventurers' AI trigger to avoid unnecessary AI interruptions (bouncing around at sea)
Change all ti_on_hit to FIRST test if inflicted agent is active (battle red text)
Return to "update all notes" for faction relation changes
Fix suspected critical constant for alliance system
Add check for bad party to script_party_set_ai_state (red text)
Fix wrong dialog option for Trainer in player's refuge.
Fix and document missing prisoners.
Fix refuge dialogs.
Fix refuge training. Limit it to produce only up to L3 troops and have it stop automatically.
Allow refuge items to be refreshed. Have them be from the player culture.
Include attachments when inflicting damage to party from siege event.
Avoid problems by prohibiting companions from being captured by player.
Fix quest dialogs, results.
Update game notes regarding shield taunt.
Take dead player's troops out of scripted mode (frozen skirmishers).
Show when player is mercenary on character report.
Track and test for last town to pay siege tribute (to avoid paying again).
Avoid spawning recruitable dog during village quests.
Move troops and ships from demolished camp.
Alter price adjustment formulas to avoid player from making money just by buying/selling a single item over and over again.
Add script_encounter_calculate_fit to "Charge Villagers" so player gets full party.
Restructure torture dialogs.
Except bandit lairs from icon changes.
Routed parties get ship icons.
Marchoc's polearm skill fixed.
Siege tributes posibilities balanced.
Now you can named only 7 ships, the rest will be random names.

Instructions for opting into the beta on Steam:
(You remember that you can also use your Warband Key in steam if you bought your game from Taleworlds webpage)

In the Steam Library, right click "Mount & Blade Warband" and select "Properties"
    In the window that opens, navigate to the "BETAS" tab
    In the "BETAS" tab, where it reads "Enter beta access code to unlock private betas:", enter the code betapassword exactly as shown
    Click "CHECK CODE" and upon confirmation that the beta has been successfully opted into, select "beta" from the dropdown menu on the same screen
    Close the window and allow the game to update
    The Reforged Edition Patch 2.003 beta should now be activated

I have done my fair share of complaining about things on here, but it's only because there's no other game quite like this one. Thanks for the fixes.  :cool:

Here's a video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AbHq1MuI4o

Yea good stuff. Kudo's on updating the game still.

Is there an release date indication for the steam-less update?
I've linked the game in Steam, but I'm hestitant about opting into the beta with serial keys and all that.
Have had multiple serial key problems with M&B (got Fire&Sword, M&B, M&B Warband, Napeolonic Wars and this one + life is fuedal.. skipped the pirate one)

Why do Welsh lords have Odin on their helmets? They use Vendal designs of Odin with a spear.

I would seriously consider giving them this helmet, it would differ from the Angle helm by not having the designs on the cheek guards.
https://scontent.fphx1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t31.0-8/10924664_10204550392977642_892226529015550044_o.jpg

Inspired by this picture

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/d0/f6/3d/d0f63dd515758cd3d6255acc661a4b5b.jpg

That has already been decided that the Dane axe is out of period and was not in wide use at this time. However if you want a two handed axe go to the troll bride in Denmark, just remember you need 21 strength to use it.

reiksmarshal said:
That has already been decided that the Dane axe is out of period and was not in wide use at this time. However if you want a two handed axe go to the troll bride in Denmark, just remember you need 21 strength to use it.
Or, once you get 500 renown, you can go to a named weaponsmith and ask him to surprise you. You might get "Woodcutter", a two-handed axe slightly shorter and a bit less powerful than the Troll´s but with lower strength requirement.

Articulo34 said:
reiksmarshal said:
Or, once you get 500 renown, you can go to a named weaponsmith and ask him to surprise you. You might get "Woodcutter", a two-handed axe slightly shorter and a bit less powerful than the Troll´s but with lower strength requirement.
it's a shame , these axes are very slow :sad:

The amount of casualties per event was pretty high in last patch (lost 150 men in last siege without having a say about it) do you intend to tune that down ?

PS : I don't understand what is meant by 'attachement' so sorry if the answer is already in that quote

I presume he means the parties that follow you, like the fyrd or fiendly lords when you are the marshal.

Utfred said:

The amount of casualties per event was pretty high in last patch (lost 150 men in last siege without having a say about it) do you intend to tune that down ?

PS : I don't understand what is meant by 'attachement' so sorry if the answer is already in that quote
It's technical. Basically, the function would consider only the number of men in a garrison when calculating amount of damage, but then spread that also between any lords helping defend the besieged town.

This only affects events that damage one side or the other, like plagues. It will increase casualties from this type of event for a player besieging with allies.

Having superior numbers will reduce your casualties against the enemy's schemes.

Hi reiksmarshal,
I'm afraid... no, we will not release the version today. In any case, the "released" version will be the same as the beta+critical issues+training issue fixed. So.. we can say you already have the version if you have the game in steam.. at least 95% of it.  :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom