Users who are viewing this thread

Articulo34 said:
RanGer_SLO said:
A few things are the problem.

1. Musket's are too inaccurate.
2. Horses have too much HP.
3. Muskets don't do enough damage.
3. Bracing doesn't work.
4. Musket melee. I'm fixing the animations, but the damage values are still to low.
5. Too much cavalry compared to infantry. The ratio of infantry - cavalry during the Napoleonic wars was 6 -1 in France and 7,2 - 1 in Austria, right now it's closer to 3 - 1.
This and also battlefields are a bit too small. Sometimes I´m not even finished properly deploying my men (takes some time to get 180 men into formation) when cavalry is already on top of us.

More like AI just charging in blindly. Ideally we'd want the AI to hold first at spawn, then deploy it's troops around the battlefield, and once the infantry started the fighting manoeuvre the cavalry for a devastating charge.

I have never had a massive problem with enemy cavalry, I always have a small contingent of 50 dragoons in front of the infantry, just standing there. Then because I know how dumb the enemy cavalry actually are, I run on my own past the cavalry, aggro-ing them all to me and then I run through any hole I see in their infantry and quickly kill off their artillery men. By the time I have reached their infantry I have already ordered my cavalry to charge at their cavalry, who are facing backwards towards me and probably stuck in their own infantry, my line infantry are also charging to get stragglers and the light inf I usually just leave hanging by the artillery. This results in the enemy army getting their **** wrecked and me having less than 10% of my men die, all of them cavalry.

This is on full damage settings with 300 man battle size set. The fact this tactic works just proves the point that muskets are too poor, the enemy is too stupid and that cavalry is in fact too op. My cavalry gets 90% of all kills and it bothers me that the enemy AI are too stupid to form their own square or to stop going after me if they are cavalry. Any effort to change this system and to get more kills for my infantry usually results in alot of them dieing.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I could try to record some footage as proof but that may take me a while, I'd rather you just took my word for it.

Yes that works, I mean, I could get 177 cavalry if I wanted to.

But as stated before, some people like to role play not power play.

I like to roleplay as well yenno, just that cavalry do just wipe the floor with anyone, comes down to ride or get rolled on in some battles. Sieges are probably my favorite thing to do in the game anyway, much more fairer on the computer and me, its the real bread and butter of Napoleonic warfare imo.

True, because I was totally trying to play as you can see by me riding around, instead of showing the damage cavalry could do :smile:

Back
Top Bottom