Vertex animations

Users who are viewing this thread

Vincenzo said:
No.

Only with vertex shaders.

In 1.15x(?) added prop_deform_to_frame (? or something like that), non-ideal, but for some cases could help

so you need something like this:

(0,0,0, [], [
#code
  #assume that we have in ":instance_no" id of prop inst that needs to be deformed
  (scene_prop_get_slot, ":time_from_last_deform", ":instance_no", scene_slot_time_from_last_deform),
  (store_mission_timer_a_msec, ":time"),
  (val_add, ":time_from_last_deform", ":time"),
  (ge, ":time_from_last_deform", ":anim_delay_between_frames"),
  (scene_prop_get_slot, ":cur_frame", ":instance_no", scene_slot_time_from_last_deform),
  (val_add, ":cur_frame", 1),
  (try_begin),
    (gt, ":cur_frame", ":max_frame_for_this_prop"),
    (assign, ":cur_frame", ":start_frame"),
  (end_try),
  (prop_instance_deform_to_frame, ":inatance_no", ":cur_frame"),
  #pseudocode end...
]),

I presume you've checked all three Module Systems?  If so, then yeah, it'd be nice to know what the command number is, instead of teasing us  :lol:

Aw, it isn't nice to tease us like that :lol:

If they're adding things like that, I don't suppose they could add a method to advance to a given frame or morph between two vertex animation states on a weapon?  That would finally make complex firearms animations really practical, amongst other things.

Then again, that's right up there with finally being able to write whole new attack states instead of waiting for them to add them into the engine, like how I finally fixed the spear problems with the stuff you guys had added to support bayonet behaviors in NW, lol.

Arsakes said:
So in Warband 1.158 it is still impossible to use vertex animations for scene props, without WSE or shaders?
It hasnt been possible for a long time, if it ever was. You can animate props via the module systems but they only let you rotate/move the prop.

La Grandmaster said:
Arsakes said:
So in Warband 1.158 it is still impossible to use vertex animations for scene props, without WSE or shaders?
It hasnt been possible for a long time, if it ever was. You can animate props via the module systems but they only let you rotate/move the prop.

.. or (maybe) split vertex animation to set of scene_props and then replace them by 0_0_0_trigger..

Back
Top Bottom