Vassals Keep Leaving my Kingdom

Users who are viewing this thread

Maul47

Recruit
Does anyone know how to keep the vassals happy so that they don't end up leaving my kingdom after I grant them land. Some of them do have a negative relationship with me so maybe that might be the problem? If so does anyone know a good method of improving relationships quickly?

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to keep the vassals happy so that they don't end up leaving my kingdom after I grant them land. Some of them do have a negative relationship with me so maybe that might be the problem? If so does anyone know a good method of improving relationships quickly?

Do quests for them, or give them land. But of course if you have multiple clans, every time you give land, the other two parties will be mad, so it's a lose lose situation unfortunately unless you're gaining fiefs quickly

is this the only way to give fiefs? When a clan is already part of your kingdom, then you take a settlement, then the voting starts? i have not been able to give my existing fief to new lords that join

Yea i was not able to trade fiefs to lords so that they would join me, the only option that I have to recruit new lords has been to persuade them into joining me. This can cost me a lot of money typically and then sometimes they end up leaving because of our relationship being poor.

Does anyone know if lords will randomly defect to my kingdom if I win the war against them?

Defecting lords for no particular reason was a "feature" that stunk in older warband versions as well. A way to moderate that was to give fiefs to companions who did not defect, but that workaround is not available here. Funny how some of the worst aspects of previous warbands have been made worse in this version. How is that possible?

Defecting lords for no particular reason was a "feature" that stunk in older warband versions as well. A way to moderate that was to give fiefs to companions who did not defect, but that workaround is not available here. Funny how some of the worst aspects of previous warbands have been made worse in this version. How is that possible?
Yeah it gives me a headache just thinking about it.

i never had an issue with defecting lords in warband. it was pretty easy to tell if they were gonna leave, and 20+ was usually enough for them to be loyal. but in bannerlord, relations really dont matter. friends, enemies, you can recruit them all, and they'll defect all the same. whats exceptionally annoying too - you can convince a king's friend to join you, only for them to rejoin a bit later. why leave in the first place?
this mod fixes defections, at least for the player kingdom.

The only lords I've had quitting on me where those of minor factions I'd vassalized. They didn't even defect to the enemy or anything, just gave up their fiefs and became vagrants again. I stopped vassalizing minor factions after that and just took the regular mercenary contracts.

I did expand the size and power of my kingdom very rapidly at the start though, so if my (native) nobles wanted to defect they'd be switching to the clearly losing side.

This is giving me the ****s, I keep getting vessels leaving. I give them land, bump the relationship with influence support and come and save their towns from sieges, but they still defect. What is the mechanic for them leaving? What else can I do to keep them happy?

Back
Top Bottom