Vassal relationship drop

Users who are viewing this thread

Plutarch

Regular
I had this originally posted in the suggestions, decided to move it here.  If you are a monarch, your relationship drops by 5 each week with your lords.  It was recommended by Quintillius that you should:

- Give higher titles
- Send Letter of Approval
- Increase privileges
- Send gift

I have done all of these and I still can't manage the Lords relationships.  Has anyone found a working solution to maintain a decent relationship with their vassals?

Had 2, now 3.  All are Archdukes and all decrease by 5 each week.  It is brutal and almost game-breaking if you want to have a kingdom.  I plan to keep 1, maybe 2 Archdukes, feed them castles and fiefs to keep them happy and make them super powered.  I don't see a way around it.

My Nobility has around 60-70% influence also - to the detriment of other classes.

I find it also hard to maintain relationships with your vassals, currently I own what used to be the territory of the rhodoks and I keep feeding my vassals with land to keep them happy but the land will run out in time.

Plutarch said:
Had 2, now 3.  All are Archdukes and all decrease by 5 each week.  It is brutal and almost game-breaking if you want to have a kingdom.  I plan to keep 1, maybe 2 Archdukes, feed them castles and fiefs to keep them happy and make them super powered.  I don't see a way around it.

My Nobility has around 60-70% influence also - to the detriment of other classes.
Then my suggestion didnt work. Hmm.. :/

Tell me, how hard is it to spend 60,000 or 30,000 Florins to these lords to increase opinion with 10 points?
(Send gift option)

* Lords will defect when relationship is less than -50.

I'm just starting V2 - new game - so I don't know yet but it will be much more difficult without the massive income from the rents.

Seriously, this one designed portion of the game is the only thing I find difficult to work around.

Quintillius said:
Tell me, how hard is it to spend 60,000 or 30,000 Florins to these lords to increase opinion with 10 points?
(Send gift option)

True but due to the income from rents being reduced in V1.2 I dont know how it will work out till I actually test it.

Plutarch said:
I had this originally posted in the suggestions, decided to move it here.  If you are a monarch, your relationship drops by 5 each week with your lords.  It was recommended by Quintillius that you should:

- Give higher titles
- Send Letter of Approval
- Increase privileges
- Send gift

I have done all of these and I still can't manage the Lords relationships.  Has anyone found a working solution to maintain a decent relationship with their vassals?

I also have this problem

nutellapie said:
Quintillius said:
(Send gift option)

True but due to the income from rents being reduced in V1.2 I dont know how it will work out till I actually test it.

Quintillius gave a script modification on P5 of the suggestion sticky, I changed it to 200 to get around 2K per week for a palace.  The old rents were ridiculously high and it may have been possible.  Now, with the new rents, it will be impossible to manage more than a vassal or two.

nutellapie said:
Quintillius said:
(Send gift option)

C'mon guys. This gold will be removed from the kingdom treasury. A town brings around 300,000 Florins into the treasury. So it shouldn't be hard.

Lmao atm. Can you guys just stop whining of money ?  In old or future system there will be money like whores in Thailand... Too much is just too much. What y do with 10k per palace srsly ? Had them 20 in first save and i got bored. I just wasted it to pockets of bandits to avoid boring 20vs 50 battles :wink:

Screw it, I'm on V2 now anyway and nowhere close to being a monarch.  When I get to that point I'll try giving more gifts and managing it closer.  More to follow...

Back
Top Bottom