[Variant] - Sword of Damocles V4 - Gunpowder Invasion V1

Users who are viewing this thread

Deathknight13

Sergeant at Arms
This variant's next version will be for WARBAND

This variant does not work with the latest version of SoD.  The LASTEST COMPATIBLE VERSION is with SoD V4
Welcome one and all, this is Sword Of Damocles - Gunpowder Invasion!
DOWNLOAD & INFORMATION
Repository:https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=8&id=1129
Mirror:
Mirror:

ALTERNATIVE SMOKE SYSTEMS
Repository: https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=6&id=1142

The thunder of guns will take Calradia by storm, all will fall to the might of the enemy, known as Сполучені південної Конфедерації (United Southern Confederacy)
Features
  • Realistic smoke system, watch as it fills the air and clouds your vision (based and inspired by Mirathei's Gun Thunder smoke, credit given)
  • Mixed up ranks and invader lord names, in order to decrease identification issues
  • Very strong invading army, armed to the teeth with Late Renaissance/ Pre-Industrial gunpowder weapons.
  • Realistic gun weapons, a storm of gunfire should be expected.

RECOMMENDED
More Metal Sounds Mod, contains far better gun sounds
Currently the invasion comes after 160 days.

Changelog
Version 1.0
Original Version

Install Instructions
Will be in the readme, but just make a copy of the V4 SoD named Sword Of Damocles - Gunpowder Invasion and overwrite it with the files.

KNOWN BUGS
#If you get a weird white textures on the edges of battle fields please say so.
#Musket smoke tends to be rather laggy, so if you have a slow machine you should get one of the alternate smoke systems

Credits
Vonmistont, of course
Massive credits to OSP Firearms, OSP Uniforms.
Mirathei for smoke.

Next Version: Gunpowder Invasion V2 for first stable WARBAND compatible SoD

- Many new features, will elaborate when I get it all figured out.

PLEASE NOTE: You do not get guns right away! The invaders have them, but you don't. I am working on a system that will let you get them slowly.

DOCUMENTS
Letter/Journal entry
This dated letter or journal entry was recovered by a scout patrol far beyond Calradia. It appears all of the patrol but two men were killed, bringing back this paper and a tale of
horrible smoke and fire magiks. Disturbing as it is, the two men were driven mad by what they described as "the devils flame".

"Сполучені південної Конфедерації  1258 Дванадцять
Багато громадян Calradia думають, що вони перебувають у стані війни ....
Ми покажемо їм війни ....

Довгі ми правила, ми знесли велику зберігає і зрівняли містах наших ворогів ....
Грабіж, і розграбовані, все на славу нації.
Тим не повинна стояти на нашому шляху, немає зупинить нас.
І якщо їх спробувати?

Ми дамо їм пекло.

Слава п'ять зірок сірим кольором. Ми в даний час правила. Тим не будуть знати нашого вторгнення. Тим не зрозуміють наші технології. Вони не можуть навіть почати розуміти природу нашої влади. Вони будуть градом нас Бог, чи ж вони будуть просити за смерть на колінах. Велич Сполучених південної конфедерації повинні знати все. Ті, хто буде протистояти знаю тільки вогнем наших знарядь. Дросселірованіе диму нашого гніву. точило краю нашого лезвия.
Вони будуть представляти, або відкинути як і все інше ".

It appears to be a unknown dialect, unable to translate without extensive reference points.

GAME INFO
TROOPS, EQUIPMENT, AND CHARACTERS
CHARACTERS
General Mykhalio
Rumored to be the leader of the USC forces encroaching on Calradia. Not much is known about this man, except that he is a ruthless and cunning foe. His name is thought
to mean 'God' or 'Divine' as, some (very roughly) translated texts seemd to hail him as a eternal leader.

TROOPS
USC Pistolleer
The basic soldier of the USC. Armed with a variety of pistols, and a classic Infantry Saber. Poor shooting skills, but much deadlier if used in great numbers or at close range.

USC Lineman
The backbone of the USC. Outfitted with a array of weapons and a saber. Decent shooting skills, devastating when used in a volley format.

USC Grenadier
The main assualt troops of the USC. Trained to use more direct tactics, and get closer to the enemy before shooting, uses slugshots and other shortange weapons.

USC Sharpshooter
Extremely skilled veterans of the USC. Armed with accurate muskets and rifles, very dangerous if used wisely, deadly if used in large numbers.

USC Hussar
Basic cavalry of the USC. Not greatly skilled but useful for their speed and strength against light infantry.

More to come....

EQUIPMENT
Weapons with a aterisk by them are limited by the game engine and do not have all features described

USC L29P (aka. USC Light Pistol)

Lightweight flintlock pistol. Medium accuracy but with a smaller slug, lower stopping power and often made out of less then reliable materials.

USC S54P (aka. USC Standard Pistol)
Medium weight flintlock pistol. Medium accuracy with standard issue pistol slug, medium stopping power and usually made out of average materials.

USC H12P (aka. USC Heavy Pistol) *
Heavy weight flintlock pistol. Lower accuracy then its lighter counterparts, and a large caliber pistol slug. High stopping power but requires the use of a
modified chamber system. Made out of thick metal, known for its tendency to jam with bad conditions.

USC O3P (aka. USC Officer's Pistol)

Medium weight flintlock pistol. High accuracy and a modified shaped projectile, giving it lower stopping power but extra chance to damage vital organs. Made
from high quality metals and known for a stubborn reliability not shared by most other guns.

USC HA6A (aka. USC Militia Handgonne)
Bulky handgonne used by many militia because of its cheap make. Low accuracy and a ineffective and primitive slug version. Low stopping power but very useful
at close range. Made of wood and iron, prone to wear and tear, not reliable at all.

USC MA43A (aka. USC Matchlock Arquebuse)
More standard arquebuse. Used by many infantry, low accuracy that is often shared by most Arquebuse. Medium stopping power and made out of decent
materials, but difficulty to reload.

USC L35SS (aka. USC 'Drake' Slugshot)

A specialized version of the classic arquebuse, thickened chamber and sturdy build make it rather heavy compared to other guns. It uses a hollow ball with many
iron balls just inside. On contact with a enemy the balls burst from their fragile container, tearing flesh and armor alike. Unfortunately due to the erratic nature of
the projectile it can often burst before contact, rendering the range very short. Very low accuracy but great stopping power. Because of the type of projectile
the weapons is naturally well built. Used popularly by assault troops, because of the total uselessness at any medium distance.

USC H21SS (aka. USC 'Hydra' Slugshot) *
(does have four shots)
A exotic modified version of the L35SS, called a Hydra Slugshot popularly by many troops because of the multi-chamber system. Uses a revolving quadruple barrel.
Much heavier than even the drake Slugshot because of the extra barrels. Load time is drastically increased, and the stopping power and size of the slugs is reduced,
causing it to have overall lower damage potential. Hollow Slugs are much smaller, with less balls in inside, although this increases accuracy to a extent. Very expensive
and well built, because of the complex nature of the gun, it needs high quality materials.

USC SOBS2 (aka. USC 'Sharpshot' Longbarrel)
Fairly accuracte version of a late musket early rifle. Unfortunately this weapon is greatly complicated an extremely unreliable.
Ironically, it is only kept around because it is cheaper then more reliable version, and it is more likely to hit the target than
other guns. The rather dubious name is blamed on the rather dubious company with originally fielded the weapon.

USC SB2AQ (aka. USC Smoothbore Arqet) *

A unreliable combination of new musket technology and older arquebuse, which is where it gets its name. Medium weight, with improved accuracy then a normal
arquebuse, slightly higher stopping power but increased chance for the powder fail to ignite correctly, and mud jams to happen with aggravating frequency.

More to come...

SCREENSHOTS

OLD SCREENSHOTS

WARNING: Great amount of images below.
The division move onward.
mb1.jpg

Get those farmers!
mb2.jpg

Lets go men!
mb3.jpg

Charge!
mb4.jpg

There's the enemy!
mb5.jpg

To the death!
mb6.jpg

He's dead!
mb7.jpg

Nice knowing you guys...
mb8.jpg

You are ugly!
mb9.jpg

Mob Tactics
mb10.jpg

Well, we lost.
mb11.jpg
mb12.jpg

mb13.jpg

mb14.jpg

mb15.jpg

mb16.jpg

mb17.jpg

mb18.jpg

mb19.jpg

mb20.jpg

mb21.jpg

Wow, a surge of mods of SoD (Mods of a mod, whats that? modmod??)
while i appreciate gunfire, i dont think it fits SoD... =P

but thats my opinion, and no way indicative your work is negative, ideas are great, keep helping vonmist to make our dear SoD even greater!

JKRevan; Yes a modmod I suppose, guns are a bit edgy but I think they are a fun addition.

vonmistont: thanks for the sticky and all the help.

Game info section updated.

Nice!
Did you make the pistols/equipment yourself?
This is very cool, I will play it once I finish my current game which is at day 405. I have 8 of the legion captured so 70 to go. So I guess I will play it in 1-2 weeks depending on how long it takes me to win.

You should help Vonmistont with V5.

The pistols and guns are from the OSP Firearms, but I thought up and created the items yeah.
The weapon/equipment list is not complete of course. Until I get some more models the number of guns is limited to what I have now.

Deathknight13 said:
The pistols and guns are from the OSP Firearms, but I thought up and created the items yeah.
The weapon/equipment list is not complete of course. Until I get some more models the number of guns is limited to what I have now.
Are you going to help Vonmistont with V5?

vonmistont said:
Great job!

So now we have Legion, Undeads and Gunpowder invasion. Something good for everyone :smile:
I concur. I myself have considered tweaking the Legion for my own personal use to be more like other configurations, so it isn't always just short swords and javelins with big shields. I love fighting the Legion, but sometimes you just want to change things up. And SoD is such an awesome mod that just by tweaking who invades, the game feels fresh and fun over and over again.  :smile:

King Loras said:
vonmistont said:
Great job!

So now we have Legion, Undeads and Gunpowder invasion. Something good for everyone :smile:
I concur. I myself have considered tweaking the Legion for my own personal use to be more like other configurations, so it isn't always just short swords and javelins with big shields. I love fighting the Legion, but sometimes you just want to change things up. And SoD is such an awesome mod that just by tweaking who invades, the game feels fresh and fun over and over again.  :smile:
Yeah, and tweaking the invasdion date is good. 366 days was too long, I had 80 faith troops and 50 top tier nobles and 30 mid tier nobles and about 50-100 1st tier nobles and I can make 100 sharpshooters in 2 weeks, or UNLIMITED mid tier bow men. So I am basically unstoppable, I use my top tier nobles, mid tier nobles, and faith troops and pretty good companions and I rape the legion. Invasion date at 200 would be good, and even stronger stuff. The gunpowder sounds like it should be good.

Something to the mod:
Maybe you could unlock gun units by defeating Centurians? Like a 5% chance of getting the info on how to make a certain unit type, and eventually you could have them all.

I like Jason's idea, unlocking some new technology options by "interrogating" captured Centurions would be nice (if it would be followed by ability to upgrade an army to higher levels).
Also the Engineers could have guns at least :smile:

P.S.
Make some screens, it always help in promotion :wink:

vonmistont said:
I like Jason's idea, unlocking some new technology options by "interrogating" captured Centurions would be nice (if it would be followed by ability to upgrade an army to higher levels).

P.S.

This idea would fit nicely with our idea of the random story drops.  Also, maybe special weapons could be dropped by kings after defeating them in battle.

FS

FleshyStarfish said:
vonmistont said:

P.S.

This idea would fit nicely with our idea of the random story drops.  Also, maybe special weapons could be dropped by kings after defeating them in battle.

FS
Thats perfect!
You should be able to get guns as loot and that will be your only source and maybe centurians can have special guns, well stronger ones.

jasonxfri13th said:
Deathknight13 said:

We will see, I hope to contribute to it though.
jasonxfri13th said:
King Loras said:
vonmistont said:
Great job!

Yeah, and tweaking the invasdion date is good. 366 days was too long, I had 80 faith troops and 50 top tier nobles and 30 mid tier nobles and about 50-100 1st tier nobles and I can make 100 sharpshooters in 2 weeks, or UNLIMITED mid tier bow men. So I am basically unstoppable, I use my top tier nobles, mid tier nobles, and faith troops and pretty good companions and I rape the legion. Invasion date at 200 would be good, and even stronger stuff. The gunpowder sounds like it should be good.

Something to the mod:
Maybe you could unlock gun units by defeating Centurians? Like a 5% chance of getting the info on how to make a certain unit type, and eventually you could have them all.

Wow that is actually a great idea, it will go with the DOCUMENTS section in combination with the eventual ability to use guns. Sounds fun.

The 'Centurions' and the General still have SoD weapons, since I want some more specialized equipment for them.

GAME INFO section update more. Another troop. Screens will be here soonish, whenever I can get around to making some.

EDIT: screenshots beinging uploaded to photobucket as I type this.

Won't the lightly armored gunpowder troops be even more prone to being slaughtered by large masses of heavy cavalry?

Yrodrik said:
Won't the lightly armored gunpowder troops be even more prone to being slaughtered by large masses of heavy cavalry?

heheheheheheheheehhe........ good thing i like playing adenians - GIANT HEAVY CAVALRY HORDES FTW!!!!!

That depends, the invader cavalry may be light but they are good, and a gun volley to your cavalry's face won't help them out eh?

If this is a issue, I suppose I can combat this later.

Deathknight13 said:
jasonxfri13th said:
Deathknight13 said:

We will see, I hope to contribute to it though.
jasonxfri13th said:
King Loras said:
vonmistont said:
Great job!

Something to the mod:

Wow that is actually a great idea, it will go with the DOCUMENTS section in combination with the eventual ability to use guns. Sounds fun.

The 'Centurions' and the General still have SoD weapons, since I want some more specialized equipment for them.

GAME INFO section update more. Another troop. Screens will be here soonish, whenever I can get around to making some.

EDIT: screenshots beinging uploaded to photobucket as I type this.
When you say the generals have SoD weapons you mean that ONLY the leaders, aka lords, have SoD legion equipment?

Back
Top Bottom