Vaegir troop tree rebalance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Thank you! That actually works. I raised projectile speed of vaegir skirmishers' bow to 99 and they just sniped everyone. :twisted: So this is actually a solution. :idea: Just need to make sure to balance it right not to make ranged op. At the same time raising their bow's accuracy to 160 (my character with 25 bow proficiency had perfect accuracy) was not useful, archers were still overshooting. I will run some balance tests and report on my findings.

Actually, I've been making some tweaks to crossbows, because they were  undershooting in a horrible way, so I could look up the values and post them here (as they are ~balanced)

All right, here is my data:
Bows have shot speed from 52 to 65, crossbows had speed around that as well. I set it around 60-70 for low-tier crossbows (hunting, light), and 80 for heavier ones. They tend to be more accurate at long range while not being able to snipe out the whole enemy army from insane distance.

About the nordic elite troop what if you make an item to make more stacks of throwing axes only for that troop it can even receive its name and to make the same for other elite troops so it will be funnier to see and tje player to have it should get a quest to be able to earn it or to only win in tornaments

Just because I have figured that Vaegir = Russian - Byzantine mix why have you not considered moving the Varangian Guard unit from Nords to Vaegirs.

To back it up more (historically although I know M&B is in a fictional world etc etc) Varangs were a mercenary guard which was given as a gift from the Russians to the Byzantines.

Also I always though the original M&B hints that once Varang = Varag which if you swap the letters it become as Vagar = Vaegir.

It would be a nice solution once you will introduce a high tier melee unit WITH a shield which Vaegirs are also a lot of in need.

Has this troop rebalance gone through or no? I ask because I have trouble getting veteran units in my game and so Vaegir longbows are an inconsistent source of my archer manpower. In the interim, I've been using janissaries to bulk up numbers. But on that note, I've found them to be a better deal on the basis of cost/benefit since more archers > better archers. It is sort of annoying in a way, especially the high tier archers are limited by their ammo as much as lower tier guys.

Maybe that should be an ability or something, 100% more ammo.

JaDaKa said:
Just because I have figured that Vaegir = Russian - Byzantine mix why have you not considered moving the Varangian Guard unit from Nords to Vaegirs.

To back it up more (historically although I know M&B is in a fictional world etc etc) Varangs were a mercenary guard which was given as a gift from the Russians to the Byzantines.

Also I always though the original M&B hints that once Varang = Varag which if you swap the letters it become as Vagar = Vaegir.

It would be a nice solution once you will introduce a high tier melee unit WITH a shield which Vaegirs are also a lot of in need.

I'm pretty sure te Vaegr Vanguard is based on Varangian Guard.

I think Varangian Guard (Nords Tree) = Varangian Guard (Byzantine Empire). :-p It is already in there.

In addition, their equipment is the same to what they really used back in the days.

Back
Top Bottom