v017 Previews + Factions Overhaul Ideas Thread (New preview)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sauron_mate

Grandmaster Knight
New Futuristic Soldier:
MRrAvD2.jpg

kaLHerE.png

New Gondor Armor:
fJ2Grcj.png

Black Gondor Armor:
K1jHi9V.png

New Uruks:
vxxBSpa.jpg

Roman Golden Armor set inspired by Ryse son of Rome
:
PkYpkti.jpg

T-Rex Attacking-
YAuRGjy.jpg

Raptors searching for survivors:
tTzjlwS.jpg

now people, (Factions Overhaul Ideas (Adding new troops to existing factions)

Us Developers would like to hear what you think / how we can overhaul existing factions. and how we can improve Full Invasion, tell us what needs to be done.

Template Example:

Suggestion for Empire:

New Troop: Empire Halberdier

Skills / Hp/ What armor : halberds with heavy armor.

Runs slow.

Invader suggestion:

Name: Very Crazy Farmer for Invasion of Crazy Farmers

Weapon: Crazy Farmer-Laser like weapon, shoot like a cannon

Armor: Trollface armor

All comments will be consider highly by us developers, therefore please post as many as possible. Most of the time Full Invasion forum is near dead therefore we have no idea what to do/ what to improve on, to do that we'll need your help

I have so many ideas that could improve this mod vastly and I want to start with existing LOTR factions first:

1) Each factions (Player's factions ONLY - NOT invasion version) are not really different from each other with each classes, except for 'graphic" looking.

Solution:  Each factions really should have their own strength/weakness in each classes.  For example, Elves should have fastest/most accuracy archers while other faction have slower/less accuracy bows.  Dwarves should have strongest melee strength (brutal strength) with bonus against shields, just as examples.

2) Heroes are not really different from normal classes!

Solution:  Turn heroes into something so rewarding with much stronger abilities for very high prices in golds.  Each of heroes should cost at least between 50,000 to 100,000 golds (Make a polls on that).  And that way, when you see heroes in battle, you know they are actually feel like actual heroes.  This applies to  Aragorn, Legolas, Gandalf, and the rest of fellowships.  And at same time, Saruman and Sauron needs serious overhaul so they feel really POWERFUL, especially with their weapons having both knock down and shield breaking bonus.

3) Weapons are not really much difference with damages, speeds, and bonus.

Solution:  Weapons need heavy overhaul, so each of weapons feels diversity with each other with their own bonus and abilities.  For example, Elves each bows should difference with damage/accuracy and have much difference in golds prices.  Same applies on different arrows with different bonus and effects just as examples.  We all need to discuss more about LOTR overhaul for factions and weapons.

4) Magic system doesn't exist for character like Gandalf.

Solution:  Either remove Gandalf (temporarily) or give Gandalf 'throwing' magic spells like other mod have.  For example, throwing fire balls, ice balls, explosive balls and other 'throwing magic" projectiles that comes with different prices and effects/bonus.

Eagle114th said:

1) This will be done,

Okay, something like this perhaps?

Elves = Have the best accuracy and excel in archery
Gondor  = Best known for their Swan Knight, devastating charges, Okay-archers and Okay-footman
Rhun - Heavy Easterling Cavalry, Good Easterling Pikeman
Harad - Mumakil
Dwarf- Brutal strengths with axes
Rohan - Fastest cav, devasting charges in high speed

2) Originally we planned to make heroes have a much higher health than normal troops to make them distinguish among others.

3) that is very true, making higher damage items/ legendary tier cost much higher will encourage players to stay on servers as well.

4) about magic system, Bad Idea (One of Lead Developers) is working on it and soon it will be implemented as following:

would be great if you can post more , with your help we can really improve this mod together. such fine comment posted here

Sauron_mate,

Thank you for your responses.  It is my goal to support this mod improving and evolving into greater mod.  There is so much feedback/suggestions/ideas I want to share with this community.  I wrote new thread about firearm overhaul for a start.

:smile:

1)
Elves = Have the best accuracy and excel in archery (suggestion: Elvish armour should have the best weight/protection ratio, while Gondor inf have the heavier armours.)
Gondor  = Best known for their Swan Knight, devastating charges, Okay-archers and Okay-footman
Rhun - Heavy Easterling Cavalry, Good Easterling Pikeman
Harad - Mumakil
Dwarf- Brutal strengths with axes (toughness, lots of Hp )
Rohan - Fastest cav (they have it already?), devasting charges in high speed (more Horse archery skills (like mongols/Khergits Ha) maybe? Rohirrims are suposed to have great mounted archers, and that would really give that faction a unique touch )

2)
Faramir is the best archer by far (dont know the stats but it is obvious in game), shouldn't it be Legolas, or even Haldir?

Suggestion for Cowboys:

New Troop: Lonesome Rider

Skills / Hp/ What armor : Unlike normal cowboys, has a horse. Can use pistol and a cavalry saber. Has a fast horse and a good ability to shoot from it. This class seems necessary to me, because what fun are cowboys if they are all on foot?

Suggestion for Chinese Dynasties:

New Troop: Artillerist

Skills / Hp / What armor : Has a big carriage in front with rockets coming from it. Uses a horse like some enemies (alien bug, rhinoceros), reskinned like the crusader carriage, but moves very slowly. Attacks slowly but deals area-of-effect damage like exploding melon, and with poor accuracy/reload speed.

Suggestion for 17th Century:

New Troop: Plantation Rebel

Skills / Hp / What armor : Has poor armour (basic clothes), but high-damage unwieldy worktool-weapons such as scythes, hammers, machetes and lumber axes. Has high strength, 2-handed skill, ironskin.

Suggestion for 7 Years War (and 7 Years War France/Britain)

New Troop: Native Ally

Skills / Hp / What armor : Has poor armour (use the one from the native invasions for a north american first nations person), high skill in throwing weapons and bows, and athletics. Has the option to use the muskets of their faction.

Suggestion for Gallic/Germanic

New Troop: Barbaric Warrior

Skills / Hp / What armor: Similar to the other Germanic warriors, but no shield and better access to heavy weapons and better skill with them (2-handed, pole).

Suggestions for Anglo-Zulu War

New Troop: Boer (see the original mod, they were quite a lot of fun to play)
New Troop: African ally
Skills/ Hp/ What armour: Borrow skins from the zulu invasion factions, give them access to the Martini-Henri rifle, and give them the full bodysuit / head from the zulu invasions, with additional shakos and redcoats if possible. Give them weaker skill with the rifle but better polearm skill so they are better on the charge. Offer throwing and native african weapons (from the zulu invasion faction) to have a sort of skirmisher to support the british.

i strongly support KPJformat's suggestions for cowboys, Anglo-zulu war and 7 year war (great idea to play a native ally:smile: )

About Barbaric warriors, there is already that tattooed berzerker guy (briton or pict i guess), when you play against barbarians; could use him.
My suggestion for 2H weapon: Dacian Falx!

quoting a fellow poster:
Its power was such that it could split Roman helmets and shields, leading Emperor Trajan to order extensive modifications to Roman equipment.

dacians_box_art.jpg
english_falx2.jpg
falx1.jpg
falxcut3.jpg

Thanks for the detailed suggestions, Eagle! There's a lot of room for improvement and I think the devs are always hungry for community feedback.

One thing I disagree with though: I don't think the Gondor faction is or should be known for their Swan Knights but rather for their infantry. There's already the Rohan faction for cavalry, as a member of the Stewardship of Gondor I'd hate to see the focus of the Gondor faction shift to cavalry instead of infantry.

First I'd like to say great work, I've been on playing Full Invasion since the first one and its amazing to see it where it is now. 

My opinion on the matter of factions:

I think combining existing factions (that make sense to combined) would be a great start, more variety per faction and invading factions helps keep down repetitiveness and gives players options to play what they like ie. Archer, Cavalry, etc.  instead of just being forced to be something they dont enjoy as much.

On a side note:
I know M&B Warband is a tough cookie to mod through, but maybe adding a preview image system to show what maps are being voted on would be great, along with maybe a group of units from each faction being voted on to give an idea of what factions people are voting on then just by memory(even the current system is ok, but names are deceiving).  I can see how this would be extremely difficult, but you guys know the mod best so I can understand compromising on this if its not feasible.

Also maybe a better way to organize map list, im not sure if this is up to the servers discretion.  Thanks!  Keep up the great work.

World War 2 faction really need overhaul and I quote it here:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,291766.msg6942415.html#msg6942415

Eagle114th said:
World War 2 Faction Overhaul

World War 2 classes are so messy, especially with weapon selection screen, so they should be organized with this overhaul:

The class list and equipment selection should look like this:

Allied Assault
- Helmet/Uniform/Boot from allied nations
- Submachine gun from allied nations
- rifles/assault rifles from allied nations
- pistols from allied nations

Axis Assault
- Helmet/Uniform/Boot from axis nations
- Submachine gun from axis nations
- rifles/assault rifles from axis nations
- pistols from axis nations

Allied Engineer
- Shotguns from allied nations
- (Future features:  Explosive eqiupment (???)

Axis Engineer
- Shotguns from axis nations
- (Future features:  Explosive eqiupment (???)

Allied Support
- Light/Heavy machine gun from allied nations - VERY EXPENSIVE (50,000 golds or higher so you will rarely see them on battlefield)

Axis Support
- Light/Heavy machine gun from axis nations - VERY EXPENSIVE (50,000 golds or higher so you will rarely see them on battlefield)

Allied Recon/Scout
- Sniper rifles from allied nations - VERY EXPENSIVE (50,000 golds or higher so you will rarely see them on battlefield)

Axis Recon/Scout
- Sniper rifles from axis nations - VERY EXPENSIVE (50,000 golds or higher so you will rarely see them on battlefield)

I agree completely with what was posted above. We need some US troops for the WWII faction, or maybe some French freedom fighters.

Hi Mates!

I have an idea for funny battle.

Soldiers vs Pirates:

Falg.png

vs.
002.jpg

Weapons as you see can be swords, rifles, pistols.
$%28KGrHqUOKp!E4jMOrEzcBOSHzqoVKQ~~0_35.JPG

mgPejB8UZ5aFPqKl4icTo4A.jpg

Uniforms are the same like line soldiers, captains with some pirate stuff!

Place: it can be in a harbor with a gate so everyone can do line battle, and both sides can be invaders! :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom