Usage of Qualis dust on companions

Users who are viewing this thread

In my most recent playthrough I've been spending more qualis gems on my companions than my main character, and I've found the results to be decent. In particular, getting access to high power draw and high trainer levels has been meaningful for companion development. I'm thinking of prioritizing my first few gems on companions from now on to get access to some extra Int early on, for mass zerker training early and better CKO training early, with the hopes of bringing elite CKO online by day 150 or 200.

Question for the board is, have you guys tried using Qualis dust? What are your experiences with it and what do you think the optimal strategies would be?

I spend 2-3 Qualis gems on companions. Mainly to get +1 Int onto Lethaldiran. The attributes and skills, with Sigismund/Frederick on Strength, Adonja/Diev for Power Draw, someone for Agility, can all be brought to above 30 and maxed out at 10. It's the weapon proficiency that needs help, which shifts the value of Qualis dust toward enabling Lethaldiran to train your CKO.

I think a lot of Qualis gems need to go to the player. Just because you can make such a huge difference single-handedly even with elite companions and troops vs. unique spawns/heretic armies/jatu armies.

Also, this strategy could be playthrough-dependent. For example, massing berserkers may not be worth it because Fierdsvain may not even exist in the midgame. Then you're essentially grinding visiting their former villages which will mostly have D'Shar recruits.

I've started using fierdsvain culture as an independent king. Used to go pendor by default, but I basically have no use for their troops now other than pendor blacks.

Lot of changes since 3.6. One of which is an elixir that will randomly improve str/agi/cha, int, or WPs for companions. If you're willing to spend 5-10 gems you can get very high trainer levels on Leth and the knights.

Back
Top Bottom