Unwanted features in Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

Name some of the features you would prefer not to have in Bannerlord.

For example in Multiplayer:
- (daily)Achievements which adds customization to characters, like face/armor paint.
- Unlockables, (not to be confused with buying gear from the kills) I do not want to have to kill 25 Sturgians to unlock a saber.
- Class limitations, if a team wants to go full cavalry, let them, we have spears and the high ground.

Basically, any form of grinding would destroy my MP pleasure.

Singleplayer:
- Dark cults or fantasy-ish events like a lunar eclipse that spawn strange creatures.
- 1 item is the best item in the game, Please make it possible to have multiple builds which are equally good so we are not stuck on 1 theme for the win (for example Swadian knights).
- Diseases, plagues and sudden lightning strikes that kill characters.

I don't want any stupid random events killing half my men (unless we're under siege for weeks and it's from disease) or killing me. Agreed on that.  That's not fun.

Was playing a Warband mod and half of my men deserted from a random event. None of that either.

Nothing fantasy! There are a bunch of sub-factions so I'm sure some might be culty though. Which is fine to me.

Class based multiplayer

Zero progression in multiplayer

Crush through weapons in multiplayer

Awlpike spam

The need to do everything myself in single player when I am a lord or king. I am pretty sure I can dispatch a team to clear a hideout at my level of prestige

Severe athletic movement penalty on heavy armor

-Bondage suits

-Fantasy armor

iu

-Naked bezerkers that can instagib armored horses with one swing of an axe. Or naked bezerkers in general

iu

-Stupid DLC like "blood and gore" and "more armor sets"

-Spinning death animations that make dead people do 720 spins

-Stupid amount of blood spilled when hit by a stick

-Having to progress to unlock items and classes in multiplayer

-Cutting out fan favorite features like ambushing and castle building because of incompetence.

-Any form of online integration with any platform (steam, facebook, discord, reddit, 4chan, whatever)

-Skills that give you unrealistic bonuses (Who the **** decided on a skill that makes polearms do 40% more damage to horses? A near mandatory perk you have to pick to counter cavalry. And 10% more leadership bonus or something when you use a 1 handed sword? Do troops lose morale when you equip a two handed sword or something? Perk system needs to be reworked into something other than a lazy Skyrim esqe percent boosts.

I just want them to fix the floaty plastic feeling of weapons and get better AI that actually do something

Pathan | al-Faris al-Bathani said:
- Troops deserting if there are too many people in your party. It would make sense if they would desert if there is no food or if you lose every battle and they fear for their lives, but not for being with many in an army, survival chances are greater if you are in a large army. If it's well provisioned at least...

- A cap on how many people you can have with you based on skills, the cap should be on how many you can feed and lead through proving yourself a capable leader.

Agree.  A "soft" hiring cap and morale penalties for too many troops makes a lot more sense than a hard cap.  If you're over 80% capacity, there might be a lower chance of recruits joining, or a reduced number of recruits, increasing to "highly unlikely" as you pass the 100% mark.  Not being able to take on one extra person if the opportunity arises feels too artificial.  As long as they're paid and fed, and morale is "reasonable", troops shouldn't desert in large numbers, maybe one or two per night at low morale, unless things get pretty bad.

I don't want to see severe penalties for heavy armor, but I do want to see SOME penalty to either speed or stamina.  A lightly armored trooper should be able to outrun a heavily armored one, but NOT backpedal nearly as fast as the armored trooper can run forward.

I also don't want to see roads that cause my party to change direction and head more than about 45 degrees off their chosen direction.  Having your party turn 120 degrees to follow a road that leads the wrong way, and ending up further from your destination than when they started, when they finally leave the road, is just annoying.

Lets see...

Cleave. Please remove this MMO fantasy skill.

Skyrim armor that looks retarded.

Messed up factions, ie; Celts don't look like Celts/Slavs don't look like Slavs.

Custom weapon crafting I can do without. I'd prefer if they'd had spent the time making ambushes viable. Also being able to see the exact number of people in a party on the campaign map.

Blead said:
Singleplayer:
- Diseases, plagues and sudden lightning strikes that kill characters.

Having them immune to disease would be very far up the fantasy scale.

The only real thing I've seen that I can't stand is the hitting multiple opponents. Throwback to my thread about it decades ago.

"Who would win?" meme-
Two fully armored, highly trained Empire troops and both their horses
OR
one swing from a naked axe-y boy

I can already see the damn meme being created on the subreddit. It's much worse than seeing your swadian knight die to a desert outlaw.

Historically inaccurate limitations (some are always necessary in video games). For example in real life heavy cavalry units could have lance, bow, mace, sword, shield and ofc arrows. That is 6 slots. On top of that, they could easily carry dagger and some other knife that is more intended as general purpose tool rather than fighting knife, but was carried into battle anyway if only because knives are incredibly easy and light to carry so why not.

There are also infantry units, both low quality light levies and elite units that could carry spear, shield, sword, bow and arrows into battle, and ofc they also might carry knives because why not.

In mount and blade you can at most have bow, arrow, lance and sword.

Later time periods we have cavalrymen that carried multiple pistols, i have heard up to 6 but i believe usually only 1 or 2, and on top of that their primary fighting weapons such as lance and sword (because in era of black powder, you wont be doing anything useful with pistols, they are more for self defense because cavalry is expensive and valuable). In mount and blade you can at most have 1 pistol, ammunition, sword and lance.

We at least should always be able to carry small knives regardless of rest of our equipment. They won't be doing much, but there will be that 1 time when you accidentally drop your weapon or something and you need something better than fists. Though no doubt this has mostly impact on role play only. Ability to have lance, bow, arrows, sword AND shield though, that actually has real gameplay effect.

I would say the best way to do that would be to have a dedicated quiver slot, seperate from the 4 main equipment slots, so you could have your weapons (bow, sword, shield, and lance) in your main slots, and whatever ammo you need in the quiver slot. As far as always having a knife, I understand the reasoning, but I think it would be more annoying to have to switch past your knife every time you wanted to switch weapons. If dropping weapons or grappling were things (which I hope they aren't as they just tend to be more annoying than they're worth in games) I could see having a knife at all times being useful, but otherwise it just seems to me like it'd get in the way.

The AI back pedal that instantly crumbles a tight formation into an annoying blob. I would hope that at release the AI will be able to form a decent line and fight in it.

Roccoflipside said:
I would say the best way to do that would be to have a dedicated quiver slot, seperate from the 4 main equipment slots, so you could have your weapons (bow, sword, shield, and lance) in your main slots, and whatever ammo you need in the quiver slot. As far as always having a knife, I understand the reasoning, but I think it would be more annoying to have to switch past your knife every time you wanted to switch weapons. If dropping weapons or grappling were things (which I hope they aren't as they just tend to be more annoying than they're worth in games) I could see having a knife at all times being useful, but otherwise it just seems to me like it'd get in the way.
Well this is PC game, there are plenty of buttons on keyboard, and many also have additional buttons on mouse... equipping knife could easily be it's own separate key. Even on console it should not be that difficult.

Also horses could have their own slot as well. Especially arrows could well be stored both on horses and men.

Mostly I just don't see why always having a knife would be useful. There's no chance to lose your weapon, and there aren't really any situations I can think of where I would say "man I really wish I had a knife right now", so therefore I see it as a hindrance.

Back
Top Bottom