Units don't level-up!

Users who are viewing this thread

MasterDan1742 said:
sure you can just goto party, click there tag on the party menu then click chat and tell me about urself, then do ctrl+X with cheats on.. level them up the way you want. the points and stats apply to ALL TROOPS and make them into the troops you want IE marksmen you put pts into firearms ect.... in the mastery option. I myself have polish cav mercs and they got like maxed out str and level 8 iron and power strike gg they never die either after i upgraded them with the super polish cav armor to... hope this helps you

You fail.

Tal said:
The point of mecenaries from m. camp is to be your customizable bodyguards at start until you got enough comapions and joined a faction.
Get into a faction recruit own troops from towns and they will level up.

Which Troops in Town? I joined a Faction and recruited troops by talking to a "commander" in a City. The troops show up after 3 days and they do NOT level up. Trust me I tried.

I got my Cossack Melee Infantry basically the best stuff, they are still labeled as recruit.....they should take recruit out of there as it is misleading.

I got my Cossack Melee Infantry basically the best stuff, they are still labeled as recruit.....they should take recruit out of there as it is misleading.

This is so confusing. So far, I do not have a very good first impression of the game.

Stop saying that its ruining the game..... the mercenaries are some of the best troops in the game, it doesent matter if they have recruit in their name. You can still upgrade their abilities and they comprise my entire army of loyal sturmtroops of Bratslav

Looking at the troops.txt file, the mercenaries from the various camps DO have different levels.
The file includes a (Recruit), (Experienced), (Veteran), and (Elite) for each of the types of mercenaries and their role (so for Tartar/European, etc as well as Infantry/Marksmen/Cavalry). With each stage, they increase in levels (5 levels per stage, starting from a lvl5 recruit, ending at lvl20) and skills.

BUT there is no upgrade path defined for any of these troops, so it is impossible for them to upgrade to one another via the Party Screen. Ceriy, is there some other way you upgrade your mercenaries between these levels...or was this something that they included but hasn't been implemented yet?

Caba`drin said:
Looking at the troops.txt file, the mercenaries from the various camps DO have different levels.
The file includes a (Recruit), (Experienced), (Veteran), and (Elite) for each of the types of mercenaries and their role (so for Tartar/European, etc as well as Infantry/Marksmen/Cavalry). With each stage, they increase in levels (5 levels per stage, starting from a lvl5 recruit, ending at lvl20) and skills.

BUT there is no upgrade path defined for any of these troops, so it is impossible for them to upgrade to one another via the Party Screen. Ceriy, is there some other way you upgrade your mercenaries between these levels...or was this something that they included but hasn't been implemented yet?
I upgrade those mercs in party screen:

Caba`drin said:

It looks like a newly added bug, since it works for Russian version. %)

Stop saying that its ruining the game..... the mercenaries are some of the best troops in the game

:roll:

That's completely and utterly irrelevant. I'm not complaining because I don't get good enough soldiers, I'm complaing because this makes me lose the feeling of starting with a party of low-level, low-quality troops, and leveling them up over the course of several skirmishes to become powerful elites. This the core of the Mount&Blade party management-experience, and if that is missing, a huge part of the appeal is missing.

Caba`drin said:
Has anyone successfully leveled any troop in the Party Window? If so, which troop? And from where did you download your game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0RA9ALOJFs

12:20 into it, his troops upgraded after beating some bandits. He was using the Demo though..
So it does look like bug.

Ceriy said:
Caba`drin said:

I upgrade those mercs in party screen:

My apologies, but these features are simply not in the english version, i have about 12 hours played, and have spoken to all of my mercs looking for a level up.

Yes, it definitely is a bug then. I was just getting curious as to whether folks that bought it through Steam or some other outlet perhaps got a different version that included the upgrade trees...seeing if we could pin down the bug, since it clearly exists in the file gotten from Taleworlds directly.

I am indeed using Steam and I got the bug where troops cannot level.

I guess at least some troops CAN level, so I'll probably join a faction soon.

original said:
I am indeed using Steam and I got the bug where troops cannot level.

I guess at least some troops CAN level, so I'll probably join a faction soon.
Err, actually no. The point I'm trying to make is that it appears the bug in this international release is that NO troops can level. Not a single troop has an upgrade defined for it. (At least from the download via the Taleworlds website...or the one hosted at File Planet, as the files are identical)

oh dear, no upgrading of troops!? add that to the creating your own faction bug, the lack of recruiting from villages and this is a pretty buggy release. if i hadnt of tried warband first i would regret buying the pack !

Back
Top Bottom