United_PW4_HCRP Server Thread*74/250 SUNDAY 4/01*

Users who are viewing this thread

Phoenix234 said:
Think about it like this, the event is FOR the nobles in this system, in rp terms its an event caused by them, they get the privilege of horses for balance and persistent rp reasons.

That's not cool mate :/
Events are made for the people, it's not fair to make an event based in the wish of some. Like the horse thing, why? The event is based in an story about an old war with nobles, that's fine and nice, but common folk should be able to apply to participate in the event as a noble or something, even if they aren't noble in your system, why they can't be nobles just for a one day event?

Dark_Hamlet said:
Phoenix234 said:
Think about it like this, the event is FOR the nobles in this system, in rp terms its an event caused by them, they get the privilege of horses for balance and persistent rp reasons.

That's not cool mate :/
Events are made for the people, it's not fair to make an event based in the wish of some. Like the horse thing, why? The event is based in an story about an old war with nobles, that's fine and nice, but common folk should be able to apply to participate in the event as a noble or something, even if they aren't nobled in your system, why they can't be nobles just for the one day event?

events are made by players for players.
if its a persistent system why would random players claim the roles of persistent characters of the system? 1/3 of the horsemen are already random players potentially with the rest nobles.

i can run the event on a seperate private passworded server and give the pass to persistent groups if you want, this is a persistent groups system not a public everyone is equal thing after all.

would that be fine with you? it just means pubs dont get to join in the event thats all.

If we spent all week roleplaying politics between the groups and its a war between the groups why would the leaders be anyone but those factions leaders?

I personally dont like the idea of a mounted unit of Nobles, it seems unrealistic.
To me it would make way more sense if there was 4-5 Nobles each side commanding their squads of ~20 each from Horseback with one mounted guard or the likes.

This way we could way better reflect actual influence in the armies that are present of the server.

And if phoenix wants a horse for Fenwick although he has no army, fine by me, makes him a spottable target and we can call him coward if he runs  :wink:
Domhnall mac Raghnaill said:
New Rule: No hiding or glitching carts!
Yeah they have to be properly parked in the courtyard of Praven castle :mrgreen:
Seriously the role does not technically forbid you to store  a container with treasure somewhere you consider it safe.
What is forbidden is to move the cart inside any prop so that someone looking for carts has a hard time.

You have a pretty good chance with faction chests also if your faction doesnt steal over night. I use to find good sums in my tax chest in the morning when I play longer then Laban and Gavin, repair my chest and lock the doors before i go to bed.

Besides that use boxes for storage, not carts, armor fits in them, so does gold, there is way more of them on the map then carts also and you can carry them up in your bedroom!

knuppel ¬_¬ you know that nobles were the people on horseback usually right? since horses are expensive.

its more realistic for a knight to get a horse then a random unaligned player. keep in mind the horse is optional to use for that player so he can lead his men on foot if he wishes but he has the option.

I have a larger standing army then most do ,my steam groups at around 34 players atm :S although I haven't done a clean out for a month or so.

On a persistant Noble way for people to roleplay i am still agienst it in any form. use of this system will just cuase further complications to the server and will not be good for new player. Plus favortisam will sky rocket.........just sayin.

how do you guys think nobles worked in real life? favouritism is realistic, you wouldn't want to give your enemy land would you?

there are limits to how many people the king can give titles to inside a faction... currently 1 per persistent faction so even if he favours 1 group he cant give them more nobles.

its simple to use and understand, since we have already been using it even if you didn't take part yourself, the event is the only thing which has a difference and thats optional to attend.

Tell me honestly how this system forces you to change your roleplaying or limits you in anyway? it just groups the persistent groups together by leaders and well get them doing more inter faction politics and rp meetings.

if you dont wish to come to these meetings you dont have to, but its unfair for you to not bother with any politics then expect to get to take the higher slots on the battle event

With all do respect phoenix, statements like these:
Phoenix234 said:
To me it felt like 2 random players using a bad rp reason to attack a player who outranked them

Basically contradict everything you said about everyone else can ignore the system and it does not effect them. In essence above you said since you are part of this noble system, you are higher than the players who are not. We are "random players" to you. As to that situation, apparently We had no right to ICly prosecute you for crimes since you are high ranking in your imagined up system. This is why I will never support it and the majority of the replies here say the same. You wish to roleplay a noble with all your friends, fine. But do not act like you are above everyone else. No player outranks any other on this server, this is not SRP.

Phoenix234 said:
how do you guys think nobles worked in real life? favouritism is realistic

We do not want favoritism in game. That is not our goal. It is only fun when you are the one favored and for the majority of the population with your system in place we would not be favored.

My thought exactly, do not introduce somthing that will cuase people to turn agiesnt eachother and fight, both OCC and IC, just beacuse they want the title of "High Noble." This is not high school, you want a popularity contest go back to it.

Boarlady said:
With all do respect phoenix, statements like these:
Phoenix234 said:
To me it felt like 2 random players using a bad rp reason to attack a player who outranked them

Basically contradict everything you said about everyone else can ignore the system and it does not effect them. In essence above you said since you are part of this noble system, you are higher than the players who are not. We are "random players" to you. As to that situation, apparently We had no right to ICly prosecute you for crimes since you are high ranking in your imagined up system. This is why I will never support it and the majority of the replies here say the same. You wish to roleplay a noble with all your friends, fine. But do not act like you are above everyone else. No player outranks any other on this server, this is not SRP.

Phoenix234 said:
how do you guys think nobles worked in real life? favouritism is realistic

We do not want favoritism in game. That is not our goal. It is only fun when you are the one favored and for the majority of the population with your system in place we would not be favored.

Boar it was a rp event i was running with the other nobles, when 2 apparent drunk soldiers i didnt know who threatened me inside a castle it felt like incorrect rp at the time and I imagine would of had them killed if my guards had been online. you understand that a lord outranks the men under him in his faction right?

if i roleplay a noble in my eyes im higher then a serf, and im free to roleplay that but nothing stops the serf getting a axe and attacking me, titles dont give a player any special powers, so stop making out like they do.

nobles ARE higher then soldiers who server UNDER them. thats a fact boar, but nothing stops those soldiers revolting and attacking the noble who although outranks them is outmanned.

you claim there isnt favouritism yet you dont seem to understand that it already exists, If a player roleplays with me personally and convinces me to trust him ill be more likely to help him then some random player i havent met... thats just logical roleplaying.

Boar I think you seem to either misunderstand the system or are adding things yourself because the difference between a noble now and a noble on my system is nothing more then the other nobles grouped together roleplaying with him.

Is this server a communist only server? :S I didnt realise we are forced to treat everyone the same no matter what.

avion365 said:
My thought exactly, do not introduce somthing that will cuase people to turn agiesnt eachother and fight, both OCC and IC, just beacuse they want the title of "High Noble." This is not high school, you want a popularity contest go back to it.

well really high noble isnt a obtainable title since they moderate the system but king and noble are free to get.

think about this as 1 large faction, the current high king is the leader of it with everyone else under him, the high nobles and nobles his generales and there soldiers the guards. in rp terms the king owns the land on the map we play on, he chooses his men based off who he trusts.

he can be attacked by other factions or even men inside his faction who want leadership.

its no different to what we have now, i basically just grouped the noble roleplayers together under 1 crown.

you dont want a system that causes people to roleplay war? your on the wrong game man ¬_¬ it wouldnt be about just a title, maybe if you roleplayed it but in this case its about actual reasons.

Gaham recently banned Svens religion causing sven to declare war on the king. how is that bad roleplaying?

So the OCC rant that cost most the people in the room 15 minutes of your time was what you caracter was thinking or what you were thinking? In fact i am suprised you were not reprted for poor roleplay for that, since if i was there and saw that i would of done it immediantly.

Also i never said anything agiesnt war, what i said was that will cause people to fight OOC for spots that are IC

avion365 said:
So the OCC rant that cost most the people in the room 15 minutes of your time was what you caracter was thinking or what you were thinking? In fact i am suprised you were not reprted for poor roleplay for that, since if i was there and saw that i would of done it immediantly.

Also i never said anything agiesnt war, what i said was that will cause people to fight OOC for spots that are IC

for crying out loud kids, the ooc rant was caused by a situation where I thought i was getting randomed by 2 players. myself and Deserath agreed today that it was a misunderstand based on each other not having IC knowledge of what had happened.

I apologised on both this thread and the server for the incident and compensated the faction involved.
15 minutes? more like 5

fact of the matter is you werent there and since the people who were understand why I did it and all agreed it was understandable your kinda been an ass..

and they fight IC for spots that are IC. all interaction is done ingame via rp meetings with persistent characters.

Now began approximately 10-15 minutes of OOC *****ing by 'Highlord' Fenwick
Phoenix, Your idea of Roleplay was to ***** in OOC.
We confronted you after Gaham had left, what transpired soon spiraled into you standing in the corner talking in OOC about how you are a Noble we can't do this, no evidence, etc.

need i more?

Also i have seen you complain OOC in the past so it is no suprise to me

After hearing what me and Asgrim went through before the accusation next to a intoxicated Semiramis he has admitted he was misunderstood about the situation.

Instead of getting into a long argument I shall ask this.  You understand the difference between players and characters, ooc and IC.

Reread the statement I quoted. Think of the difference

IC defensive statement: I was a noble and commoners attacked me, that bothers my character ICly, How dare those uncivilized low class peasantry assault me.-Fine

OOC statement: 2 random players attacked a player better than them, that bothers me oocly hence my long argument in ooc.-Not fine

Do you understand why I have a problem with that? The feeling of entitlement seems to have gone beyond IC. IC running around thinking you are better than all is perfectly fine. That is historic after all. I am not daft to the way things worked back then.

I never once claimed that no favortism exists. I am not a fool. To quote myself.
Boarlady said:
We do not want favoritism in game. That is not our goal.

As for the comment about this being a communist server, please do not insult that which we have put hard work into. You do not need to ICly treat everyone the same as you already know. Ooc actions need to be fair to all.

For instance, the planning ahead of time and giving all members of your system calvary isn't even remotely an IC action at all. Admins would have to spawn horses for you and chop down anyone who tried to mount them instead, or guard the training so only you guys could have it. Completely ooc. These events have 180+ players, of which only a small amount are part of your system. The attitude of "We caused this, we should get rewarded and if you disagree you don't have to come" is entirely selfish. Its a community event not a private one. Players from many servers attend. Now if, like you said you want to take your 20 or so players to a private server and you all can be on horses and feel special be my guest.

Again Avion you weren't there.
We agreed it to been a misunderstanding and everyone was apologised to and compensated. thE OOC argument was needed to understand that they hadn't broken any rules so a complaint wasn't needed.

Deserath said:
After hearing what me and Asgrim went through before the accusation next to a intoxicated Semiramis he has admitted he was misunderstood about the situation.

@boar
horsemen are a rp part of the battle, each side doesn't get fixed numbers of them they have to be convinced IC by leaders to join 1 sides cause. keep the balancing to public events not rp ones.
also when you run a event who decides who takes cav? an admin decided who could use cav and who couldn't, the difference is that with my set up the group who get cav are noble men who own horses and armour IC anyway instead of random public players.

its strange you argue that my way is less IC RP when its based off actual lore and characters

In all honest Im confused why an entirly optional system causes you all issues :razz: you know we have been using it for weeks now right? the only thing im actually asking for is a server to host the battle event on. which is also optional

Right since the only real issue you could have is the horse for battles part If I have to ill do the battle events on another server like TC or RCC.

Normal noble rp will be done on the HCRP server, it doesn't effect any of the players who don't want to get involved anyway, I just ask that if you dont want to get involved dont, if you want to get involved and will be respectful of the group you are welcome to attend meetings and roleplay with us :smile:

think of it like a smaller community inside a smaller server :razz: not everyone wants to roleplay as hardcore as we do which is fine so as long as we are respectful of each other i doubt we will have issues.

I ask that the HighLord/ Highking tags aren't used on HC other then our group to avoid confusion as if you wear the tag and get killed or arrested for it you cant really get mad since to us in rp terms your an imposter or impersonating a Lord if you admit the title your using.

Back
Top Bottom