United Kingdom & Ireland Regional 5v5 Cup

Users who are viewing this thread

Gibby Jr said:
For geographical reasons I will rename the Irish and Northern Irish team to just "Ireland", but it remains a team comprised of two countries.

Thank you Gibby.

Ireland is a region with 32 counties in it Fietta. You don't have to consider either countries if it is only about counties then.

EastEndElite said:
Gibby Jr said:
For geographical reasons I will rename the Irish and Northern Irish team to just "Ireland", but it remains a team comprised of two countries.

Thank you Gibby.

Republic of Ireland is a region with 32 counties in it Fietta. You don't have to consider either countries if it is only about counties then.

Republic of Ireland has its own regions, which I've mentioned previously, which consists of the counties, it's already been decided and there's no way you'll be able to convince me otherwise, because I already know the facts, you know you're mum

Fietta said:
EastEndElite said:
Gibby Jr said:

Thank you Gibby.

Republic of Ireland is a region with 32 counties in it Fietta. You don't have to consider either countries if it is only about counties then.

Republic of Ireland has its own regions, which I've mentioned previously, which consists of the counties, it's already been decided and there's no way you'll be able to convince me otherwise, because I already know the facts, you know you're mum

fietta you know it's 2019 brain cells are widely available to purchase on the Dark Web

Fietta said:
But u lost

Gibby Jr said:
I will rename the Irish and Northern Irish team to just "Ireland"

84ac8cb18b88f0c61700e70254cf6425.jpg

EastEndElite said:
Fietta said:
But u lost

Gibby Jr said:
I will rename the Irish and Northern Irish team to just "Ireland"

84ac8cb18b88f0c61700e70254cf6425.jpg

You forgot that he mentions that it's still two countries, which is an exception to the tournament and not because what you said had any relevance. I told you if it were just Ireland it would be a country alliance and nothing to do with regions. Silly billy...

Condemned Bas said:
Fietta how can u start drama every **** tournament like?
Just stfu for once lol, you annoying as ****

I think you should read the argument before you post profanity, people don't call me colm mean'e'y for nothing... If you'd like me to 'stfu', telling me to do that will not help you. In fact, that'll just feed me to do more. You should know that by now you silly grobe, a shame my outstanding knowledge gets to people's heads.

pzZ7odP.png

Drama is only caused by people attempting to test my intellectual ability, which proved to be a ridiculous way to cause drama, facts are facts and will not disappear on account of your likes.

Tardet said:
Yeah, that's about what I expected for a UK & Ireland Regional tournament.

Keep it coming lads  :cool:

++

Glad to see so many signups; if you are from London, or know players from London, please encourage them to sign up. If we don't get enough players from London we are going to have to merge that region half and half into the Midlands & South. Other than that, I know of teams being formed for every other region so we should have a good tournament on our hands  :party:

So Gibby seems to have fixed this issue but I find it hard to ignore Fietta.

You mentioned Ulster as being a distinctively Northern Irish region, but it's not.

Fietta said:
Well no, because it's a collection of regions within that country, that's why The Republic of Ireland is not called Munster, Leinster, Connaught; same goes for regions within different countries in the UK. Northern Ireland isn't part of the republic, making it its own country with its own regions. I.E Ulster. So you're more of an alliance between countries than regions, thus gives you the name of Ireland and Northern Ireland. If anything, should be called Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.

Ulster has 9 counties, 3 of which are, wait for it....not part of Northern Ireland. Of the remaining counties, some are predominantly nationalist, some unionist. I'd imagine the dirty orange bastards can go make an alliance with Scotland if they want as they're basically the same anyway. That handily enough leaves us with players that are happy to play for a team called just Ireland.

I understand this might be hard for an individual who easily transfers between Welsh and English, but some people care, even if it's just the internet. Knew something like this would come up with this tourney.

Kiano said:

You mentioned Ulster as being a distinctively Northern Irish region, but it's not.

Ulster has 9 counties, 3 of which are, wait for it....not part of Northern Ireland. Of the remaining counties, some are predominantly nationalist, some unionist. I'd imagine the dirty orange bastards can go make an alliance with Scotland if they want as they're basically the same anyway. That handily enough leaves us with players that are happy to play for a team called just Ireland.

I understand this might be hard for an individual who easily transfers between Welsh and English, but some people care, even if it's just the internet. Knew something like this would come up with this tourney

For now :smile:

Kiano said:

Fietta said:
Well no, because it's a collection of regions within that country, that's why The Republic of Ireland is not called Munster, Leinster, Connaught; same goes for regions within different countries in the UK. Northern Ireland isn't part of the republic, making it its own country with its own regions. I.E Ulster. So you're more of an alliance between countries than regions, thus gives you the name of Ireland and Northern Ireland. If anything, should be called Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.

I understand this might be hard for an individual who easily transfers between Welsh and English, but some people care, even if it's just the internet. Knew something like this would come up with this tourney.

So you've done some research of my small point about Ulster, decided to research hard enough to make it political for what reason? To strengthen your argument? The only reason 3 counties are within northern Ireland was because three of them became part of the 'Irish free state', whilst the rest obviously became part of the UK's self-governing territory, Northern Ireland. That doesn't discredit my point in terms of regions, as the entire Northern Ireland country is the region of Ulster, the rest over the border would obviously be part of RoI. I used the regions as an example of regions, not to try and strengthen my case against both countries joining to become Ireland. The whole point of my argument was bringing facts when it came to a combination of countries and regions, there's no country or regions, in this case it's both. My point is that the RI has it's own regions as much as the UK do (In reply to EastEndElites). It's not like Ulster came a region after the Irish independence for the reason of getting closer relations, to move away from unionism. Been around for donkeys years before that mate... Doi Minoi.

Back
Top Bottom