B Tutorial 3D Unique Armoury Flanged Mace Tutorial (24th Oct.08)

Users who are viewing this thread

you should sohw us how to add it with ModuleSystem too. because i want some NPC's to wear my hat but i dunno if i can fix that with the ItemEditor.

And by the way great tut! :grin: :grin: :grin:

ninjabojk said:
you should sohw us how to add it with ModuleSystem too. because i want some NPC's to wear my hat but i dunno if i can fix that with the ItemEditor.

And by the way great tut! :grin: :grin: :grin:

You have the troop editor too.

Sorry to bump but this really is excellent.

I can do basic Texturing but there's really only so much you can do without things like specular etc.

This should be in the Mod makers Q&A. It's the first proper advanced texturing tutorial I've come across.

Now I feel like I can finally move out of the status quo average texturer.

Thankyou, Talak.

Thank you!  If I hadn't been sick of mapping at the time I would have had a better uvmapping tutorial, but I'm glad it's helpful.

Ok, well, I'll post in here even though I already PM'd Talak, but I'm a impatient man.  :oops:

I've created the handle/shaft almost identically to Talak's, and now I'm at the "tip" creating part. But I've got a small problem.
This is how Talak extrudes. http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/sp/8a9fab93f22b0556876da3449405de07/MWSnap016.jpg
This is how I extrude. http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/3667/problemos.jpg

My extruding "version" is set to Local. I'm at Polygon modelling mode (Although have tried every other anyway). If anyone could tell me how to extrude the way he did, I'd be forever grateful! :razz:

Also: excellent tutorial! Thank you for this. Especially the texturing and UVW part!

cdvader said:
Ok, well, I'll post in here even though I already PM'd Talak, but I'm a impatient man.  :oops:

I've created the handle/shaft almost identically to Talak's, and now I'm at the "tip" creating part. But I've got a small problem.
This is how Talak extrudes. http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/sp/8a9fab93f22b0556876da3449405de07/MWSnap016.jpg
This is how I extrude. http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/3667/problemos.jpg

My extruding "version" is set to Local. I'm at Polygon modelling mode (Although have tried every other anyway). If anyone could tell me how to extrude the way he did, I'd be forever grateful! :razz:

Also: excellent tutorial! Thank you for this. Especially the texturing and UVW part!

The first image doesn't show but I think I know what you're talking about.

I'm, not 100% for the program you're using but, in wings, you're looking for "extrude" as opposed to "extrude region".

In Wings 3D, it's obviously very easy to do it... Sorry for not mentioning, I'm using 3ds Max.

I haven't got 3dsmax installed at the moment, as I recently installed Windows 7, so I can't check for sure.  Try the extrude button in the sidebar, and in the pop-up window, choose 'by polygon' (not 'group' or 'local').  Then choose the extrusion length and press ok.  That's how it works in my version, not sure if yours has changed or not.

Well, I've got 3ds Max 2009 installed... And I do extrude by polygon (Even tried extruding by edge :razz:), but below that Extrude button you can also choose Local or Group. Choosing Group messes it up, and Local extrudes the way I have it on the pic.

I'll play around with it some more... What version are you using, by the way?

I use 3dsmax 9.  And what I mean is that you need to select the polygons, and then press the extrude button, and then choose 'by polygon' from the extrude menu.  Not group or local, there should be a third option for by polygon.

Check the extrude menu at 1:40 of this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U94f1bzVnZo&fmt=18
See how there's 3 options with radio buttons?  Group, By Local Normal, and By Polygon.  You want the third one.  Now if 3dsmax 2009 does it differently, I can't really help you, sorry.

Yeah, I thought the Polygon wasn't about Extruding,  :oops:. I've got it sorted out now... Thanks!

Well,I use Blender for my 3d designs,and I can say it is much easier to use than any 3d program I came across,as I tend to get great results in short time.

Now my problem is about texturing,I'm pretty much a beginner to photoshop and still learning.
I hope I'll manage to get it sorted soon enough.

Thank you for the great work with the tutorials,my friend.
Especially the texture part is going to prove to be very helpful to me.

~Ãbyss

hump.... if this thread is still live, i am hanging problems.

lets post it

i make all the things, then, i start the game, and , when is reviewing the ini (first thing) it says.
                                                                              |
----------------------------------------------------------------
___________________________CONTINUE___|

(picture wans't necessary as i draw lines as a god.

i'ts VERY important for my mod this stupid tricorn... so... halp me!

Back
Top Bottom