Unicode Character

Users who are viewing this thread

MB2Lord

Recruit
How to make the game read this Unicode
PeJogYe.png

Don't think the game supports full unicode (?)

Anyways, the screenshot you shared shows encoding="utf-8" in the first line, that definitely doesn't support all unicode characters so changing it would be my first attempt

Last edited:
Don't think the game supports full unicode (?)

Anyways, the screenshot you shared shows encoding="utf-8" in the first line, that definitely doesn't support unicode characters so changing it would be my first attempt
I changed encoding="utf-16" and it didn't work either

Does anyone have a solution
Find where the game reads the files and change the encoding there or change the encoding of this file to Unicode and hope the code can open it with no issue.

The first one would work but is more work then it is worth and is not a good solution as you would have to use reflection, the second one may work but if the code expects a certain encoding then it is going to cause an error or show you an unreadable string, especially since there are replace tokens like {ENEMY_SETTLEMENT}.

Edit: You could also write your own tool to prepend strings with the RLM representation in UTF-8 and update the files.

Last edited:
Maybe the character lacks a visual representation.
Try testing it with something usable like '\u0041' which is capital letter a. If it shows correctly, then the issue is related to the character you're trying to use.

Back
Top Bottom