Unethical but not dishonorable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Sammyboy

Veteran
Here is a place to muse about your most evil deeds that did not cost you honor (gamewise)

Here is mine. I was King in Reyvadin and was at war with what seemed the world. I was originally a Kherjit at war with the Sarranids when I broke off not realizing that the war would follow me and then the Vaegirs decided it was time to reclaim their old lands which I had conqured as a Kherjit. I had taken the time to recruit proffesional soldiers and had huscarls and Rhodok crossbows to my call but the protecting of the villages for absolutely no benefit was beginning to slowly drain at my power house army. I simply wished there was a way to get the farmers out of the way so I could bring my full force to bear and not some stupid half real force.

I found the solution while randomly hitting a group of bandits who had a peasant woman and a farmer as prisoner. I reclassified them as group 6, peasants. The next time a village was being raided I ordered all my men to a halt and told the peasants to charge while I set up my army. This worked superbly as it soaked up all those pesky kherjit arrows, allowed my men to rain bolts and javelins and all sorts of point objects into the back of the enemy, and by the time they had cut through the human meat shield my second wave was just about upon them.

All it cost was the weight on my conscience that within about a month nearly 2000 villages died in the twons outside Reyvadin.

But hey, you gotta do what you gotta do to keep those towns not sacked. The commoners depend on it.

Every time I swipe a horse or run it through with my awlpike...

A%20Sad%20Face%20300%20dpi%20PICT4599.jpg

I regularly order my troops to sit back and chill in engagements between large groups (like when you follow the marshall around engaging hopeless enemy bands). You usually get congratulated and the bonus points and you will not usually lose any of your men.

Probably the most dastardly thing I've ever done that wasn't 'dishonorable' was how I forged my kingdom.

As a Swadian Count, I helped Isolla to rebel against Harlaus. Except I kept every single fief for myself.  :twisted:

After we won the civil war, I rebelled against Isolla, holding every bit of land in the kingdom. Swadia was destroyed and I had a crap load of land to give out to a bunch of hungry lords.  :grin:

Ilevus said:
Probably the most dastardly thing I've ever done that wasn't 'dishonorable' was how I forged my kingdom.

As a Swadian Count, I helped Isolla to rebel against Harlaus. Except I kept every single fief for myself.  :twisted:

After we won the civil war, I rebelled against Isolla, holding every bit of land in the kingdom. Swadia was destroyed and I had a crap load of land to give out to a bunch of hungry lords.  :grin:

That is brilliant

Sometimes my elite cliquey army of Nord Huscarls and Vaegir marksmen take some losses, as a result I'm on 120/150 or so on party cap.

The next time I take a castle I liberate the prisoners to fill up the numbers, but I don't really want these scummy guys in my army, usually they are khergits and ****. Hence the cannon fodder group. All the "new guys" get dumped into it. At the start of the next big battle-

Infantry, stand ground!
Archers, stand ground!
Cannon fodder, charge!

Lots of dead Khergits, fun to watch. Decent troops kill off the worn down enemy.

My character is basically a racist.

Ilevus said:

This wouldn't have worked under the old Mount&Blade rules, but here it's a brilliant, if dastardly, tactic.

Laksmi said:
Ilevus said:

This wouldn't have worked under the old Mount&Blade rules, but here it's a brilliant, if dastardly, tactic.
If you have enough elite troops, you can capture any fortress. I ended up defeating, over the course of about a week in-game, over 2000 Vaegir troops and a dozen of their warparties before finally taking Telog Castle. The key was drawing the Vaegirs out of the castle and then bashing them open with 115 Swadian Knights. So long as the terrain wasn't steep mountains, heavy cavalry tend to win. They didn't have many routed enemies either; I lost about 5 men each battle and had an additional 20 or so KO'd, but that's when fighting armies 2-4x my size. Poor AI but full damage.

I had to register just to answer this one!  :grin:

I took a castle and asked my king for it to be handed to me as reward. I owned the town next to it, and prefer to have nearby castles. He gave it to someone else ofcourse.

A few in-game-days later, the enemy comes back to take it back. They show up with 1200 soldiers, and my nabour only had some 100 men to defend the castle. I took some of my men and went over there to help him out. The enemy let me pass and I enterd the castle and started resting to wait for the upcoming battle.

It came. They had 1200 men against out 240. We beat the first wave, and thanks to my 10+4 surgery we had few losses. I started resting in the castle again to recover my wounded men, and suddenly the lord demanded some 30-40 dinar as rent! He CHARGED me for staying in his castle. I laughed at first, but then I became angry. That cheap little... &##%!

What did I do? I left. They took the castle and moved away. I recounquered it and asked it to be rewarded to me again. The story would have been perfect if I did get the castle, but it was rewarded to the same lord again.  :evil:

See two rival factions fighting and have a tweak to enable attacking no matter what?
1) Help the stronger faction. During the battle, kill the leaders and the elite units of the stronger faction.
2) Turn on the weakened stronger faction.

Strangely, no honor loss. /whistle

In a battle, me and my army went to help my King in a massive battle. The king and his men got onto a hill and just watched as my men were slaughtered. I saw this and stopped helping my men and charged my king. I headshotted every guy in his army. Those who tried to run away got an arrow in their back. Serves Harlaus right.

I took Knudarr Caslte by myself, and slew half the Nord army single handedly when they came to retake it right after i'd won. Then I went to go get more recruits... By the time I got back and deposited the 30 fresh troops in the city, Boyar Naldera calls me over to help him out... He's sieging Sargoth O_O... So I ride over there, and I'm almost to the siege, and it ends/we win...

All my vaegir buddies go off to feast with the king, and I'm left again to mop up the retaking attempt aka the other half of the Nord army...

Since the city wasn't given to anyone yet, and I was feeling a bit seditious, I 'managed the garrison', and took out the 80 highest-tier troops and went and put them in my new castle :razz:.

Hopefully Sargoth falls to the Nords again so i can go and take it myself to get my first city :razz:.

Well, my character was a real ladysmen, you know the kind of guy where ladys tend to sigh while uttering his name...

Was a Vaegir mecenary when a siege Vaegir vs. Swadia of a castle took place.
Vaegir took the castle I entered the throne hall and I "saved all those damsels in distess" I send all those nice  Swadian Ladys back home.
They actually really thought I was the Lord of the Castle...
I was just some bottom feeding Mecenary...
... I didn't even get my share of the loot will butchering down swadian scum...
Wonder what the castle guard did to those poor ladies when they tried to leave...
I doubt those guys would even think of accepting my authority...
:lol:

As first a mercenary for whichever faction offered it and later as my own nation of mercenaries I cruise around the map only assisting 'allied' lords when we outnumber the enemy considerably.  If the enemy lord falls into my hands I set him free.  I am but a mercenary for hire, no need to get heavily involved in wars.

Also being relatively neutral, I travel the lands and free any captive lords I find - the Khanate especially tend to take a lot of prisoners which helps in their global warfare.  So I re-even the odds. The more free lords there are, the more skirmishes and paid work for a merc.  Because I never directly attack a lord on my own I never lose any relationship with them.

Also if the side I join outnumbers the enemy even without my troops, I just stand back and watch.  Sometimes I'll dispatch my cavarly into the melee once it has begun - but why risk my mercs for a cause I don't care about?

Falcon Critical said:
As first a mercenary for whichever faction offered it and later as my own nation of mercenaries I cruise around the map only assisting 'allied' lords when we outnumber the enemy considerably.  If the enemy lord falls into my hands I set him free.  I am but a mercenary for hire, no need to get heavily involved in wars.

Also being relatively neutral, I travel the lands and free any captive lords I find - the Khanate especially tend to take a lot of prisoners which helps in their global warfare.  So I re-even the odds. The more free lords there are, the more skirmishes and paid work for a merc.  Because I never directly attack a lord on my own I never lose any relationship with them.

Also if the side I join outnumbers the enemy even without my troops, I just stand back and watch.  Sometimes I'll dispatch my cavarly into the melee once it has begun - but why risk my mercs for a cause I don't care about?

You're awesome.

I recently started putting throw away units in a category called 'rabble'. This includes the entire tree of 'merc' units up to say, Caravan Guards and Merc Crossbowmen and recruits and low level units of undesirable ethnicities.

But I also have a secondary category called 'Berserkers' which I put units that are not part of my standard army, disposable, but between mid tier and top tier troops.

So my standard formation in the attack goes as follows:

--------------------------Rabble--------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------Berserkers--------------------
----------Archers--------Infantry----------Cavalry----

1st: Send rabble in
2nd: wait ten-fifteen seconds to give them a head start towards the enemy line while archers soften it up
3rd: send berserkers
4th: As soon as rabble make contact with enemy send infantry
5th: As soon as infantry make contact send cavalry

What normally happens is that my rabble shake up the enemy formation and immediately start to get chewed up, then the berserkers find their way into the gaps and start killing enemies while taking a few losses while my archers weaken the enemy lines. Infantry catches up with the first two to find the enemy disorganized and slightly bruised and delivers the killing blow while cavalry charge through the gaps to skewer lone enemies or chase routing foes.

I love my 'Rabble', but they sure as hell don't love me.

Whenever I find a friendly lord get outnumber, I wait next to him until there's only a few troops of his left. Usually when someone is out numbered, he lose more then the opponent. This decisive cycle makes the losing side eventually end up with incredible odds. Only then I charge in, turn the table and gain massive standing.

Rephikul said:
Whenever I find a friendly lord get outnumber, I wait next to him until there's only a few troops of his left. Usually when someone is out numbered, he lose more then the opponent. This decisive cycle makes the losing side eventually end up with incredible odds. Only then I charge in, turn the table and gain massive standing.

This.

Also, in tournaments when I'm stuck with throwing weapons (I am crap with throwing weapons), I target an archer then steal their bow & arrows.

Or picking up extra shields.

Because the commands work in tournaments it is possible to order your team mates hold the position until the other groups are done slaughtering each other.  It feels bad so I guess it classifies. 

It could be possible to order your team mates to dismount their horses in case your are stuck without and really need one.  This may cause your team mates to get slaughtered fast.  But you get your horse! 

Back
Top Bottom