Unacceptable multiplayer server performance

Users who are viewing this thread

JimmyCakes

Regular
It's not acceptable that close to 3 years after the initial release servers crash so often, this cannot continue into the "full" release

I had hope that with the full release, the new player experience would be good and we'd have a large increase in players. If we have these issues at launch, theres no way people are gonna stick around. Taleworld keeps shooting the multiplayer scene in the foot and wonders why people dont play it.

I had hope that with the full release, the new player experience would be good and we'd have a large increase in players. If we have these issues at launch, theres no way people are gonna stick around. Taleworld keeps shooting the multiplayer scene in the foot and wonders why people dont play it.
It would be absolutely bonkers if they let this crashing persist in the release version. Which they will most likely. I doubt Multiplayer will ever have respectable numbers if they waste all the new players coming in. What a sad situation.

Server crashes will have almost no effect on steam reviews. Just because people mostly come to the game to play single player. So for tw it's not critical. Unfortunately.

I am starting to believe there is something really really wrong inside TW, as a company. Or that they simply are not aware of the MASSIVE server problems they have. Or, they are simply ignoring us. Or, the game is WAY to much for them. The feedback we are getting is vague at best "Teams are working on it". What I hear is : "We have no clue why it happens or how to fix it, no one is working on it actually, or it would have been fixed months ago"

I am starting to believe there is something really really wrong inside TW, as a company. Or that they simply are not aware of the MASSIVE server problems they have. Or, they are simply ignoring us. Or, the game is WAY to much for them. The feedback we are getting is vague at best "Teams are working on it". What I hear is : "We have no clue why it happens or how to fix it, no one is working on it actually, or it would have been fixed months ago"
It totally is them ignoring the issue. If they never acknowledge it openly it's much easier to play pretend with prospective buyers. I brought this up a total of 9 times in the official patch notes thread. Utterly ignored by devs who were happy to comment on a few other things people asked.

Only response I got eventually from Duh was "I am not too involved with multiplayer but stability in general will always be a core target." So basically: no.

I don't pretend to know anything about programming, but I think it must be an issue that's simply unfixable, considering the silence and inaction from them for LITERAL YEARS. Nonsensical.

Last edited:
It totally is them ignoring the issue. If they never acknowledge it openly it's much easier to play pretend with prospective buyers. I brought this up a total of 9 times in the official patch notes thread. Utterly ignored by Dejan who was happy to comment on a few other things people asked.

Only response I got eventually from Duh was "I am not too involved with multiplayer but stability in general will always be a core target." So basically: no.

I don't pretend to know anything about programming, but I think it must be an issue that's simply unfixable, considering the silence and inaction from them for LITERAL YEARS. Nonsensical.
To be fair, I have seen and heard about the cooperation between TW-development and some of skirmish clans, to work on balance issues and such.

But, this time around it feels different. Because the server issues have real consequences for the community. Right now everything is on hold. No clan wars or any competitive events. And with no feedback from TW on the issue, no one can plan anything, it can take many months before the issue is fixed.

I play 1½ game of TDM and then "the circus" begins on clockwork. The MP aspect of the game is borderline unplayable. But, the feeling of the makers just letting it wither away, is the worst part.

To be fair, I have seen and heard about the cooperation between TW-development and some of skirmish clans, to work on balance issues and such.
The last closed balance test was in June. Last year. After that, there was a test for the battle mode in January. Beyond that, there has been occasional interaction with TW answering a handful of questions/complaints, but nothing to be excited about - same activity and information levels as on forums, basically.

I have no idea what they have been doing these last few months if I'm honest, and that's pretty sad.

I have a friend that went to gamescom and asked about this and the answer he was given was "Servers have been vastly improved so if you see new issue you can report it on forum".

LOL

I have a friend that went to gamescom and asked about this and the answer he was given was "Servers have been vastly improved so if you see new issue you can report it on forum".

LOL
The issues go away if you just pretend they don't exist, this is exactly the attitude they have to their fanbase, for months now they have said NOTHING cause they think the best way to deal with this is to stay quiet, appalling way to treat your (SMALL) fanbase

Forget it with all the sweats we have here. I have folks who refunded the game after release for that exact reason. Ain't nobody got time to be a cannon fodder for nolifers.

Forget it with all the sweats we have here. I have folks who refunded the game after release for that exact reason. Ain't nobody got time to be a cannon fodder for nolifers.
I believe the game crashing all the time and servers going offline for weeks is what killed the population rather than the "sweats". Sad!

Back
Top Bottom