TWim - TWf-exclusive image uploading site

Users who are viewing this thread

Okay I just finished downloading all the thumbnails of all the 164k images, now they're saying I'm still using all the 10 connections to the server so I'm not sure what I can do from hereon.
Response: 530 Sorry, the maximum number of connections (10) for your host are already connected.
Will keep trying to poke at it until it'll work again. Not fond of the progress of everything going on.

Got a response from DreamHost. Apparently it actually is of the "Lol **** you" kind of a response. So I will need to go with the new hosting route. Image outage of a day or two is to be expected.

Okay so the good news is that I have a new host arranged, files are uploaded (at least 99.9% of 'em, gotta look at a few that may've failed) and things are partially set up.
Just need to do the irritating part, aka setting up the databases and stuff.

Downside is that when this is all done and set up, the files might load faster (new host is far less shared and probably behind a bigger pipe) :razz:

Okay so the good news is that I have a new host arranged, files are uploaded (at least 99.9% of 'em, gotta look at a few that may've failed) and things are partially set up.
Just need to do the irritating part, aka setting up the databases and stuff.

Downside is that when this is all done and set up, the files might load faster (new host is far less shared and probably behind a bigger pipe) :razz:
Good news :smile:

Progress report: Files are uploaded to new host, they can actually be downloaded now and stuff. But uploading them still comes up with errors. Gonna look into that tomorrow and hopefully it'll be all hunky AND doory after that.

When the DNS transfer is done (once everything has been confirmed to work), it may take some hours to rig up https, so files linked with that might fail for a short while, but with any hope things will transfer smoothly.

Everything seems to be in working order as far as TWim is considered (with brief testing), starting the transfer over now. Expect some outages and stuff in the next while

DNS updates done (hopefully correctly), things should start to work again while things propagate.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the time and effort you're putting into this. I'm sure just about everyone who's ever used TWim over the years has been grateful for it, even if they don't remember to say it.

Managed to get a `Error Request Entity Too Large` out of it, but not that one.
Does it happen with ALL files or just those formats or if they're too large or anything? Or just those two files?
I'll see if I have time to look into it tomorrow. If not, Monday should be better.

Okay, I gave 'er a spin on a Chrome-based browser, getting a constant Error Internal Server Error. Either a limit setting on php I've not set or Google has decided to failed to support yet anotyher set web standard once again. Working on it.
Just to check, anyone else getting similar problems?

Or more importantly: Anyone has it working? If so, OS/browser/version/etc?
After some looking into it, it might be more clientside than serverside issue. Serverside is basically all my code, clientside is something I yoinked from github. Seems like the latter has been last updated in 2021. Might need to change it to a completely different one. Which'll be... uh... fun. And not fast, probably. The images hosted currently there still work, right?
Okay, it looks like it's a cookie/database thing. Bit late to fix it now, probably hopefully tomorrow.
**** sleeping. Found one problem which should hopefully fix it, but there's still a problem with larger files, still looking into that
Past seven in the morning, it works for everyone I've managed to help test it, but only works for me for files smaller than 1MB. I have no idea what the hell is going on anymore. Hopefully it works for everyone but me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom