TW are you really banning people based on the reports?

Users who are viewing this thread

You've got to remember that's it's pretty difficult to actually prove they're glitching, and if they are, is it bannable? On release, sure, because competitive means more and is refined where these glitches would be minimal but during EA? I wouldn't say so. I do believe they have a team handling the reports, but it's harder than just reading a report then taking action, you have to investigate by going through numerous logs and all sorts, it's happening, you've just got to be patient.
I've made detailed videos explaining most of these out-of-bounds access points on the various captain mode maps, no QOL changes have been made in over a month+ since i've forwarded this information to the devs. They know full well about all these glitching spots and just haven't fixed them yet.

Whoever argued that glitching is just "trying to stay alive" and that you should always let a timer run out because thats what its for. Don't ever play captain mode, you're not welcome here because we don't like people with that kind of attitude or that kind of playstyle, and that's a quick ticket to never being allowed to enter the competitive scene in the first place.

Personally, I'm completely against the multiplayer. I got tired of being called noob because I wasn't as good as I was supposed to be, whatever the average in the rubric is, I apparently fell short of it. So I don't play it anymore. However, I don't much care about it anyway. I want them to fix the single-player stuff first and do the multi-player crap later. Since to me, it is in essence, ****. The fact that it is filled with enough unfriendly assholes to harass me enough to no longer be interested in just three short days, 15-20 matches or so altogether, tells me it should be relegated to the wayside until single player is fixed properly since you assholes aren't grateful anyway.

It's just lucky for me I find the multi-player to be a side-show to the campaign, which is what the game should be mostly about anyway. Otherwise I would be quitting the game altogether. People just ****ing suck in general but goddamned, BL 2's multiplayer population are right ****s on average at best.

So for you crashing the server over and over isn’t making the game unplayable ? Just think about it dude. Like for 5 seconds. Since beta clowns have been using the horse glitch to crash the servers ON PURPOSE and nothing has been done.

I never mentioned crashing the server since I meant getting out of bounds glitching. I took glitching and purposeful crashing as a separate thing.

Obviously those crashing it should be instantly perma'd without question.

Personally, I'm completely against the multiplayer. I got tired of being called noob because I wasn't as good as I was supposed to be, whatever the average in the rubric is, I apparently fell short of it. So I don't play it anymore. However, I don't much care about it anyway. I want them to fix the single-player stuff first and do the multi-player crap later. Since to me, it is in essence, ****. The fact that it is filled with enough unfriendly assholes to harass me enough to no longer be interested in just three short days, 15-20 matches or so altogether, tells me it should be relegated to the wayside until single player is fixed properly since you assholes aren't grateful anyway.

It's just lucky for me I find the multi-player to be a side-show to the campaign, which is what the game should be mostly about anyway. Otherwise I would be quitting the game altogether. People just ****ing suck in general but goddamned, BL 2's multiplayer population are right ****s on average at best.

Why are you on the multiplayer board

I never mentioned crashing the server since I meant getting out of bounds glitching. I took glitching and purposeful crashing as a separate thing.

They are crashing the server by using a glitch with their horse, aka glitching.

Why are you on the multiplayer board
I find nothing wrong with antagonizing people who antagonized me if I have a few minutes to spare. Mostly that. Also, this thread is the first time I've ever posted in multiplayer thread. The title of the post caught my attention because of my own experiences.

God forbid you have to play till the end of the round timer? So what? That's what the timer is for. If you think the timer is too long then petition to have the matches shortened.
The timers entire purpose in life is to end the round if it lasts "too long".
And how is trying to not die glitching? You mean like getting into unreachable areas? Because they don't sound that unreachable if this is the case.

You're asking people to wait 7-8 minutes every single round, for at least 20+ minutes in a given match, just staring at a wall and think that's acceptable? One player soft-locking the lobby for 70-80% of gameplay is not a reasonable outcome.

I've spent many matches spending more time alt-tabbed and watching YouTube than actually playing due to griefers. Bans need to happen. If TW can't do it, then they need to let the community have more power. These players destroy player activity on an already limping gamestate.

And when you've got custom servers people can do as they like, and it's very reasonable to discourage extending the round there - but it's my opinion that the official servers, at the very least BEING official servers, should not penalize people for using the entire round timer, being that it's the company that sets the round timer as the default, and that people have no where else to go until customs are out.

Edit: And i'm not asking people to wait 7-8 minutes every round, i'm merely saying that i don't think it's right to BAN someones access to a thing they paid for because they enjoy trying to survive as long as possible in that game, when, if 7-8 minutes is too long, make it shorter. That is what the round timer is for, no? It's the decided minimum bar of what the server thinks is the longest reasonable hypothetical amount of time for each round to be.
If every round should at most be 7-8 minutes long, then that is why the round timer is7-8 minutes. If that is unreasonable then it should be made to be shorter. Whatever is decided to be the longest amount of time people should be willing to wait to finish their game, EVERY game - that is what the round timer should be, because then they cannot possibly ever wait an unreasonable amount of time.

Last edited:
Glitching is cheating, and if you do it you deserve to be banned, is simple as that, if you're wasting people time on purpose you're not winning the game, you're ruining the fun for everyone

And when you've got custom servers people can do as they like, and it's very reasonable to discourage extending the round there - but it's my opinion that the official servers, at the very least BEING official servers, should not penalize people for using the entire round timer, being that it's the company that sets the round timer as the default, and that people have no where else to go until customs are out.

That makes no sense. There are countless ways to grief without using the round timer, it's just that glitching OOB happens to be the most time consuming and is frequently brought up.

The round timer is used to create a timeframe for legitimate gameplay, not deal with people who grief using OOB glitches. It's nonsensical to randomly pick a game element and pretend like that's supposed to be preventing griefing. Using the same logic there should be no team damage because TKers can use that to kill teamamtes.

Edit: And i'm not asking people to wait 7-8 minutes every round, i'm merely saying that i don't think it's right to BAN someones access to a thing they paid for because they enjoy trying to survive as long as possible in that game, when, if 7-8 minutes is too long, make it shorter. That is what the round timer is for, no? It's the decided minimum bar of what the server thinks is the longest reasonable hypothetical amount of time for each round to be.
If every round should at most be 7-8 minutes long, then that is why the round timer is7-8 minutes. If that is unreasonable then it should be made to be shorter. Whatever is decided to be the longest amount of time people should be willing to wait to finish their game, EVERY game - that is what the round timer should be, because then they cannot possibly ever wait an unreasonable amount of time.
They are not even trying to play the game though? Going out of bounds and glitching INSIDE a rock is not proper gameplay, and is not a matter of "surviving" anymore. It's just pure ****ing spite.

And no, I don't think people should have the right to something they have purchased if they misuse it to make other people miserable. What a stupid way of thinking. It's like saying that people have the right to blast their music at full volume in an apartment buolding just because they bought a stereo. They don't. They can play SP to their hearts content.

Standing on a castle that's out of bounds or on top of a mountain and doing nothing for 10 minutes isn't playing the game, they should not be entitled to ruin the gaming experience of 11 other individuals because they have a selfish desire to make others miserable for whatever reason. These players should be banned immediately and temporarily, if they come back after the temporary ban and continue the behavior they need to be banned permanently as they clearly didn't learn their lesson and no amount of corrective punishment will change their minds.

These players detract from the game so much so that new players who enter a game with them do not ever want to come back online again and this is a huge problem with our already dwindling online playerbase. To defend and protect these griefers will only discourage new players from returning and prevent them from enjoying their gaming experience the legitimate way. If have 1 unit left, and the enemy team has 45 units left and I decide to go sit on top of the mountain and watch morale slowly drain, this is exploiting a glitch in the map so I can grief and ruin the experience of other players.

Get rid of the few bad eggs and you will prevent them from spoiling the batch.

Last edited:
Standing on a castle that's out of bounds or on top of a mountain and doing nothing for 10 minutes isn't playing the game, they should not be entitled to ruin the gaming experience of 11 other individuals because they have a selfish desire to make others miserable for whatever reason. These players should be banned immediately and temporarily, if they come back after the temporary ban and continue the behavior they need to be banned permanently as they clearly didn't learn their lesson and no amount of corrective punishment will change their minds.
I don't mean to defend that type of behaviour but permanent bans might still be a little harsh. I'd be in favour of stacking time (e.g. 24 hours (1st offense), 3 days (2nd offense within, lets say, a month of the previous), one week (3rd), one month, 6 months, a year...)

I don't mean to defend that type of behaviour but permanent bans might still be a little harsh. I'd be in favour of stacking time (e.g. 24 hours (1st offense), 3 days (2nd offense within, lets say, a month of the previous), one week (3rd), one month, 6 months, a year...)
Let's be real though, 24 hour ban isn't even a slap on the wrist, it's just "okay ill log back in tommorrow and continue griefing". Minimum ban should be 1 week. That's enough time for people to reflect and think, "hmm maybe I don't want to be banned for another week, or potentially a month"

I gaurentee you if i intentionally teamkilled or glitched to piss people off and I recieved a 1 week ban, i would NEVER attempt to do that again as the risk wouldn't be worth the small satisfactory reward off pissing people off. But if the ban was only 24 hours, hell i'm just preparing for an even more toxic event tomorrow.

There's a saying you can't teach an old dog new tricks, if these people who are this way aren't likely to change their behavior after a few slaps to the wrist, they're just going to continue doing it over and over and over again as long as we (the devs) keep allowing it. It's better to get rid of these people entirely so that they stop contaminating the water.

Last edited:
If being stuck waiting for 7-8 minutes is such a pain, i'm just surprised you think a 24 hour ban is super easy to move past and won't have an effect on people. I don't recall us having these issues in warband with 15 minute vote bans and kicks, or game breaking map glitches no?

Especially because it's early access, and we are yet to have battle and other modes implemented, yet alone community servers - i dislike the idea of a precedent being set that delaying the round or exploiting game mechanics or map design be a bannable offense.
What about when battle comes out? Where waiting six minutes because you died at the start is the norm. Where trying to hold out as long as you can for a draw or a clutch win is the norm? We don't want to ban those people, right?
But we don't have battle yet. We've got siege and skirmish and captain, and the rules and behavior that is set early in the games community is likely to stick around a long time.
I don't want a precedent to be set where people exploiting the map in public official games is a bannable (or even punishable) offense. This isn't activision blizzard. Fix the map exploits if you don't want people exploiting them.
Just the same way you don't ban people for derpfeints or lefthilthits despite the fact these are also exploits of the game.

I agree on the "don't try to intentionally crash the servers" front - but at the beginning this isn't what we were discussing anyway. We were talking about people delaying the round and making it last the maximum amount of time - i believe that's what was said, anyway. And if it's possible to consistently easily get out of bounds or into a rock, then just... yknow... Go in there and kill them. And doesn't captain mode have bloody flags that can net you the win, anyway, if people are doing this?

If being stuck waiting for 7-8 minutes is such a pain, i'm just surprised you think a 24 hour ban is super easy to move past and won't have an effect on people. I don't recall us having these issues in warband with 15 minute vote bans and kicks, or game breaking map glitches no?

Especially because it's early access, and we are yet to have battle and other modes implemented, yet alone community servers - i dislike the idea of a precedent being set that delaying the round or exploiting game mechanics or map design be a bannable offense.
What about when battle comes out? Where waiting six minutes because you died at the start is the norm. Where trying to hold out as long as you can for a draw or a clutch win is the norm? We don't want to ban those people, right?
But we don't have battle yet. We've got siege and skirmish and captain, and the rules and behavior that is set early in the games community is likely to stick around a long time.
I don't want a precedent to be set where people exploiting the map in public official games is a bannable (or even punishable) offense. This isn't activision blizzard. Fix the map exploits if you don't want people exploiting them.
Just the same way you don't ban people for derpfeints or lefthilthits despite the fact these are also exploits of the game.

I agree on the "don't try to intentionally crash the servers" front - but at the beginning this isn't what we were discussing anyway. We were talking about people delaying the round and making it last the maximum amount of time - i believe that's what was said, anyway. And if it's possible to consistently easily get out of bounds or into a rock, then just... yknow... Go in there and kill them. And doesn't captain mode have bloody flags that can net you the win, anyway, if people are doing this?
First of all, glitching in Warband was way harder to do, especially in a game-breaking way. Then, Warband had private servers with numerous and competent admins, good reporting systems, and most of all admins weren't afraid to permaban griefers if they kept doing the same **** over and over. There should be a system like on warband matchmaking, where you first get a warning and if you keep doing the same **** you get banned more and more.

We were talking about people delaying the round and making it last the maximum amount of time - i believe that's what was said, anyway. And if it's possible to consistently easily get out of bounds or into a rock, then just... yknow... Go in there and kill them. And doesn't captain mode have bloody flags that can net you the win, anyway, if people are doing this?

This is the stupidest thing I have read all day. I'm not even going to dignify this thread with any further responses as I can clearly see that you are dead-set on defending people intentionally ruining the experience of others, if I didn't know any better I would say you are one of those players and don't want to be dealt with like the scum of the earth that they are.

You can keep that attitude away from Captain's League. We don't want or need players like you in our competitive community.

Last edited:
Yes, warband did have a thriving private server community with competent and lots of admins - but almost any time past... i think it might have been the first year after release - you barely ever saw anybody playing on official servers, because, they were all on these private servers with admins.~
But we do not yet have private servers. We only have a few official ones and a matchmaking system.

And until we do have those private servers where the admins and/or owners can set any rules they want, and i can't do anything about it - i desire to do what everybody else here is entitled and (hopefully) encouraged to do and express their opinions to TW in an effort to shape the direction the game will go in.
The direction i desire to see the game go in is one where people don't get banned for what they say or banned for exploiting game mechanics or map flaws, or banned for extending the round to the round timer limit.

This is the stupidest thing I have read all day. I'm not even going to dignify this thread with any further responses as I can clearly see that you are dead-set on defending people intentionally ruining the experience of others, if I didn't know any better I would say you are one of those players and don't want to be dealt with like the scum of the earth that they are.

K.

Back
Top Bottom