Tundra Bandit Lair

Users who are viewing this thread

Mercenary88

Sergeant
So far I've successfully destroyed forest bandit lairs and sea raider landings, they were a challenge early game but once I got better troops and improved my equipment as well as get the hang of them I was able to get through them fine. My strategy so far had been to assault with the allowed handful of soldiers, my choice; huskarls/swade knights. I came across a tundra bandit lair and I've tried a couple of time snow with different strategies and can't seem to crack it. The challenging thing about it is the way it's designed. The forest one is a much bigger space and once they start spawning all over the place it’s easy to stay in a tight pack and take them all down one by one. The problem with the tundra lair is that all the spawn points are very close to each other, also the terrain is very uneven and makes moving around very slow, which gives the javelins/jarids (their main weapon) plenty of time to shred my soldiers shields and eventually them.

I follow the same pattern as I sweep the lair I order my troops/companions to follow and at certain times to charge, which cause them to make first contact while I flank and slash almost every bandit from behind as they engage my team.  I am heavily armoured so usually projectiles are never a problem unless I'm careless. But javs/jarids do their fair bit of damage and every single bandit peppers my small assault team with them, it’s a non-stop barrage of javs.

If anybody has eny strategic ideas about it it'd be great if you could share :roll:

Put your troops outside their range, equip a crossbow/bow and take them out one by one. This has worked for me so far even though it can take some time if your bow/crossbow skill is low.

Zatyr said:
Put your troops outside their range, equip a crossbow/bow and take them out one by one. This has worked for me so far even though it can take some time if your bow/crossbow skill is low.
Much appreciated. That quest is a pain in the ass for me too. Will try your remedy.

Does anyone else have trouble finding the Tundra Bandit Lair when a Lord gives it as a task? Because I can't see one anywhere on the map!

Often times when I get a quest to wipe out a bandit lair, I will need to locate the lair (colored blue) myself. You just move around in the area nearby where you see many bandits running around. Zigzag around a bit to do a search, enlarge your search area gradually. You should find the lair soon.

Malagant said:
Does anyone else have trouble finding the Tundra Bandit Lair when a Lord gives it as a task? Because I can't see one anywhere on the map!

Sometimes it is a real pain to find them - in which case I just abandon looking for it and go do something else.  The zigzag pattern does often work though, so give it a try.

Malagant said:

I've found mine in the vast empty snowy fields between Khudan and Rivacheg--the northeast block to the right of the river. And I've also found it closer to the bridge by Khudan as well. Try those areas.

taiga bandits are badass =( too bad you cant recruit bandits from the hideouts. that'll be awesome. ill finally have my sea raider + taiga bandit army. sighs...

Some say their spawn is random and I believe they are, but they're randomized in a small area I think. These are the locations I've found them:

Desert bandits
mb1p.jpg

Tundra bandits
mb2k.jpg

Forest bandits
mb3e.jpg

Mountain bandits
mb4bn.jpg

Steppe bandits
mb5o.jpg

Sea raiders
mb6v.jpg