Trouble with meshes keeps causing crash

Users who are viewing this thread

I've been trying to add the Historic Lord armours to 1257 enhanced, and keep getting a error while loading setting data that says "error too many variation on mesh 0". Having trouble figuring it out I keep trying to change things in BRF but I can't find what is causing the error and don't know what mesh 0 is exactly what could be causing this any help would be great. If you need extra info to help I'll add more, just want to fix this.

I think I might know the problem now gonna come back to it tomorrow if I fix it I'll post how I did it.

Last edited:
You must have made a mistake in syntax of your file dealing with items (probably in a compiled one, assuming you are not familiar with the Module System). I know 1257 AD is publicly available but does it apply to its Enhanced version as well? If yes, use the Module System for transparent and easy edits. If not, check your item_kinds1.txt file for mistakes in syntax of tuples of code.

Upvote 1
You must have made a mistake in syntax of your file dealing with items (probably in a compiled one, assuming you are not familiar with the Module System). I know 1257 AD is publicly available but does it apply to its Enhanced version as well? If yes, use the Module System for transparent and easy edits. If not, check your item_kinds1.txt file for mistakes in syntax of tuples of code.
Thanks for the response I ended up figuring out 4 of the meshes I added must've had a error in item_kinds I got the other ones working and set them up in Morgh's but those 4 items still caused a crash after, just got rid of them. Don't think the enhanced version has a module system I couldn't find one at least. It has a lot more items in it's item_kinds and extra changes I'll keep looking for the module system though, haven't used any module systems yet so anything making edits easier I might as well use.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the response I ended up figuring out 4 of the meshes I added must've had a error in item_kinds I got the other ones working and set them up in Morgh's but those 4 items still caused a crash after, just got rid of them. Don't think the enhanced version has a module system I couldn't find one at least. It has a lot more items in it's item_kinds and extra changes I'll keep looking for the module system though, haven't used any module systems yet so anything making edits easier I might as well use.
You can copy some other items' correct tuples and just swap the BRF resources to have all new items matching their respective entries in the item_kinds1.txt file; that way you will have all the new things in-game.

Good luck with your modding business, I hope you will succeed. You can mark a solution to this issue for others to see if they encounter the same problem.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom