troops

Users who are viewing this thread

Assyrian

Sergeant
how can I change the ammount and wich troops could be hired ad the tavern.
Sorry, mayb a stupid question. Just gotta know, cause I can't find my way on that one with the editor.

I don't know about the editor, but for the Official Module Tools:

open module_parties.py, and scroll till you see the merc party you are interested in (all the hired troops come from a merc party...I believe they're labeled town_x_merc, where x = 1 to 14). The last field in each entry is the troop types available to that particular merc party and their starting amounts. Make whatever changes you want to see here.

To mod the refresh rate/amounts, open module_triggers.py and find the trigger associated with the merc parties (it's commented for easy locating). Here you can change how many get added per firing and how often the trigger fires.

It's actually quite easy to do with the unofficial editor too. It's under 'parties' and then 'cityname_mercs'. Then put the troops you want to be recruited from that chosen city as members of the party.

If that is what you ment?

it's for the modding not for the playin. Need allot of diffirent troops that I can hire, makes modding easier

Dynamite_cow said:
It's actually quite easy to do with the unofficial editor too. It's under 'parties' and then 'cityname_mercs'. Then put the troops you want to be recruited from that chosen city as members of the party.

If that is what you ment?
let's check it out. hihi

fuji, et al...

actually, you edit the triggers when the tavernkeeper refresh occurs... the merc party is the basic at start and doesn't refresh (at least in after i've mucked around) but in the module_triggers.py you have something like...

# Refresh Zendar
(try_begin,0),

(assign,reg(2),"p_zendar_mercs"),

(store_party_size,reg(6),reg(2)),

(lt,reg(6),2),

(store_random,reg(7),5),
(val_add,reg(7),1),
(party_add_members,reg(2),"trp_townsman",reg(7)),

(store_random,reg(:cool:,5),
(val_add,reg(:cool:,1),
(party_add_members,reg(2),"trp_watchman",reg(:cool:),

(store_random,reg(9),4),
(val_add,reg(9),1),
(party_add_members,reg(2),"trp_hired_blade",reg(9)),

(store_random,reg(10),3),
(val_add,reg(10),1),
(party_add_members,reg(2),"trp_sell_sword",reg(10)),

(store_random,reg(11),2),
(val_add,reg(11),1),
(party_add_members,reg(2),"trp_mercenary",reg(11)),

(end_try,0),

##############

which you can change trp_ to your hearts content.... HOWEVER...

i've noticed when i have more than 21 troops designated i start to overflow factions from lower numbered towns into higher numbered towns... usually vaegirs and khergs into my nord and chirmes (mod).... so in a small three faction game, it should be ok... having a bunch of factions makes mo' complexity... that i haven't figured a way around yet... maw

Back
Top Bottom