Troops won't obey my orders

Users who are viewing this thread

Nosjack

Recruit
Well I hate to make a new topic about this, but I didn't see any quick Q&A threads....

As the title states my troops don't follow my orders. I'll bring up the menu (much easier than using the F keys) and tell a certain unit type to hold position. Up until now it's worked fine, but now that my party is 30+ men my troops will sit still at the beginning of battle. Once I tell one unit type to hold position the entire army sets up an organized formation close to that point. This would be nice, but my infantry just sit there and let my archers get killed. It's incredibly frustrating. Tried using the F keys a few times, but that didn't work.

Again, pardon me if this is posted the wrong way.

The search function searched the entire site, so I didn't look through all of it. If you could link me to where this has already been answered it would be nice.

Nosjack said:
Once I tell one unit type to hold position the entire army sets up an organized formation close to that point.

sounds like you had choose all kinds of troops. on the map (backspace??) you can activate and deactivate the troops you order.
For me this menu is a bit complicated...I don't like it...take a big cavalry army and you don't need to give many orders than: CHAAARGE!!!  :mrgreen:
(my tactical value is like in reality: 1  :cry: )

Mannerheim said:
You just need to press 'u' at the beginning of the battle, then give normal orders.
Thanks, that seemed to help at first, but after I gave a few orders the same problem came up again.

Does anyone know the cause of this bug? Maybe it's some sort of feature? I don't mind fancy formations, but I would like to choose which one my troops use....

Can I get a dev to comment on this please? I would like to fix/remove the feature that makes my men automatically form formations and ignore my orders.

I hate to seem pushy, but the mod is unplayable as of now.

Nosjack said:
Mannerheim said:
You just need to press 'u' at the beginning of the battle, then give normal orders.
Thanks, that seemed to help at first, but after I gave a few orders the same problem came up again.

Which means you are playing an old version, with outdated formation kit. In other words, update.

DrTomas said:
Nosjack said:
Mannerheim said:

Which means you are playing an old version, with outdated formation kit. In other words, update.
Nope, it's the latest version.

Is there any way I can just disable formations?

I hate to bump this a second time, but this mod is unplayable with this bug.

How can I disable formations? Or at least keep my troops from defaulting into one?

Press f1-f3 for charge then immediately afterwards f1-f1 for holding position, that should dissolve formations, worked for me every single time. There is, however, sometimes a weird behaviour if I give orders to my troops via the f-keys upon which I simply repeat the orders or call up the command window with backspace and right click on the minimap (upper right corner of the screen) where to position which troops. But most times it works for me if I navigate them by holding down f1 and selecting with my mouse the place on the battlefield I want my troops to go.

I'm having the same problem. I'm playing Medieval Conquests mod and my troops won't obey my commands.. This is a new game with modified character so maybe my low renown makes troops disobey? They listen to hold command but ignore charge command and sometimes ignore follow command..

I'm having the same problem. I'm playing Medieval Conquests mod and my troops won't obey my commands.. This is a new game with modified character so maybe my low renown makes troops disobey? They listen to hold command but ignore charge command and sometimes ignore follow command..
PS: up to 50 troops doesn't have this problem, but now I have 87 troops and it's a big problem

Back
Top Bottom