Troops with twohanded weapons

Users who are viewing this thread

I suppose it was already noticed and reported, but nothing bad's gonna happen if I add my two words in this issue.
So AI is unable to use twohanded weapons. At all. At least if they have any one-handed weapon on them. Then if it's impossible (hard?) to teach this dummies to put their zweihanders on when they're about to charge their enemy, then maybe at least force them to do it via command menu? They already can distinguish blunt/ranged weapon from other ones, then I suppose it's possible and not too hard to implement, no?

Damn this is still happening?  Troops should always use an available two-hander until they get targeted by an archer.  Only when under ranged fire should they pull their shields.

That or they should pull their two-handers right as they engage in melee.  Troops engaged in melee don't get targeted by archers often as the archer's allies block his fire.

They have their priorities odd anyhow. Looters attacking me with clubs when they've got a perfectly servicable falchion swinging from their belt..

Yes, troops not using the most efficent weapon (2-handers) available is wierd, but for looters I can maybe understand why they use clubs 1. They're obviously idiots 2.Perhaps they want to take you as a slave (Although it's idiotic).
But perhaps adding troops that Only uses 2-handers might be a solution, like som sort of Heavy/Assult/Shock-Trooper

They saw I was pwning them so if I were them, I wouldn't count on taking me captive. I'd focus on me surviving and that goes better with a falchion. :lol: 's not like I'm heavily armoured. Certainly not at the looter-hunting stage. :razz:

Well who knows (exept the devs) why they used clubs... perhaps the falchions are just ornaments and the looters can barely used them (lean more towards the idiocy of the looters) or they think the play are a god and wants to knoock him out so they can worship him (just playing with the thought)

I know for a fact that troops will use 2h weapons even with a 1h/shield combo fitted. I specifically edited the Rhodok t5 infantry to have Glaive, pick/shield and War Cleaver and I've seen them use all three. While individual units only rarely switch between their various pre-set weapons, I've found that the group as a whole tends to preserve fairly even ratios of usage between all of them.

I think this so-called bug has more to do with either NPC troops simply not spawning with the 2h weapon they are supposed to use -- it happens --  or choosing not to use it because it is weighted worse than their other options or, and this is something I don't know for sure, it might have something to do with them not meeting the gear requirements. I'm not 100% that NPCs even have to meet gear reqs, but it could just be that they do.

Well when this thread was made they would NEVER use their two-handed weapons.  You could have 40 huscarls and not one would use his two-handed axe.

So maybe they finally fixed it.

Back
Top Bottom