Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Csatádi

Grandmaster Knight
Summary:
Troops (typically my archers) shift their lines from 3 to 5-6 men deep, and it's almost impossible to set it back to 3 lines on the battlefield in a whole army on a rough surface. They should remember their formation and reform when the terrain makes it possible again. It's hard to tell if it always the terrain the reason of their formation change. I see this even when there aren't obstacles, or I don't consider certain objects as obstales.
This appears mostly when my army is big and there are many soldiers, but I play with 400 men limit, so it's not extreme.

How to Reproduce: play large battles with 50% or more archers, set them in a long line
Have you used cheats and if so which: no
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

I don't have a recording software. Maybe somebody can do it.
The issue is so frequent, it doesn't require very specific circumstances. Don't try it against 3 looters, but against an army.

Here the archers are in a 3 line depth loose formation. It turns into a 5-6 line depth formation when reinforcements arrive.
When I turn it to a "line" the weird depth remain. It is fixed for a small period of time when going loose-line-loose before going strange again.

I have a save file when at the very start of the battle the archers change their formation.
I order them into loose formation at the setup, move away the other units, press start and they reorder immediately.

Back
Top Bottom