Troop Trees and auto block

Users who are viewing this thread

have someone taken a look at the ini settings file? maybe they left it out of the gui but we can change it in notepad

Why are people arguing?

Some players want auto block
Warband had it
Some players don’t want it

Now let TW decide. They are the ones that know about how easy/hard to implement this is, performance impact if any, and all that.

Autoblocking could slow the game even further if it is not carefully implemented, so please, STOP WITH THIS.

Grab a shield, learn to play, get a refund but the community does not want taleworlds to spend thousands of hours on the matter.

It was a major feature that allowed casual players to actually play.
When you get old enough, you cannot "learn to play" and click faster, you can only get slower.
Besides, this feature was present in each and every M&B game before, so I don't think it's that hard to implement, and I consider absence of this feature a major developer oversight.

So please, stop thinking only about yourself and consider there are other people around.
As for what company thinks, there are Taleworlds reps to talk for them, you should consider that when speaking for others.

That's fair. Just shows that the simple accessibility this option adds would affect people in all demographics.

Yeah and I'm 40+ so there is no way for me to become any better clicker than I was when I was 15 lol

have someone taken a look at the ini settings file? maybe they left it out of the gui but we can change it in notepad

Nah, some guys tried changing stuff in .ini but it doesn't do anything

Last edited:
Live and let live. While I personally prefer no auto block (helps me to develop a good blocking habit for multiplayer, I see how some people would enjoy playing with it immensely. Can't be that hard to implement methinks.

I have 800 hours in warband. Mostly persistent world mod multiplayer. Having no auto block in multiplayer is awesome , BUT it is definetly essential for Singleplayer.1 vs 1 is great without autoblock , 1 vs 20 sucks and is frustrating. (especially with the new AI ganging up on you) Just add it back.

You don't even have to block in this game if you learn how to feint; still need shield for arrows tho cause even with auto block you ain't gonna stop the arrows. I am good either way tho.

A toggle for SP sounds like the answer here. But keep it out of multiplayer. Feels great to duel people and I think that having auto-blocking will be used as an excuse more than helping new people learn the game as some sort of training wheel. "Only beat me coz auto block".

Clearly. Definetly don't have hundreds of hours in the game or anything. We're real lucky to have a guy like you on these forums who literally knows how the entire playerbase plays and should play the game.
A lot of people, myself included, dont have the ability to properly use the manual direction block due to a variety of reasons.

Back
Top Bottom