TPW - Original Thread (locked)

Regarding factions, what would you prefer?

• The peloponnesian league (sparta and allies), The delian league (athens and allies), thracians, scyt

Votes: 640 44.4%
  • All greek factions, divided by their regional settlements, (eg. achaeans, boeotians, phocians etc) a

Votes: 546 37.8%
  • The main ones, the foreign ones and just some of the mainland ones, so as to not get very confusing.

Votes: 257 17.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emperor_Danny said:
Lynores and Von: Are you about to release the mod for the 1.003 version or for the 0.960? Will the uploading take much time?

I rather suspect they need to wait for the 1.0 module system... and then keep modding for a while after that..

Exactly what Dain said.

Here's Lynores' last post. Just read it, Danny. And stop asking for the release date every second day, please.

Lynores said:
Thanks for the support, everyone. As for the release date, as I've mentioned in the first post, it can't really be determined. I was expecting to release it before M&B v.1.0 but some serious matters popped up, and right now I have someone close to me extremely sick and about to have a surgery, plus schweinewitz's been under pressure at his job, so we're on hold at the moment. Hopefully it won't take long.

is this going to be a large mod and and their should be some cool adding thing like you find this thing in a chest and its got this cool armor other than the ninja one

The 1.0 version is out. How is it going? Do you have plans on releasing your mod soon or there's still a lot to do?

Morran said:
The 1.0 version is out. How is it going? Do you have plans on releasing your mod soon or there's still a lot to do?

Well on top of that page is your answer. Even if the game version 1.0 is out, the module system for it is not. Besides this technical barriers, there is still alot to do. However im currently working on interiors for TpW.
I didnt want to post them yet, but heres an idea what im working on.

man, this is the mod im most looking forward to, and yet its the mod that seems to be most far away...

oh and please make sure you increase the damage of the one handed polearms (ie the hoplites spear) since if they dont kill on the first hit you dont get another chance since the enemy will be too close (and its hard enough to hit an enemy as it is with a one handed spear)

Emperor_Danny said:
You maybe are younger than mine, friend!  :wink:

There is no reason to believe that there must always be a direct correlation between age and maturity.
Postings like "Why are you making such faces?      LoL L O L l o l " (zit. Emperor_Danny) do make me wonder about yours though.

However this is neither the place nor the time to discuss this matter. If you have anything reasonable to post considering TpW feel free
to do so. Otherwise feel not.

Thank you

Now back to topic:

I propably should introduce myself first as the majority of the M&B community does not know me at all.
My nickname is TYR, i have been active on M&B modding a long time ago back in 05, which never lead to
any real sucess though. I modded a great deal for the Ufo series, if you know that game you probably know
my work on the weaponcombo mod, the rebalance mod, the 21cw mod and several small scriptmods.

I joined TpW because i admire the dedication and work of Lynores an v. S., and helping this mod to suceed
seems a worthy task to be done. In the near future i will provide you with more of my work, which is currently dedicated
to the creation of furniture and decoration elements. If you have any suggestions, materials or ideas regarding this matter
feel free to pm me.

Greets

TYR

Probably because version 1 is out already, and it would save a whole lot of time if Lynores ports it to 1.003 than port it to .960 then to 1.003.

Exactly.

---------------------------------------------

Concerning our new modeler TYR:

He's part of the TPW team now, and Lynores and I are looking forward to work with him. For reasons already mentioned, we're thankful for every help we can get, and Tyr has yet proven to be a skilled and motivated modder. The mod's progess may be slow, but you may rest assured that continuously someone in Brazil or Germany is working on it. :wink:

---------------------------------------------

Concerning the spam:

TYR said:
If you have anything reasonable to post considering TpW feel free
to do so. Otherwise feel not.

I agree. Spammers will be handled more resolutely in the future.

Hi TpW team,

some time ago I was offering my modelling help and contacted Lynores, he seemed a bit busy and after a while I didn't get a reply to mails. I'd like to let you know that I'd be glad to help you with anything modelling/texturing(if Lynores decided to let other people make textures).

And TYR looks like a skilled artist, I'm looking forward to see more work from you :smile:

Finally, does anyone know if Lynores plans to(maybe with some cooperation) include multiple units(not only the everyone/infantry/archers/cavalry, but for example multiple infantry divisions, one to cover the front, 2 more to cover the flanks, 2 cavalry divisions ready to attack the enemy's flanks etc. I hope it's clear what I mean)? (with that maybe not only advance and fall back orders, but also move sideway commands might be helpful)
There is no need for a strategos if your infantry simply runs into the enemy's, the archers shooting the enemy's infantry before getting to close to the own and after that trying to get the cavalry down and the cavalry hunting the enemy's cavalry/trampling down the enemy's army from behind :razz:
It's just a thought. I don't know how infantry, archers and cavalry are divided in the game so I can't tell if I ask for something terribly hard to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom