Tournament Dedication

Users who are viewing this thread

CptStanky

Knight
Does anybody else have trouble getting a win dedicated to a lady before everybody else and their mom does?

I Went to a feast, say Bryn wasnt there, waited an hour or 2, checked and she was there so I won the tournament and boom nothing.  1 Point.  Does it calculate per feast or per game?

It is mostly just a way to get the ball rolling with a lady in my opinion. Some ladies are more inclinded to that kind of thing and give you more than 1 point for it though; but I am sure you already know that judging from your post. It seemed to me that unless you get some kind of positive relation with her though, you wouldn't be able to continue with the courting process, so 1 point or 5 points it still let's you break the ice if you want to court her.

First dedication is most effective. Once lady received dedication she will be less impressed when you repeat it. You have to be more creative to win her favour and find other ways :wink:

Other ways like poetry...and that's all.
There's a really big need of implementing more ways of courtship. And there should be implemented some options to improve your relation with your wife after marriage and also to make her do something else than just talking about affairs, organizing feasts and other kingdom-related stuffs.

baama13 said:
Other ways like poetry...and that's all.
There's a really big need of implementing more ways of courtship. And there should be implemented some options to improve your relation with your wife after marriage and also to make her do something else than just talking about affairs, organizing feasts and other kingdom-related stuffs.

After she's married me i'd better not need to work for more relations to get her to do work around the castle, these are the middle ages, ***** better behave. This isn't the sims.

hahahaha. nice.

I actually would love to improve relations with her after marriage.  Call me a pansy if you like :smile:

I do think pretty is a bit lacking.  They should implement a reactional dialogue response with the ladies like you have with the lords.  I hear you bailed my brother/cousin/whoever out of deep doodoo.  +1 Rep

You seem to get 1 point of relation each time you visit her when she ask you to come. Given you need 20-30 relation to get her agree to marriage, it is quit ok.

Given it is new feature I would say it is implemented really well and for me at last it adds whole new aspect in to the game. I'll say well done developers. First time I heard marriage will be implemented in to Warband I had my doubts about its usefulness. What we got far surpassed my expectations. There might be some future improvements of course but it is well done so far already.

Perhaps few more poems to choose from and chance to loose relation in case you pick wrong one would make this part of courtship more intricate and interesting. Sort of minigame of its own.
Would be nice if your competitors would also come and challenge you to duel from time to time on their own.

One problem I encountered so far is that if too many lords attend feast, ladies can get absent altogether. Like there is limit on number of NPC present in one time in hall. As number of lords is proportional to number of ladies you have chance to meet there, its bit annoying that once lot of lords are there, there is diminished chance to meet their daughters ironically.

baama13 said:
...and also to make her do something else than just talking about affairs, organizing feasts and other kingdom-related stuffs.
:?: Maybe some of modding gurus will mess up with making Hot coffee mod for Warband  :lol:
I guess not.

If a woman liked me less because I chose one of the 5-10 poems that exist on the entire planet I'd dump her sorry ass so fast she wouldn't know what to do with herself.  Then I'd storm the castle out of spite.

As a addition to your ignorance of poetry you clearly have no idea of gallantness and chivalry either. I would not be surprised if she would choose to jump from the tower while you storm castle rather to fall to your barbaric hands!  :mrgreen:

Bye the way, woman do less logical things than to dislike bad taste of verse :wink:

I guess I was lucky with that... I won it and then dedicated it to Lady Miar (or something like) then told her I was her admirer and Shazam! 53 relationship with her

53 wtf I thought I was in good shape getting to 20 in one shot.

And yeah women are crazy like that.  Maybe I wouldnt dump her, just storm the castle and dedicate that to her :smile: Maybe that'd get more than 1 relation?

Old fashioned girls like honorable men (known from gameplay experience)

Ambitious ones like guys with lots of renown (guessing)

Those that like to ride and hunt may like tourney winners more

Maybe I wouldnt dump her, just storm the castle and dedicate that to her :smile: Maybe that'd get more than 1 relation?
Well that might do the trick, but then I am just a man, I might be wrong. I would be impressed if you did so for sure :smile:

Somewhere I saw that your choice of companions can also have influence (probably in conversation with bard in tavern).

Last time I told lady I am her admirer, relation with her took actually -3 penalty (was one of those "hunting" girls). At the end I managed to marry her however.

Am I the only one getting serious flashbacks from "A knight's tale" when reading this thread? :twisted:

Loved that movie. R.I.P Heath Ledger.

"Your beauty will be reflected in the flanks of my horse and the strength of my arm."
"It's flanks? Wow... really? [sarcastic]"

hehe, great stuff.

Venero said:
Am I the only one getting serious flashbacks from "A knight's tale" when reading this thread? :twisted:

"Your beauty will be reflected in the flanks of my horse and the strength of my arm."

hehe, great stuff.

One of my favorite movies.

And yes, it would be better if your wife gets relation going down or up given your deeds in the world.
If it's down too much, she would be able to play dirty (stealing your money, banging with other lords (who will boast about it of course))

Polluxor said:
Venero said:

hehe, great stuff.

One of my favorite movies.

And yes, it would be better if your wife gets relation going down or up given your deeds in the world.
If it's down too much, she would be able to play dirty (stealing your money, banging with other lords (who will boast about it of course))

That last part would actually be kind of fun, especially if you had to then duel with the lord(and lose rep) or lose honor/RtR.  There should probably also be some additional counterbalancing advantage to keeping your wife loyal.  Maybe some some small periodic rep gains with other Lords and Ladies in your kingdom based on how high you keep your rep with your wife?  This would be an abstraction of your wife working to put in a good word for you here and there with other Ladies of the kingdom, who would have some influence with their husbands/fathers/brothers.

Lady's are already the ones you can deal with to repair relations with other Lords, so it doesn't seem out of line.

Back
Top Bottom