Total Conversion mods ideas for Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

I've worked on a few things for oblivion/fallout/skyrim and made some maps for source. I can texture and play with particles.  But yeah, it is a bit beyond me. I'd be good in prioritizing things though;

First stage. I'll need someone to help me with the following;
An generic elf head, Skeletons, goblins, and then as many natural creatures as bannerlord leaves out.

Secondly, I think I'll want;
Full plate that works with bannerlord's artstyle, since bannerlord will lack that.
Werewolves (I want to use the other weres more, but wolves are the widespread one)
Guars, Silt striders, the stranger Dunmer architecture.
Morrowind Dwemer towers 
Mamoths. Trolls. Sky whales (for at least the overland map).
Khajiit, at least one two legs and one four legs.
Giant Valenwood trees. Gorrillas.

At that point, it's very clearly TES. Third wave:
Ghosts, Giants, Nagas, Harpies, Clanfear, Scamps, specific racial heads.
After that, well, anything works.

But, well, I'm assuming that I've got a lot of good things from bannerlord alone that'll at least make decent placeholders.

mat2rivs said:
NPC99 said:
Hopefully, you’re planning a Gathering Storm mod for Bannerlord. I loved your Warband version.  :grin:

Let's just say I'm cautiously monitoring the status of Bannerlord.  I'm fully planning on buying the game with the intent of first enjoying the base game, but then hopefully doing some modding.  I'll be blatantly honest and say that I had the most fun by far with Warband while modding it.  It just really jived with the engineer/software developer (not really artist as you can tell by the trollocs) inside of me.

I've done some pre-work, but until I have the game I don't want to commit too much time.  Also, when I started modding Warband, I was married, but my wife and I were both working.  I sort of had to drop off TGS development when we had our first daughter and my role changed at work.  (to software, many thanks to modding Warband)  Now, I have three daughters and am still married  :cool: plus have more responsibility at work.  HOWEVER, until you've started something like an overhaul mod and worked through the hours and days and months of uphill battle and finally get something cobbled together and published, you won't understand how absolutely awesome that feeling is.  Even when the feature requests and bug reports immediately start pouring in.  And  THAT struggle and triumph (plus my unabashed love of Wheel of Time and Mount and Blade) will most likely drive me to start on another mod.  Plus, the game and modding tools just look downright fun.

-mat

PS.  Thanks for playing and enjoying TGS.  That also makes all the time worth it!

Your wife & daughters must come first, but that sounds promising. TW’s modding tools look great. I just hope they don’t leave us without a campaign map editor.

NPC99 said:
Your wife & daughters must come first, but that sounds promising. TW’s modding tools look great. I just hope they don’t leave us without a campaign map editor.

gkx's feedback on this thread seems promising.  Both for the modding tools and a potential campaign editor.

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,373036.0.html

And my wife will be glad to have people on her side.  Though she is very supportive of my inner nerd.  :party:

Innocent Flower said:
I've worked on a few things for oblivion/fallout/skyrim and made some maps for source. I can texture and play with particles.  But yeah, it is a bit beyond me. I'd be good in prioritizing things though;

First stage. I'll need someone to help me with the following;
An generic elf head, Skeletons, goblins, and then as many natural creatures as bannerlord leaves out.

Secondly, I think I'll want;
Full plate that works with bannerlord's artstyle, since bannerlord will lack that.
Werewolves (I want to use the other weres more, but wolves are the widespread one)
Guars, Silt striders, the stranger Dunmer architecture.
Morrowind Dwemer towers 
Mamoths. Trolls. Sky whales (for at least the overland map).
Khajiit, at least one two legs and one four legs.
Giant Valenwood trees. Gorrillas.

At that point, it's very clearly TES. Third wave:
Ghosts, Giants, Nagas, Harpies, Clanfear, Scamps, specific racial heads.
After that, well, anything works.

But, well, I'm assuming that I've got a lot of good things from bannerlord alone that'll at least make decent placeholders.
In an interview a while back, I remember them talking about maps having 'layers'. Does that mean that it would be possible to have dungeons or caves? My favourite part of TES games was exploring the different ruins and secret locations, so that would be pretty cool to have in a mod. Also, I agree about what you said before about having Skyrim as the setting, I think Oblivion would be more interesting or perhaps it could be about a particular war.

Johan_Stormcloak said:
In an interview a while back, I remember them talking about maps having 'layers'. Does that mean that it would be possible to have dungeons or caves? My favourite part of TES games was exploring the different ruins and secret locations, so that would be pretty cool to have in a mod. Also, I agree about what you said before about having Skyrim as the setting, I think Oblivion would be more interesting or perhaps it could be about a particular war.

In Warband, dungeon complexes or tunnel systems are constructed using modular scene props rather than the scene editors paint layers. I expect the same will be true in Bannerlord.

Surely Anno Domini so a fully fledged map of Europe and parts of Africa and the Middle East, I think that would be pretty awesome.

I've already mentioned a Gekokujo mod for Bannerlord. Developing on that idea, I think the weapon crafting system will work so well with katanas, tachis, wakizashis etc. You could have so many choices of tsuba (guard), tsuka (hilt), kashira (pommel), and the blades could have the various folding patterns as a variable.
As Bannerlord will have a banner creator, it's going to be very interesting when making your own clan, especially seeing a field of Ashigaru with Sashimonos of your banner.
One issue I had with Warband's Gekokujo were the sieges, the enemy could just walk in through the front gate. Bannerlord's improved sieges should hopefully make a Gekokujo siege work.

The issue I had with Gekokujo was it's historical accuracy and I didn't like the companions much. Sogoroku (probably mispelt) often doubled down on the things wrong with it. I really wonder what bannerlord will improve, There's a slot for cape/horse armour which'll cover for sashimonos/jimons/monk robes/back balloons and so on, but the localization of troops, lacquer mismatches, lack of glorious whistling arrows... those were warband problems. I heard there weren't be armour customisation, which really sucks because japan was all about it (moreso in edo period, but sengoku period was hardly devoid of vanity)

If A japan mod could make use of battlefield fortifications, like bamboo fences and those little towers that japanese archers were so fond of, it would feel so very much more like a proper japan mod. Setting lacquer colours and symbols is a must.

Innocent Flower said:
The issue I had with Gekokujo was it's historical accuracy and I didn't like the companions much. Sogoroku (probably mispelt) often doubled down on the things wrong with it. I really wonder what bannerlord will improve, There's a slot for cape/horse armour which'll cover for sashimonos/jimons/monk robes/back balloons and so on, but the localization of troops, lacquer mismatches, lack of glorious whistling arrows... those were warband problems. I heard there weren't be armour customisation, which really sucks because japan was all about it (moreso in edo period, but sengoku period was hardly devoid of vanity)

If A japan mod could make use of battlefield fortifications, like bamboo fences and those little towers that japanese archers were so fond of, it would feel so very much more like a proper japan mod. Setting lacquer colours and symbols is a must.

I’m sure some talented modders can create realistic and gorgeous armour textures. Yeah the cape slot will be great for it.

I agree that gekokujo lacks a lot of things that make it historically accurate, but warband was perhaps limited in how it could be modded to pursue this.
Hopefully Bannerlord will give modders a big enough tool selection to really overall AI behaviours, battle design etc.
Not sure if it will be possible, but maybe it’ll be possible to deploy bamboo fences and palisades like the siege engines in a siege (we’ve seen that there is a pre-battle phase to select where engines go).

cRPG has deployable items that do a bunch of things, from a box that lets change your loadout, to a catapult to simple barricades.

The only mods I  really liked were the ones that were well balanced or added new gameplay mechanics. POP was by far the best because it did both. I hope to see more more of that, mods that offer more things to do rather than just new places to do them in and troops to do them with.

- Elder Scrolls = It would be great to fight in Tamerial and fight along side huge armies.  However, there are two issues.  Magic and non-human characters.  From what I can tell, the only way magic has been recreated in Mount and Blade Warband is to mod it as an equitable projectile weapon.  Also, non-human characters, such as werewolves, argonians (lizardmen), and Khajiit (cat people) would require their own models than the regular human ones.  All of them have tails, and werewolves (if you are gong with the skyrim version) have tails and hunched over posture.  Hell, even flying units will have to be looked at (dragons)

- Conan the Barbarian = It would be awesome to fight as a Conan (or Red Sonja) like character.  However again, the two issues like in Elder Scrolls suggestion, are magic and non human characters.  Hell, in Conan there are even snake people.  Also, barbarian models may have to be bigger in size to take account for such an amount of muscle haha.

RSvol3_01_Cov_B_Anacleto_e1444097275547.jpg
[/url]

- Warhammer Fantasy = Too much to go into, but it would be awesome.

- Roman and Greek Time Periods (ancient) - this has been suggested before.  The only concern is that if they can get the phalanx to work properly.  You see, in a phalanx, the front row of spearmen is not the only one attacking.  The 2nd and 3rd rows can also attack their opponent by using their spears to stab over their fellow soldiers in front of them.  Oh also it would be cool if there were war elephants.

VictorF said:
The picture you posted is not of a phalanx. Those are Hoplites.

The image is a formation of Hoplites in a phalanx formation.  A hoplite phalanx is a formation that is characteristic of soldiers overlapping their shields and using spears to push and stab the opposing force off the field (similar to shield wall).

late-greek-hoplites.jpg

Another form of the phalanx is known as the Macedonian phalanx.  This one uses long spears (or pikes) and soldiers used smaller shields that do not overlap.  This is the formation the Alexander the Great used. (though its seems size of the shield varied.

macedonian_phalanx5.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phalanx

I hope this helped  :grin:

Does anyone know if it is possible currently in Mount and Blade Warband to stab over an ally to attack an enemy in front of them?  The reason I ask is that if you can then there is a good chance it could be done in Bannerlord.

MightyElosan said:
VictorF said:
The picture you posted is not of a phalanx. Those are Hoplites.

The image is a formation of Hoplites in a phalanx formation.  A hoplite phalanx is a formation that is characteristic of soldiers overlapping their shields and using spears to push and stab the opposing force off the field (similar to shield wall).

late-greek-hoplites.jpg

Another form of the phalanx is known as the Macedonian phalanx.  This one uses long spears (or pikes) and soldiers used smaller shields that do not overlap.  This is the formation the Alexander the Great used. (though its seems size of the shield varied.

macedonian_phalanx5.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phalanx

I hope this helped  :grin:

Does anyone know if it is possible currently in Mount and Blade Warband to stab over an ally to attack an enemy in front of them?  The reason I ask is that if you can then there is a good chance it could be done in Bannerlord.

Interesting... I always thought the term phalanx could only aply to the mecedonian sarissa formations... I stand corrected.

Back
Top Bottom