Total Conversion mods ideas for Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

If there isn't any Sims-type gameplay around the furniture, it's useful only for taking screenshots. A choice of preset room arrangements would do just as fine.

hakjimmy said:
Definitely a persistent world mod with bigger map  and bigger player cap  say 500 or even more 1000

We want a MMO but denied by taleworlds. and we demand a new persistent world on a Massive scale~~~~
That's one of my gripes with the older games: lack of persistence of effects, even in a single player game. You defeat a faction's armies, siege their castles, loot their towns, and destroy their caravans, and yet they keep coming back with more troops, sometimes better equipped than before.  Your actions, or the victories and losses of your faction's lords, really don't seem to matter to the balance of the war, other than imprisoning captured lords or taking their absolute last town or castle.  Even the resolutions of wars seem more like totally random events, rather than one side being defeated or suing for peace.  Until you take that last castle, there's no real effect on their ability to wage war.

The ability to recruit replacement troops should depend on the number of towns and villages remaining, and if a lord doesn't have a fief of his own, it should take longer for his army to replenish.  A faction that starts losing towns and castles has less to defend with the same number of lords, and if the rate of recruitment were halved for dispossessed lords, the faction would still be able to concentrate a fairly decent amount of force to defend its remaining assets, rather than gaining a concentration advantage for losing.  Once a faction's strength drops below some percentage of its adversary, it should seek for a truce, and at some point should surrender (renouncing claims on some of what it's lost, and not allowed to besiege those castles/towns for X months or years), and at the very least, NOT declare any new wars until its strength recovers.

In a recent basic M&B campaign, I was awarded a castle which I had taken (while it was weakly guarded) from a faction (Swadians) that had just recently re-taken it from a third faction (Rhodocks), and the Swadian lord wanted it back.  He showed up with a couple of friends, and I had to lure away and defeat two of those armies in the open field before joining the defenders and driving off the besieger, who lost the vast majority of his army in the process.  He returned about a week later with a lot more men and a few more friends, totaling over 500 men.  Again, I "thinned the herd" by luring away individual armies, then joined the castle defense against the remainder.  As before, the besiegers were defeated, and suffered massive casualties.  Not two weeks later, they showed up with just over 700 men, led by their faction's king.  This time, my own king and company showed up, and after an epic 500+ to 700+ battle, the opposing army was broken.  Out of 700+ opponents in the siege, less than 100 survived.  Within two weeks, they were back with just shy of 1100 men, more than 100 of them Men-at-Arms and Knights.

In my opinion, that's BS.  The same lords keep returning with instantly trained high-level troops, no matter how many you kill.  To make it even more ridiculous, they were at war with my own faction plus another, and between the two, had lost EVERY castle and one city by the time I drove off the 700 men.  In essence, they should have had difficulty replacing losses at that point, not be able to park in their few remaining walled cities for a few days and magically conjure up 1000 top-tier veteran troops out of thin air.......1000 untrained recruits I can understand (which should depopulate their villages and cities to some degree), but NOT 1000 high-tier troops.

The game really could use some measure of population in the towns, so once you start losing a lot of men, recruits (both for you and the AI) begin to get a bit sparse.  That should gradually recover over time, when troops aren't being extensively recruited faster than they renew.  Some semblance of an actual economy would be nice as well, so you could trade goods from areas where they're produced to areas where they're in short supply (with local consumption based on population and affluence), and the current supply and demand would affect prices.  Reduce the population through wars, and both the productivity and the demand start to drop.

That's applicable to either a single-player or multi-player game.

Honved said:
hakjimmy said:
Definitely a persistent world mod with bigger map  and bigger player cap  say 500 or even more 1000

We want a MMO but denied by taleworlds. and we demand a new persistent world on a Massive scale~~~~
That's one of my gripes with the older games: lack of persistence of effects, even in a single player game. You defeat a faction's armies, siege their castles, loot their towns, and destroy their caravans, and yet they keep coming back with more troops, sometimes better equipped than before.  Your actions, or the victories and losses of your faction's lords, really don't seem to matter to the balance of the war, other than imprisoning captured lords or taking their absolute last town or castle.  Even the resolutions of wars seem more like totally random events, rather than one side being defeated or suing for peace.  Until you take that last castle, there's no real effect on their ability to wage war.

The ability to recruit replacement troops should depend on the number of towns and villages remaining, and if a lord doesn't have a fief of his own, it should take longer for his army to replenish.  A faction that starts losing towns and castles has less to defend with the same number of lords, and if the rate of recruitment were halved for dispossessed lords, the faction would still be able to concentrate a fairly decent amount of force to defend its remaining assets, rather than gaining a concentration advantage for losing.  Once a faction's strength drops below some percentage of its adversary, it should seek for a truce, and at some point should surrender (renouncing claims on some of what it's lost, and not allowed to besiege those castles/towns for X months or years), and at the very least, NOT declare any new wars until its strength recovers.

In a recent basic M&B campaign, I was awarded a castle which I had taken (while it was weakly guarded) from a faction (Swadians) that had just recently re-taken it from a third faction (Rhodocks), and the Swadian lord wanted it back.  He showed up with a couple of friends, and I had to lure away and defeat two of those armies in the open field before joining the defenders and driving off the besieger, who lost the vast majority of his army in the process.  He returned about a week later with a lot more men and a few more friends, totaling over 500 men.  Again, I "thinned the herd" by luring away individual armies, then joined the castle defense against the remainder.  As before, the besiegers were defeated, and suffered massive casualties.  Not two weeks later, they showed up with just over 700 men, led by their faction's king.  This time, my own king and company showed up, and after an epic 500+ to 700+ battle, the opposing army was broken.  Out of 700+ opponents in the siege, less than 100 survived.  Within two weeks, they were back with just shy of 1100 men, more than 100 of them Men-at-Arms and Knights.

In my opinion, that's BS.  The same lords keep returning with instantly trained high-level troops, no matter how many you kill.  To make it even more ridiculous, they were at war with my own faction plus another, and between the two, had lost EVERY castle and one city by the time I drove off the 700 men.  In essence, they should have had difficulty replacing losses at that point, not be able to park in their few remaining walled cities for a few days and magically conjure up 1000 top-tier veteran troops out of thin air.......1000 untrained recruits I can understand (which should depopulate their villages and cities to some degree), but NOT 1000 high-tier troops.

The game really could use some measure of population in the towns, so once you start losing a lot of men, recruits (both for you and the AI) begin to get a bit sparse.  That should gradually recover over time, when troops aren't being extensively recruited faster than they renew.  Some semblance of an actual economy would be nice as well, so you could trade goods from areas where they're produced to areas where they're in short supply (with local consumption based on population and affluence), and the current supply and demand would affect prices.  Reduce the population through wars, and both the productivity and the demand start to drop.

That's applicable to either a single-player or multi-player game.

If I remember correctly  they confirmed that losses in wars will have more impact on AI lords (they now have to pay and train new recruits)

But this doesn't belong to this thread, there is one for single player suggestions as well.

I just hope the kingdoms of Arda mod continue’s development and stays alive. A good lord of the rings mod would be amazing in a mount and blade enviroment.

I would like to see a world map during the time of the Roman Empire. Right at the moment Julius Caesar took power as dictator. But giving Roman troops the tactics they used would be impossible I think. Fighting in a shield wall and using the Gladius effectively.

One can dream.

What if taleworlds makes a warband mod for bannerlord?  :grin: this is so we can get the nords in bannerlord back. And not these norse russian mess we have in bannerlord right now

Something else I'd really, really like to see would be a Hyborian Age mod. It would be violent as hell but also kind of fitting given the setting's violent nature and M&B's focus on warfare.

Gurkhal said:
Something else I'd really, really like to see would be a Hyborian Age mod. It would be violent as hell but also kind of fitting given the setting's violent nature and M&B's focus on warfare.
its been requested a few times. I think with a little bit of love, Hyboria would make a great Total Conversion.

Lord Milky said:
I would like to see a world map during the time of the Roman Empire. Right at the moment Julius Caesar took power as dictator. But giving Roman troops the tactics they used would be impossible I think. Fighting in a shield wall and using the Gladius effectively.

One can dream.

But Pompeo and Crasso are already dead and Gauls already defeated. Wouldn't be better at the beginnig of first triumvirate or when Caesar is murdered?

Dest45 said:
Gurkhal said:
its been requested a few times. I think with a little bit of love, Hyboria would make a great Total Conversion.

Yeah, Hyborian Age would be a sweet thing. I hope it comes to pass someday.

shaelor said:
A Wheel of time mod and a feudal japan mod!

yes, say it Gekokujo 2.0 or Sengoku Jidai?
is there any indonesian modder here? how bout create indonesian kingdom mod? we have so many interesting kingdom history like majapahit, pajajaran, kutai, etc.

Dragon Age world
Spellforce 1 world
Gothic world.

Some good old games could be resurrected in Mount&Blade perspective.
Although it's all probably impossible due to copyright issues and copyright holders who would rather die than let anyone have fun with their universes for free, even if the original projects are long dead and there are no plans to remaster them.

Leonion said:
Dragon Age world
Spellforce 1 world
Gothic world.

Although it's all probably impossible due to copyright issues and copyright holders who would rather die than let anyone have fun with their universes for free, even if the original projects are long dead and there are no plans to remaster them.

I wonder if magical powers could be implemented into the bannerlord engine through modding. Could be an interesting challenge  for modders.

AmateurHetman said:
Leonion said:
Dragon Age world
Spellforce 1 world
Gothic world.

I wonder if magical powers could be implemented into the bannerlord engine through modding. Could be an interesting challenge  for modders.

indeed, there's some mod in warband that use magic and i think it's not an impossible thing in bannerlord

I w;ould like to se a mod where you can remov ppls skeletons and replace it with a silvr liqud. Like ou could target peple born on th 14th of July and remove their seketlons.

Or a mod that supports "civil meat" where (like canabis) you can eat people  :fruity: :fruity:

Back
Top Bottom