Total Conversion mods ideas for Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

Honved said:
Yes, start with a smaller area, and work up from there.  Question is: start date?  I'd opt for about 500BC or earlier in the Middle East, although 200BC might be more interesting if you're looking further to the west (Greece, Macedonia, Persia, Republican Rome, Carthage).

I would say Early to Early Middle Iron Age. Bannerlord is going to have a crafting system so it will be interesting to build on that to have weapons and armor stats and expense affected by its materials by having the player choose between bronze and iron. Also by this time their will be many unique and well-developed civs across the map including for example the Romans and their Etruscan neighbors, the Greek City states, Celtic and Germanic states, and the Middle Eastern Empires.

WearyPilgrim said:
I'm not sure it could be done, but maybe a persistent world mod with elements from survival games like DayZ (not zombies) but bandits and smaller parties with full loot drop. I would love for something like that, even if it was only single-player.

Give me a new generation PW (without the ridiculous banking system, money needs to stay ingame and be protected or robbed) and I fill you a 200 player server in no time

Personally, I have never played the vanilla campaign. I feel the world they made is lame and lacking. I got the original mount and blade because of a cowboy total conversion mod I saw.

After getting the original I bought Warband because it had to be good if the first one was good. At first look I was very angry that I bought it as it felt all they did was make a few graphical changes. Later I realized there was a little more. But that is one reason I am very skeptical about getting bannerlord. It looks like its going to be the exact same as warband but again with graphical updates. I hope there will be alot more. I could care less if the graphics were pixelized or 3d I just hope it has alot of sweet details.

Then again we all know that when or if this game does ever release that everything will be outdated anyways. Just hope no one else beats you to the punch Tale Worlds. No offense to you but I hope they do. In my opinion you guys should fall of the earth.

Ancient china's warring states period would be epic, but onto other things.

I really want to do the TES series, but mostly because I'm angry/disapointed in how oblivion/skyrim let the lore from the previous games down. Skyrim was supposed to be a badass land with flying whales, werebears, badass ice vampires who live under frozen lakes, and most prominently missing; a fleshed out nordic pantheon, whilst Cyrodil, pre-oblivion, was supposed to be a tropical jungle filled to the brink with dangerous creatures. Infact, The first game was called ARENA because the continent was so damn dangerous and bloodthirsty, so I wanna make something along the lines of Tamriel: The Arena.

Set in an alt timeling (so far; Either the Daedra and Aedra came to an agreement to rearange the world or the dragonfires went out, septim did his thing, the world experienced a moment of chaos, the jungle that Talos removed came back, and the empire was too weak for it's hold. The setting awaits for someone to reunite the chaotic and fragmented people)

But I think this is a really difficult thing to do, because, y'know, there's so many perspectives on TES. Some people love skyrim the most and'll wanna put in everything I dislike about it, some'll want more fantasy armour, some'll want less.  Personally, I want to do a "everything should be realistic unless it's magic" kind of approach, but arguably everything in TES is magic because the stuff flows from holes in the sky and permeates everything.  Some people like the more conventional look for orcish and dwarven items, whilst I like old oddball look for dwemer stuff and the refined -we're actually the best smiths- look for orsimer.  It'll be a real hastle, and I don't wanna be going "this armour you've painstakingly modeled doesn't fit" because I'll be a damn perfectionist but I've no modeling experience.

I want an artistic style that works well with bannerlord's existing assets, because I'll use a lot of those.

Also, I'm really dependent on how bannerlord'll do things to allow mods. Will flying characters be workable? How can I work in spells? Can I change attributes? Do you think I can put in some daggerfall style advantages/disadvantages? Can the fighters guild work? Can I create linear dungeon like levels, use a stealth section, or give the player the signature TES ability to loot everything? Can I get moon cycles to work?

How big can the worldmap be, because there's an average of 8 cities per country, and while I don't need to go for the scale of daggerfall, warband really chugs with big maps, so I don't know how viable such a large mod'll be.

Flying mounts would be a needed feature for warcraft, warhammer, LOTR, and some other overhaul mods. I hope it will be doable (but I hope we won't see any in the base game also)

Kehlian said:
Flying mounts would be a needed feature for warcraft, warhammer, LOTR, and some other overhaul mods. I hope it will be doable (but I hope we won't see any in the base game also)

Replies to the latest blog suggest there is only one mount skeleton and only one set of animations as per Warband. Hopefully, they will give us some more flexibility or fantasy mounts will be as difficult to mod in Bannerlord as they are in Warband.

I don't think is a very politically correct mod, but I would like to see a mod set in Africa at 1400 ~ 1500, where tribes fought each other and you oftenly would see a colonizer party or fort... African culture is so rich, so we would have a beatiful mod if done right.

I think it's already an idea, but i also would like to see a 10.000 BC mod and an ancient Egypt mod, getting the north section of africa and some of asia in the time of Jesus and those bearded prophets.

Yes and no hahahahha I tought something like The Last Days of Third Age, where you don't have money but resource points obtained by doing quests, just like a "respect" or "influence" system. And there's no need to put the european settlers, just the african tribes is good to me. And before any racial issue, I'm a black male from Brazil, so probably I descend from african slaves. hehehe

TLD resource system is a weird one, and I believe those african empires and kingdoms used currency like everybody else. They were people, not caricatures in an idealized war of strong moral messages. They fought eachother for food, wealth, luxury.

Perhaps look at Suvarnabhumi Mahayuth

I'd like to see classic stuff, such as they already exist for warband:

-a new hispania 1200 : amazing mod with endless war during the Reconquista.
-a mod based on the migration period, like britenwalda, but with a greater scale. The merovingian conquest of the Gauls would be great.
-a mod based on the viking period, just like viking conquest, that would include a larger part of Europe. I would like to see something like the rise of Kanute the Great.
-a mod based on the Arabo-Turco-Byzantine world, sometimes during the crusades
-a mod based on the 13th century japan. With good horse-archers samurai.
-a mod based on ancient India.

But what I really miss in warband mods is good low fantasy worlds, just like Calradia. I Dislike most mods that try to recreate popular fantasy universe, such as TLOTR our the elder scrolls, because the game mechanics makes it feel just wrong.

Horik6697:

I don't quite understand what the issue is with slavery, race, political correctness, or political correct statements for indemnities sake. The ancient world was ubiquitous with slavery, we are all descendants of the ancient world right? Just a few books on the Roman Empire should suffice. Just go on and talk about (mods) and if people are offended that's their fault. It's a whole generation of spoiled westerners married to the voice of the common media perception who simply don't read.

Nonetheless that mod sounds like a great idea.  :grin: 

Innocent Flower said:
TLD resource system is a weird one, and I believe those african empires and kingdoms used currency like everybody else. They were people, not caricatures in an idealized war of strong moral messages. They fought eachother for food, wealth, luxury.

Perhaps look at Suvarnabhumi Mahayuth

Yes, I know, resource system is just a suggestion, since there were a lot of tribes (not all of them were great kingdoms and empires) and making an unified currency wouldn't be the best representation of a very politically trimmed continent.

stevehoos said:
Horik6697:

I don't quite understand what the issue is with slavery, race, political correctness, or political correct statements for indemnities sake. The ancient world was ubiquitous with slavery, we are all descendants of the ancient world right? Just a few books on the Roman Empire should suffice. Just go on and talk about (mods) and if people are offended that's their fault. It's a whole generation of spoiled westerners married to the voice of the common media perception who simply don't read.

Nonetheless that mod sounds like a great idea.  :grin: 

Thanks for your reply! Yes, I do think like you, but there's always some window to people problematize, like "oh, are you playing a game [mod] where the white man enslaves the africans??? That's racist!". People sometimes tends to ignore the context and focus on especific aspects that don't reflect the whole product.

Piédalf said:
I'd like to see classic stuff, such as they already exist for warband:

-a new hispania 1200 : amazing mod with endless war during the Reconquista.
-a mod based on the migration period, like britenwalda, but with a greater scale. The merovingian conquest of the Gauls would be great.
-a mod based on the viking period, just like viking conquest, that would include a larger part of Europe. I would like to see something like the rise of Kanute the Great.
-a mod based on the Arabo-Turco-Byzantine world, sometimes during the crusades
-a mod based on the 13th century japan. With good horse-archers samurai.
-a mod based on ancient India.

But what I really miss in warband mods is good low fantasy worlds, just like Calradia. I Dislike most mods that try to recreate popular fantasy universe, such as TLOTR our the elder scrolls, because the game mechanics makes it feel just wrong.

Absolutely agree with a reconquista mod, that would be very interesting to play.

Definitely a persistent world mod with bigger map  and bigger player cap  say 500 or even more 1000

We want a MMO but denied by taleworlds. and we demand a new persistent world on a Massive scale~~~~

Back
Top Bottom