TOPIC RESTARTED BY JORD NEW NAME--"Hegemony- Roleplay"

Users who are viewing this thread

Got this idea from Chel (Don't worry, I asked him if I could use it!!). How did your character come into being? What is his background story? This goes better if you play on higher difficulty because you actually are heroic...Just leave a paragraph or two about your bloodthirsty Germanic Chieftain or your renowned Spartan Hoplite. You could call it a 'roleplay' thread, but what you call it is up to you. You can even insert your favorite tactics and your great victories in battle. Share what you like but keep it spam-free please!  ALL CREDIT GOES TO CHEL FOR THE IDEA.

Epiron, Over-Lord of Phionika, was born and raised in Athens. His parents were Ariel and Lysander. His mother worked at home and made cloth part time for the the Hegemon, and his father was a hunter employed by one of the lesser lords. His mother was killed in a raid by the Romans when he was 16, but he saved his father and killed many Romans in the battle. The Hegemon heard of his deeds and exploits in the Athenian Arena and sent him to train with only the finest of soldiers, the Spartans. Epiron was bullied for the first part of his initiation, simply because he was not of direct Spartan descent, but he overcame these problems and worked his way to the upper-ranks of the Spartan Army. He then was given the fief known as Phionika where he ruled his people with respect and honor. Now, at the age of 21, Epiron uses his dead fathers sword, known by all as 'ξίφος του βασιλιάs', or 'Sword of Kings'. He proudly bears this sword against Romans and Dacians alike. With his band of 100 Spartans, he continuously and relentlessly attacks 'innocent' Roman villages and Castles. His next target: Rome. He has is faithful servant, Arinos, and 250 Spartans are patrolling the pass just South and East of the Alps, so that no Roman force may pass. When he is ready, Epiron will strike against the Romans and crush their forces with no mercy.

EDIT: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,40020.0.html

Thats the new thread if you would rather participate there...

Nice idee  :grin:

Rhyacian
He was born somewhere in the wilderness, east of the high alps. His parents were caravan masters and they traveled all over the world with their son. At the age of 12 they begin teaching him how to use a sword. By the time he was 15 he was a skilled swordsman and could help defend the caravan when needed. When they passed Lilibeo on their way to Syracuse they were attacked by a raiding Carthage patrol. He killed a few of the attackers but the damage was already done. The attackers managed to get away with half their goods and his mother’s life. When they made it to Syracuse they didn’t make enough profit to sustain themselves and their small guard unit. After the guards ans his father argumented on what to do next the decision of his life was made. The guards agreed on taking Rhyacian with them and train him to be a mercenary. A few years later he became one of the best mercenaries and started a company for himself called The Wolves Fury. One of his loyal companions was Secundus Laurentius Gaius who trained him to be a mercenary and who was very impressed at Rhyacian’s skills. He knew a few other known mercenaries and asked them to join The Wolfs Fury. After they heard the tales of Rhyacian they were very impressed and joined his couse.
With his new company he joined the Romans so he could take revenge on Carthage for killing his mom. One of his first attacks was an ambush on Shophet Mago, the leader of Carthage. He didn’t managed to defeat his army but he managed to deliver a deep wound on Shophet Mago’s upper right leg, for which he sworn to take revenge on Rhyacian. Time passed and skirmishes between Rhyacian an Carthage were not uncommon. Some of Carthage's leaders even started to fear Rhacian for his, sometims almoast suicidal, attacks.
Now at the age of 23 Rhyacian is gathering an army to attack Carthage once more and capture Karali.

No, i don't have other characters in this version
but Rhyacian did menage to capture the castle, after he was captured and bought his freedom back  :eek:.
After that he mustered an army and attacked Shophet Mago. After a harsh battle and many losses he managed to defeat his army and almoast killed him. This battle brought him much fame and renown (like over 4000 :grin:, i just love that bug). The roman senate heard of his great deeds and decided to send him to Macedonie. Rhyacian knew he would need a immense army to defeat macedonie, so he asked his companions to muster as many men as they could. After two weeks passed by his army was almoast as large as Macedonis kingdom army. At this point Rhyacian thought he mustered enouh man to attack Macedonie. At least he couldn't keep his army satisfied for to long. He marched with his army right into Macedonian territory. First attacking the castle of Larissa. They outnumbered the defenders 2 to 1 and sloughtered them to the last man. His army went pilliging the surrounding lands and Rhyacian started to lose controll over the large group. So he split the group in two. about 80 men guarded the castle and the rest of the bloodthirsty mob followed him to Corinth. He knew this would be harder to capture so he laid siege and waited for a wheek before attacking to make the enemy nervous. When they attacked the defenders wern't prepared very well, but with their numbers they managed to repel the attackars and Rhyacian so they had to fall back. After the defeat Rhyacian called for a meeting with his strategists. Together they forged a plan to capture the town. They had 3 elephants in their army which they could use to batter the town gate after their men could attack the city from within. Late that night they sended 2 elephants to batter the gates and before the macedoniers could place their defence correct the doors broke and Rhyacians army poored into the city. The battle was harshe couse the macedoniers had retreated to the castle and build their defences there. After the city was secured they surrounded the castle so no-one could get in or out so that the Macedoniers would starve. The Macedoniers knew their situation was hopeless and charged out. But unfortunately for them Rhyacians army was prepared for them and after a fierce fight the macedonies were defeated. Although the city was his now, his army had susteen much casualties. He lost half of his men with this siege. Before he could continue to Ambracia he needed to refill his ranks with new men so that they wouldn't be outnumbered and had the strength to attack the city. So he sended out his companians again to search for men who would joine his couse while he waited at Corinth to regain strength.

It was a dark day in v. 1.3 of Legions Mod Extended:

I had brought my army all the way across the Germanic country.
I had recently spend all of my hard earned denarii on 3 armoured war elephants and was preparing to crush my enemies. I spotted my first victims - A large group of Germanic colonists. My army of 50 Velites, Light Auxilia and Auxiliary Archers attacked.

I sent out my elephants to crush the puny peasants. The elephants charged right into my enemies, but they were stopped in their tracks by 10 mercenary hoplites. My prized elephants were slaughtered. I couldn't believe my eyes.

As revenge, me and my men unleashed a flurry of pila and arrows and killed every last peasant, leaving no one alive.

The end.

Nah, it's much better in 1.9, that was a story from 1.3.

I'm pretty sure it'll be even better in 1.9x with the mounted archers on top of the elephants and what not.

Sorry if i go off topic, but what does renown do and what does it mean with it? I will maby tell about my char sen :grin:

The tale of Edward Flavius Africanus (loller), the great beta tester

Civil war has broken out amongst the Roman Republic

On one side, the Senate and their republican loyasts. And on the other side, the Imperial reformist Edward Flavius Africanus. Edward feels the Republic is due for change cause hey, thats what modders do.. they change things.

The outskirts of Arretium 268 B.C.

Marching with great haste into the Italian peninsula, Edward takes advantage of his suprise march by moving on Arretium. A Roman garrison is dispatched to intercept his march, but Edward's unit is comprised of hardened veterans. The garrison refuses to flee or accept terms of defections.

Battle will ensue. (with damage settings to player and units on full, cause playing any other way is childs play)

Forces:

Edward Flavius Africanus:

- 40 Principe
- 30 Triari
- 30 German mercenary spearmen
- 6 Rorarii

Total: 106 men

Republican Loyalists

- 15 Principe
- 44 Hastati
- 48 Rorarii
- 55 Leves

Total: 162 men

The battle started with each side assessing the other's position

Edward's troops
rb1.jpg

Republican troops fortified on a hill
rb2.jpg

rb3.jpg

Edward was viewing the enemy position, and suddenly they started to move
rb4.jpg

By now the lack of experience on the Republican side was evident, and their units were too eager, and as a result their formations couldnt maintain

rb5.jpg

rb6.jpg

The opposing sides engaged with the following setups:
deployment1.jpg

The Triarii ending up completely smashing the Republican left flank
rb7.jpg

Edward's left flank took heavy casualties from skirmisher exchanges, but the Triarii were able to reinforce them
rb8.jpg

Edward ended up getting wounded engaging the officers unit, so both sides retired for the day.

The following day say the deployment of both sides remaining forces:

1. Republican Loyalists - 90+ men
2. Edward's Reformists - 60+ men

The Loyalists approached Edward's unit in a line formation
rb9.jpg

The Reformist commander Edward Flavius Africanus injured from personal combat, and horse killed, refuses to capitulate and stands with his veteran units shoulder to shoulder.
rb11.jpg

This time saw the deployment of Edward's forces with the Triarii on the left, and the Principe and Germanic mercs on the right.

The Loyalists tried to wheel around the flank of Edward's left side, but in doing so, Edward's right side was able to move under and left, and coax the enemy into a pincer trap, as Edward's Left side wheeled with the Republican Loyalists.
rb10.jpg

The result was a glorious victory.

Edward Imperial Reformist casualties:
- 17 dead 55 wounded

Republican casualties:
- Wiped out

Rome is one day closer to an emperor.

The great help Hanibal got.

While being a lazy bastard I hax0red the text files and change the names, I changed chargate faction leader name to Hannibal for RP.

while we marched trough spain the roman replubic had half the iberia, we had the other half, our first battle was:
Hannibal's army:
200 lybi phoenician spearmen
50 balearic slingers
10 elephants
and around 40  cavalrymen.

The enemy were a kingdom army into mid of roma's territory:
200 hastati
200 pricipe
50 trari
5 archer auxilia

His most loyall captain, DarkAnd the merciless satayed whit his company of 50 battle hardened sacred band 10 elephants around 30 mercenary hoplites, 10 cretan arhcers and 20 numidian cavalrymen whit the objective to cut off enemyes reinforcements, while more troops of chartage could arrive to help Hannibal.

The first time DarkAnd was nesceesary was wen another roman army apeared, seing has the already outnumbered Hannibal could end up flakend by both sides whit a 4 to 1 men ratio Merciless steped in the way of the army:
[uploading screenshoot]
The roman army has sent just a small part of his forces to deal whit DarkAnd.
[uploading screenshoot]
Poor litle bastards, think we alredy won the war while still lacking 500 romans to kill to win the day, lets give them those small moment of hapiness
[uploading screenshoot]
The battle is over, we lost few, but each one is a friend, a brother, a father, and a son.
[uploading screenshoot]
While walking trough a small woded area we got ambushed by the enemy army, lucky we could hear then and prepare ourselfs for the battle.
[uploading screenshoot]
I spoke to them:
Soldiers! Friends! My Brothers! I have to apologize in front of you all *bow* I had promissed glorious battles against glorious enemyes! But all that I could find is 500 cowards afraid of our spears so much that they need to try to ambush us and trow even the swords at our shields *everyone laughs* Our elephants are here to trample them spread terror and fear, but they will be useless *points one solider loking afraid* you there, what's your name.
_ Hasdrubal sir! son of (insert civilian cartaghian name here)
_Well hasdrubal, you know why the elephants will be useless?
_Because the trees will stop them? *answers looking very afraid*
_Hmm, no, the trees aren't so dense. They will be useless, because we DON'T NEED elephant to trample them! We can do that ourselfs!! Our charge will unleashe fear and terror at the enemys hearts and our stabs and slashs will trow their horsemen off the horses!! That is because WE have courage, because WE fitgh for our freedom! Because we fitgh FOR CHARGATE'S FREEDOM!!! Repeat Hasdrubal son of (insert civilian cartaghian name here)!!!
_FOR CHARTAGE'S FREEDOM!!!
_HIGER!!!
_FOR CHARTAGE'S FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!
_EVERYBODY!!!
_FOR CHARTAGE'S FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lets teach those roman dogs do don't scater around whit foreing woman and children.
[uploading screenshoot]
_FOR CHARTAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[uploading screenshoot]
even killing a good amount of enemy cavalrymen, it still isn't being enough against roma's mitgh army.

For 3 days we fitgh against rome, we managed to rout them to their last 50 men againts 40 ours, while pursuing DarkAnd's horse got stuck on a tree and he got stabed 4 times before dieing, whit his dead the romans come back to fitgh, and DarkAnd'd men fitgh against them and the reinforcement of 93 men to the dead unitil the last breath for chartage's freedom.

DAM U IMAGESHACK!!

Back
Top Bottom