Topic on Double Gunning

Users who are viewing this thread

I know some people want to discuss this, but this has caused some controversy, so we should debate this out, see what's gonna happen, and hopefully a decision will be made.

Double gunning is the act of getting 2 Firearms, and then firing the second one after you fired the first. Some people can say that it will take you longer to reload because you have to reload both guns, but in small games, it can be devastating.

So in this topic, discuss whether it should be allowed or not.

At the very least, I would say more than one musket is a no no. But a pistol and a musket would be acceptable. (You forfeit a sword) On the topic of multiple pistols I find it annoying, but perhaps acceptable. I personally would just prefer one weapon as it makes the sword a more viable weapon and makes gameplay more fun. i.e. You get one shot if they're charging and then you switch to epic sword duels.

The question here is what is OP and what is not. Pistols right now are already deadlier than muskets, no need to exclude them from the no double gunning rule. As a whole I suggest that everyone can only have 1 firearm.

I find it acceptable to carry 2 pistols (and no other musket/carbine). It seriously limits the range of the player and was also quite common at the time.
A musket and a pistol is also OK in my book. It creates a dilemma for the player since one cannot carry shots for both and a sword too. Bayonets are quite effective so it might not be a big limitation, but fighting with bayonet is so... so... lower class :smile:
Carrying 2 long firearms is a no no.

i would say only one kind of gun. 2 guns ruins the game, and today someone rode around whit 3 pistols...  :mad: that really ruins it.

After having played a bit more, I have to say just one gun. Even just one pistol, even though it is possible in "real life". Having more than one fire arm just makes melee obsolete, as no matter how hard you try to charge them they're just going to gun you down.

YEah, I was there, it was really not fun.
3 is bad, but 2 is acceptable.
Also, I can pretty easily avoid doublegunning people, as it takes double as long to reload, you just need to know the right timing.

1 firearm per person. Learn to spare your shot, this isn't the wild west lol. Allowing cav to have 2 pitols will just turn the game into a double gunning dismounted cav party. What is realistic isn't important here, its about game balance. Once again a pistol kills in one shot from range as often as a musket, can be reloaded on the go and reloads faster. Its a little less accurate sure, big whoop I can hit from range with'em just as well as with a musket really. Unless you want infantry to be completely obsolete then don't let the cav double gun on top of it all.

As a captain of the pirates, I request that we be allowed to duel wield pistols cause we are pirates. That is all.

My Opinion on the Subject:

No guns should be allowed to be dual-wielded.  Two muskets are overpowered, two pistols are overpowered, however....I do feel that a pistol and a musket can be allowed.  A pistol requires pistol ammo, and a musket requires musket ammo.  This means that once you made your two shots, you were theoretically doomed if someone came up to you with a sword.  Two pistols + sword + ammo is completely overpowered. I know there is this weird "Pirate Theme" that is occurring, but two pistols allow someone on a horse to just shoot off twice, then run away on their horse while reloading and come back.

Like someone said earlier:

sirwho said:
1 firearm per person. Learn to spare your shot, this isn't the wild west lol. Allowing cav to have 2 pitols will just turn the game into a double gunning dismounted cav party. What is realistic isn't important here, its about game balance. Once again a pistol kills in one shot from range as often as a musket, can be reloaded on the go and reloads faster. Its a little less accurate sure, big whoop I can hit from range with'em just as well as with a musket really. Unless you want infantry to be completely obsolete then don't let the cav double gun on top of it all.

Very, very true. Either do just one firearm per person, or a pistol/musket.

Lol, go to the suggestion post and suggest a marine troop for each faction armed with 2 highly innaccurate pistols and a cutlass. It doesn't actually sound that bad,  :shock: I'll probably regret saying anything...

7000bc said:
That's only what pirates did in real life, keep like 5 pistols on you, fire them all off, draw your sword and attack

Atleast they charged in afterwards... now its just fire off 3 of your pistols and run away and reload all 3...

Back
Top Bottom