Top North American Players of All Time (Fun Poll #3 Is Up)

Fun Poll #3: Who would win in an all time best of EU versus a best of NA match?

• Europeans

Votes: 40 48.2%
  • North Americans

Votes: 43 51.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We weren't near the team we are now (or I guess the word is "were" now, during BiT/early UNACs) back then. We didn't have a full roster. In multiple older tourneys (The Kboob/tit and NASTes) we paired with, at various times, DoF, KoA and others to make a full team and still managed to pull off 3rd. Speaking for myself, I didn't give a flying **** about the scene until watching the later stages of CJTT which that led me to want to lead for BiT.  We split up the teams and tried to do it evenly so no one felt left out. I got lucky to have uni, blacktide, rurin on my team. Kherven also decided to come back to play with my team and Sota joined the team around that time. The team that ended BiT was vastly different than anything we'd done before, because I wanted to win.

You go from catholic, me, rurin, and I dont know, ifrit, tavi and beo mixing with dof and koa to Blacktide, Sota, Myself, Uni, Rurin, Kherven, Maynd, not to mention later additions to the team like Mok, Mike, Sikici, Rayden and so on. The two TMW eras, the old era and the new era, are totally different. I don't mean to sound arrogant or cocky or anything, I think you know me well enough to realize that. But I don't feel like beating us back in the day should be proof of any sort of skill beyond pub stomping skill.

blak said:
Calamity said:
blak said:
Look I don't want to take away anything from wk, by all accounts it looks like you've plowed through the opposition you've been given in recent history. I know you can't control your opposition, but at the same time I am looking at these rosters for UNAC 2 and later and I am just not seeing quite the same caliber of competition. It's like back when I was in nK and we would fight the hoboknights, yeah I could go ranged and look god-tier, but was I really? It's impossible to say, if all of Balions finest stayed active and motivated maybe wK would've beat our ass regardless. Either way the best players I've ever played with/against are on my list.

S2 - Balion, You're on the roster.
S4 - 11 players from Balion. You're on the team.

Not seeing the logic here.

wK major finals history -

NASTe -  S2 - wK lost to balion
CJTT - Wappaw (wK won)
UNAC 1 - BkS (wK won)
UNAC 2 - TMW (wK won)
UNAC 4 - TMW (wK won)
WPL - KoB (wK won)

You compare these to Hoboknights?
Didn't play most of the matches in UNAC 2 or 4...MD would add me to the roster as a formality...in case he needed me (our activity was scarce to say the least). And no the competition wasn't as bad as say the hoboknights, but Balion and BkS were winning when TMW often times wasn't even the third or fourth best teams in the pool, much less the clear cut 2nd best team.

Fair enough.

You can create fairy tale experiences in your brain but the competition has gotten significantly harder for clans and everyone else. I long for the day for more Balion/BkS matches but we never got the chance again. See you in Bannerlord friends.

TBH Blak, we (wK) aren't looking back on the UNAC tournies as the pinnacle of competition either.  We all recognize that TMW was our only real competition from UNAC S2-S4, and that there was (as has been mentioned before) a pretty sizeable disparity between the top teams and everyone else.  Hence, our boredom and the reason we didn't play in S5.  From a comparison standpoint, there aren't many active teams that stacked up well against us.  However, that's not to say they are full of weaker players.  Many of them are made up of some of the "All Time" listers that keep cropping into this discussion.  As teams, they might not yet have developed to where the top (older) teams have, but they still have some fantastic players mixed in there.

Also, to Lag:  :shifty:
Balion Zero said:
The best archers in the tournament are in West Knights. Achilles to me is hands down if not the best archer in NA, in the top 3. Lag is very flashy with some impressive Headshots, but as a archer for me flashy hs doesn't make you good. Consistent in hitting opponent and supporting the rest of your team is what matters and wk has the best archers that do that.  I am only worried to archer fight vs wk archers

And to be fair, the TMW that we (Balion/wK/BkS) all fought in KBOOB and NASTe isn't the TMW that eventually surfaced.  They didn't really hit their stride until BiT, but they improved exponentially into UNAC and beyond.  If you read the UNAC S1 Team Rankings thread, it was pretty up in the air as to who would win, and TMW was viewed as a favorite.

blak said:
Calamity said:
blak said:
Look I don't want to take away anything from wk, by all accounts it looks like you've plowed through the opposition you've been given in recent history. I know you can't control your opposition, but at the same time I am looking at these rosters for UNAC 2 and later and I am just not seeing quite the same caliber of competition. It's like back when I was in nK and we would fight the hoboknights, yeah I could go ranged and look god-tier, but was I really? It's impossible to say, if all of Balions finest stayed active and motivated maybe wK would've beat our ass regardless. Either way the best players I've ever played with/against are on my list.

[....]
Didn't play most of the matches in UNAC 2 or 4...MD would add me to the roster as a formality...in case he needed me (our activity was scarce to say the least). And no the competition wasn't as bad as say the hoboknights, but Balion and BkS were winning when TMW often times wasn't even the third or fourth best teams in the pool, much less the clear cut 2nd best team.

You actually played in majority of UNAC S2, I can show you screenshots, stats and streams. You're right about your activity in UNAC S4 though, you played like 1-3 matches at most. But anyways, mentioning beating TMW when TMW was in it's embryo stage is ridiculous. It's equivalent to us bragging about how often we've beaten PoN (or any other new clan). If you're going to compare Balion and TMW, you have to do it when TMW actually became a team and found its footing, which is during and after BIT (where TMW beat Balion in the finals, incase you forgot). So if you compare TMW and Balion in and beyond said era (when both clans are actually established) TMW would come out on top, in terms of wins. The point I'm trying to make is, wK having to compete against TMW the past few tournaments is nothing to scoff at.

WilySly said:
And to be fair, the TMW that we (Balion/wK/BkS) all fought in KBOOB and NASTe isn't the TMW that eventually surfaced.  They didn't really hit their stride until BiT, but they improved exponentially into UNAC and beyond.  If you read the UNAC S1 Team Rankings thread, it was pretty up in the air as to who would win, and TMW was viewed as a favorite.
^

Still love and got tons' of respect for you though Balion.

He was definitely ahead of his time, would be one of the top players in one or two of the classes if he pursued the game instead of the kush  :razz:

You should put tournament wins beside each duelist

My OCD is telling me to tell you that you need to add a few 98 scores to Cav and a few 97's to Inf. Maybe add more than 2 99's at each class.

Calamity said:
Fair enough.

You can create fairy tale experiences in your brain but the competition has gotten significantly harder for clans and everyone else. I long for the day for more Balion/BkS matches but we never got the chance again. See you in Bannerlord friends.

WilySly said:
TBH Blak, we (wK) aren't looking back on the UNAC tournies as the pinnacle of competition either. 

Might want to get your narrative right with Wily, Cal. The only fairy tale here is that wK had 2-3 of the 5 best cavalry players of all time. You benefited from a power vacuum, truths can be inconvenient.

In failing to see how balion, in an even smaller scene, didnt benefit from that vacuum just as much.

Also, it's foolishness to claim that UNAC 1 wasn't the pinnacle of NA competition.

@blak and all the old players in his list that would totally rek us if they come back !!111!11

2zisr44.png

21e7uch.jpg

I wasn't going to say anything since these are all-time lists and is pretty much biased from player to player on their experiences and can't really be measured. But you're throwing **** to the wall that really doesn't stick. Easy to talk but it's hard to prove your point. Come with some proof then speak.

I have great respect for some of the older players in Balion whom I had the honor of playing together at the same team, such as Peasant and Mad Dawg, so I hope the Balion community doesn't get me wrong, you are a good clan that has achieved a good amount and proven yourself.

Feel free to come back(once again) and prove your point though Blak of how godly players all you guys are in face of new competition. I argue that the latest KoB team would steam roll any of the old teams at their peaks and that finals between KoB and wK was the absolute peak quality of warband between two teams NA has seen. You clearly won't agree to that. So come prove me wrong, until then all you say is just hot air.

UNAC 1 was definitely the most balanced the NA scene has been. That said, the wK of today would dumpster everyone that was in UNAC 1 (even their own team of UNAC 1). After UNAC 1 wK got exponentially better with the eventual additions of oodle, vinny, juve and boogy. While the most of the top teams declined or left the scene.

22nd_Can said:
@blak and all the old players in his list that would totally rek us if they come back !!111!11

2zisr44.png

21e7uch.jpg

I wasn't going to say anything since these are all-time lists and is pretty much biased from player to player on their experiences and can't really be measured. But you're throwing **** to the wall that really doesn't stick. Easy to talk but it's hard to prove your point. Come with some proof then speak.

I have great respect for some of the older players in Balion whom I had the honor of playing together at the same team, such as Peasant and Mad Dawg, so I hope the Balion community doesn't get me wrong, you are a good clan that has achieved a good amount and proven yourself.

Feel free to come back(once again) and prove your point though Blak of how godly players all you guys are in face of new competition. I argue that the latest KoB team would steam roll any of the old teams at their peaks and that finals between KoB and wK was the absolute peak quality of warband between two teams NA has seen. You clearly won't agree to that. So come prove me wrong, until then all you say is just hot air.

The game isn't fun anymore, the map rotations on POM are **** (unfortunately that has been the case for a while). No matter how much I would try to care about Warband it would ultimately fall flat. I made a list from my personal experience in the competitive scene (some of which a lot of the people here have never played against much less in there prime). Unfortunately it makes me an ******* for not including 10+ wKs and 10+ TMWs. You guys impressed in the time I played...just not enough to make my top 5 all-time.

I'll agree with that John, but like I said, as far as the pure competitiveness of it went UNAC 1 is easily tops. What was it, the top 5 teams all with the same record? There was no stranglehold or clear cut favorite. Looking back at some of the rankings people did, the overall favorite seemed to swing pretty frequently.

ClockWise said:
I'll agree with that John, but like I said, as far as the pure competitiveness of it went UNAC 1 is easily tops. What was it, the top 5 teams all with the same record? There was no stranglehold or clear cut favorite. Looking back at some of the rankings people did, the overall favorite seemed to swing pretty frequently.

Yeah definitely, it was the most competitive and balanced I was agreeing :cool:

22nd_Can said:

2zisr44.png

21e7uch.jpg

To quote the intellectual one in wK :lol: :shifty:
Oodle said:
Nah we played ****. That roster wasn't scary that roster was ****. End of story.

John7 said:
ClockWise said:

Yeah definitely, it was the most competitive and balanced I was agreeing :cool:

:cool: dooday neesay

blak said:
The game isn't fun anymore, the map rotations on POM are **** (unfortunately that has been the case for a while).

I now take this moment to blatantly post propaganda concerning the newest, trendiest and friendliest server known as tK_Battlefield.

Now with less Nazi :fruity:

Down with POM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom