Too Many Polys on A Scene

Users who are viewing this thread

ThaneWulfgharn

Master Knight
Hi,every time I try to place a High-Poly Object on a scene the Game Crashes?How to make the game support much more polys on a scene?

It is possible has cause of a large number of differentes textures and The memoire crash ?

make an copie of your scene in scenObj and make tests with less houses (the swadian houses do not have a lod, but on a scene you can put 15).

Or the eror is other thing

My guess is that he's talking about his "King's Landing" (or something, not aquainted with aSoIaF) throne room scene. Perhaps shredding it to different objects and testing how many you can place without the game crashing?

I once made a sphere with like 250 000 polies and placed several of them into a scene without any other affects than the fps dropping. Im not sure how it is with collision though, I know when I've had a very high poly object with the collision mesh exactly like the the model it has caused problems. So you could try adding the prop as an item without collision mesh and see if it's the mesh or the collision that is causing it.

Oh, yes! The collision object could be the problem. I had problems with a few objects with several tens of thousands of polies on the bo_ mesh, the scene crashed upon entry. Using OpenBRF's option (can't remember what it was... Optimize Collision Object or something?) fixed the problem.

If your object has so many polygons, you should try to remake a much simpler model for the collision mesh. Collision meshes don't have to be detailed at all.

ThaneWulfgharn said:
Yes,I tried to remove the collision body and it works,but I can't seem to find that Optimize Collision Object command.
It's "make quad-dominant". I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote my previous post. This will merge your triangles into quads, and since no one will see, who cares about that? You can also edit the mesh yourself - if it's the Throne Room scene we're talking about, you could replace the top of the pillars with primitives, no one will reach them anyways. Hope it helps!

Back
Top Bottom