Throwing Axe effect on shields

Users who are viewing this thread

Oneah

Recruit
So I've been testing out throwable axes on targets and i'm having a hard time finding them more useful then a javelin or spear.
From my research on the internet when you throw a francisca, even if it doesn't hit the target the axe would bounce around creating chaos among formations. I know this is impossible to code, but there's another thing that could make axes more useful.
If you throw a axe and a shield blocks, it should basically destroy that shield because there was two things that happened when a axe hit a shield: 1. It either broke the shield on impact, or 2. The axe would stay carved on the shield and because of the height added to the shield it would make it impossible to block efficiently. This would balance the use of the axes compared to javelins and spears.

Well as I understand it javelins/throwing spears were actually more effective at reducing the usefullness of shields. So.. if it were up to me I'd give throwing spears and javelins bonus to shields and not axes. Best thing is to throw at people, not shields :wink:

Azrooh said:
Throwing spears and axes already have the bonus against shields flag, only javelins don't.

Oooh you are right, my bad! Now I will buy throwing spears even more often =D

Back
Top Bottom