Thorgrim's Map Editor v0.9.0 (Updated 20/06/2008)

Users who are viewing this thread

I've now got another problem. It automatically loads the .808 directory although I have installed both (.808 and .892). I also have the old version of the Map Editor (.77) for editing possibly .808.

However, how could I make this version consider the .892 base folder as a target and have the other one remain at that?

rider said:
I've now got another problem. It automatically loads the .808 directory although I have installed both (.808 and .892). I also have the old version of the Map Editor (.77) for editing possibly .808.

However, how could I make this version consider the .892 base folder as a target and have the other one remain at that?
Search. It has ben asked many times before (and I asked too :razz:).

rider said:

It uses the last version you installed as the default.  To change that, you can either modify the mbPath variable in editorData/settings.cfg,  modify the registry key for M&B, or re install M&B.  Option 1 is probably easiest.

Attempted to keep a map I was working on from .808 so I copied the map.txt to a new .89x module, but when I attempted to start the thing up to see if it worked I keep getting the following error: "map_scene->manifold->faces.size() <= max_map_vertices". Searched but couldn't find anything. Any ideas?

Also, the new map editor has been troublesome when trying to move around parties/spawn points and nearly always selects the training ground irrespective of where I click.

Hmm, seems to be indicating the map is too large... but I wouldn't have thought the maximum size had changed... Feel free to send the map my way and I'll take more of a look.  Re. the selection - might the training ground be on impassible terrain or something?  Parties on impassible terrain get highlighted when you save.  Also, what map icon does it have?  the map editor constructs a bounding box for the icon, so if for some reason its icon is huge, it may just always select it, no matter where you click.

Well, I checked and the selection seems to have inverted now, meaning that I can select everything but the training ground (though preferable to before since I won't be needing it). It isn't on impassable terrain either.

If you PM me your email I'll send you the map that way if that's easiest.

As with previous versions, do you need to have the BRFs containing the mods icons to be in the CommonRes folder for the icons to show up in the editor?

Has the maximum size for a map changed with the new version? I thought the limit was 100,000 but now I can't generate maps with 80,000 as they come up with the standard 'Map is too big' error: map_scene->manifold->faces.size() <= max_map_vertices

Iberon said:
Has the maximum size for a map changed with the new version? I thought the limit was 100,000 but now I can't generate maps with 80,000 as they come up with the standard 'Map is too big' error: map_scene->manifold->faces.size() <= max_map_vertices

Ah hah...I'm not the only one. I also get that same assertion with Onin no Ran.

Looks like it has, I've generated a map that was large (76176) and it would not work. Directly copied the map into v0.808 and it worked (With the usual movement troubles, although I've been able to stop them in large maps.). I do some more testing to see what this new map size limit is.

EDIT: From what I've seen the new map limit is about 50,000. Thats quite a long way down from what could be done before. Using the standard density and border width, 446*446 (In the map editor settings) is the maximum map size.

I guess you could make the map smaller, but also reduce the size of the party/town icons and increase the time_multiplier setting in module.ini, to give the impression of travelling longer distances even though the map is smaller.

Thor, does the Export to OBJ file work with this version? I can open the Export dialog, but clicking on any of the three choices does nothing.

It should work...

It exports the obj file to the editorData dir.  It doesn't come up with a dialog or anything... mainly just because I couldn't be bothered creating a proper GUI system for the map editor :wink:

If it definitely isn't working let me know... I haven't tested it since 0.808.

Thor: I figured it out. For whatever reason, the ..\editorData\mapData folder didn't get created during the installation. After creating the folder, all three functions work perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom