This mesh does not have valid texture coordinates do you wish to load it anyway?

Users who are viewing this thread

blixa

Sergeant
"This mesh does not have valid texture co-ordinates, do you wish to load it anyway?" is the error I get when trying to import my new sword (made with wings3d) to a mesh with BRF edit. I used the search and tried everything described about it in the other threads, but nothing helped :sad:
Can anyone help me with this problem and tell me what I have to do to fix the error?

Right, but what (and how) do I have to do? I made a simple sword and now? Anyone got an idea?

Alright, I'll try and explain further:

Visualize your model textured - the sword's blade would obviously have a different texture than the handle.

Select some faces in Wings, then right click and go down to "UV mapping and Unfolding" and go to Force Segment.

Then, you will come to a little mini-window where you can see the faces you selected. Then, right click again - there's options for different projections. Projection normal, and projection camera.

How the selected faces will appear on the texture sheet is dependent on what projection you use. Projection camera is based on the current camera view of the selected faces.

It's really hard to explain - try watching Highelf's video tutorial on texturing and UV-Mapping.

UV-mapped and textured everything - still doesn't work :sad:

http://img362.imageshack.us/my.php?image=unbenanntrp9.jpg

btw: I know it looks crappy, I'm going to modify the texture alot more, but I'd like to get it working first

The problem is the texture is streched and when you created the texture it bent oddly. What you have to do is use an image size converted to get it to the same res as the texture (the base image.) That should work.

I've got it working now with the Textures, but now a new problem. I think these both are related since my first problem was that I didn't have the "other model" UV-moddelt.

Back
Top Bottom