The_Beehive - Competitive European Battle Server | Happy Hour: 20:00 BST

Users who are viewing this thread

Well anyone's welcome to come play with us specifically in the ae channel but maybe a beehive / team 1, team 2 setup would be cool, cheers Arch3r

Arch3r said:
Nais, new serverz

Map Name:
Snowy Village 2.0
Aerial Shot:
75Ohq.jpg

Flythrough:
Airplane and helicopters and bees all flythrough and then it's a very lively map.
Description:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,235152.0.html

Could be cool to test it on this server, with public people and such and then maybe we can find more issues. Already had a match on this CoR v Wolfpack and it seemed very enjoyable and a straight-forward map. It's still heavily focused on ranged combat like Snowy Village and the lay-out is more or less the same.
Tactical:
Yes, very.
Potential Issues:
There's one graphical bug I know of (nothing serious) and one of the CTF flags might be a bit ill-placed. For battle it works fine.
Download:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12128647/Snowy_Village_remake.rar
Terrain Code:
Snowy village terrain code, originally meant as replacement, but it's understandable if you prefer to just copy the original Snowy Village terrain code and add it as custom map.
Outer Terrain:
something snowy and awesome.

Map Added, as was mentioned in the original post we're currently going with a months trial period so the authors can get feedback and make modifications based on the way its playing.

I love the password idea, having in mind the amount of trolls we have to face know days.

Map Name: Shariz Village
Aerial Shot:

details.jpg

Other Screenshots:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Flythrough: Everyone loves Village and its seems to have a formula that works, so I tough it would be a good idea to reproduce that formula into a new scenario, it is a mix between the SP town Shariz and the MP map Village.

Description:Village contains 3 towers, this map contains only 2.
Village contains 5 entrances (3 ladders and 2 normal entrances), this map contains 3 (2 ladders and 1 normal).I made it having in mind a possible new map set for ENL, so it contains the proper balance for competitive match's, of course it need some tweaks and for that I need it tested on a large scale.

Tactical:Many ways to attack, few to defend, the map provides a wide range of movements and strats.

Potential Issues:Wolfpack and CoR played a clan match on this map, and I must say that is to hard to defend, both Wolfpack and CoR trashed when attacking and struggled when defending, the defenders didn't managed to score one round.

Download:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14855035/Newvillage/scn_multi_scene_4.sco

Terrain Code:scn_multi_scene_4 multi_scene_4 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0x000000003165588c0004c92d0000538c000052de000043b4
outer_terrain_steppe

Outer Terrain:outer_terrain_steppe

Shemaforash said:
I like the map Maynd, but it looks like a pain for cav to play on  :?:

When I made the map I had that in mind, since I normally play Cav I understand whats good or bad for that class.
There's not many obstacles in our outside the village, there's only one street that you may get stuck, but that is due to the fact that the street is narrow, otherwise cavalry have a lot of space to run around and maneuver.
With the intel I gathered from Azan and the match vs CoR, there's to many streets making the map hard to understand, to many hiding spots, making it xbow heaven, and its to hard to defend because you have 5 ways to enter and only 2 ways to leave.
When defending, cavalry has a major role on scouting, its a round decider.

It's not exactly unprecedented for a map not to be great for cav, plenty of the other closed maps are the same way but I have to say Maynd's isn't any worse for it than village or sandi in my opinion.

Frosty said:
Golradir said:
Yea, like dis guy named AE_Baerdface or something. He kicked me for nothing :sad:

No one even likes Beardface :eek:

You were taunting the admins and you had been warned previously. I do not tolerate such behaviour in my garden party, honey. I hope you've learned your lesson or i will have to discuss this internally in the near future.  :lol:

Motus said:
Frosty said:
Golradir said:
Yea, like dis guy named AE_Baerdface or something. He kicked me for nothing :sad:

No one even likes Beardface :eek:

You were taunting the admins and you had been warned previously. I do not tolerate such behaviour in my garden party, honey. I hope you've learned your lesson or i will have to discuss this internally in the near future.  :lol:
You seriously kicked him?  :lol:

@Maynd, the map in general is fine for putting on right now however there are some nasty bits of terrain on one side of the map that are also accessible. Could you quickly add a barrier to lock this area of the map off or smooth the terrain down, alternatively I can do it if you want.

Terrain of horribleness
4A497E22E84BC8D56A6F706B59D128325881DA7C

Nasty terrain visible from the village
B81103DEDB518D29DEB05CD0E052476553B00820

Really enjoyed your new map Arch3r, think it's looking in good shape. Only gripe is the steepness of the hill right behind the house, looks a little peculiar.

Lord Rich said:
@Maynd, the map in general is fine for putting on right now however there are some nasty bits of terrain on one side of the map that are also accessible. Could you quickly add a barrier to lock this area of the map off or smooth the terrain down, alternatively I can do it if you want.

Terrain of horribleness
4A497E22E84BC8D56A6F706B59D128325881DA7C

Nasty terrain visible from the village
B81103DEDB518D29DEB05CD0E052476553B00820

I dunno, looks perfect for a skatepark? Mount&Skate anyone?

Back
Top Bottom