The Wedding Dance (Beta Download v.92)

Would you like an option to 'lock' yourself to the chariot?

• Yes...I fall off too often

Votes: 233 22.5%
  • Yes, but include option to turn it off.

Votes: 647 62.5%
  • No.....I like the freedom of movement

Votes: 155 15.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I get a CTD any time I try to talk to anyone in my party or view my character, and its not the 377 instead of 381 problem, all my other mods work fine, just not wedding dance.

Any ideas? I tried using a fresh install of both already...

:grin: I'd Love for this mod to be released/compatible with warband. I played on origional and i loved it. You think it could be done?

There is a link to an Exilian download of Wedding Dance on the first page of this Wedding Dance thread.  Try that.
http://s9.zetaboards.com/exilian/forum/3004629/

Also, if you post what OS you have, that might help - your post is very vague.  Proper grammar never hurts! :grin:

I really love the music in this mod, it's really suiting.
"Echoes of Calradia" is as well one of my favorites though listening to "Bards Tale" made me remember how awesome "Knight of Honor" game is. Well I'm off to make Europe beg for it's mercy.  :lol:
Great mod, again, if I forgot to say it in this read earlier which I really doubt.

Griskard said:
I get a CTD any time I try to talk to anyone in my party or view my character, and its not the 377 instead of 381 problem, all my other mods work fine, just not wedding dance.

Any ideas? I tried using a fresh install of both already...
I got the same problem.  Using Vista, graphics maxed, no other mods (graphical, item, or otherwise) used allong with The Wedding Dance.  I play everything from Sword of Damocles (basically Warband withought marrying) down to Custom Settlemets, 1866, AoB, Talera, PoP, and many others, they all work fine (except PoP untill I learned of the fix for the 64-bit opperating system, which helped).

Bug asside, I got a suggestion - if any of the remaining Wedding Dance team members are still working, they should team up with SoD - if they could mix the wedding capabilities with the SoD kingdom management and battles, it'd be basically Warband with not-so-good graphics.  (I don't know how good Wedding Dance is seing as how I can't progress very far withought one of my companions trying to talk to me, and the entire game crashing...)

EDIT:  By the way, it works fine on mid-graphics on my XP and low graphics on 2000.  Vista is the only one with a problem...  is this at all fixeable, as my Vista has the best graphics card by far?

Rosha is the sole creator of this mod, and I helped him a bit.

We had the very same trouble with Prophesy of Pendor 3 with systems using Vista or Windows 7.  It worked great with XP.
The coders on our team had to create a Stability Patch for PoP 3 so people with Vista or Windows 7 could play it without crashing. 

Having the same crash problems, I've played Wedding Dance on this setup before with few issues, however now I get frequent crashes:

in taverns

when attempting to talk to party members

in the middle of tournaments

randomly on the campaign map while moving

when initiating a battle with bandits, though the type doesn't seem to matter: sea raiders sometimes, forest and mountain bandits always, deserters sometimes, inquisitions sometimes

I've tried almost all the combinations of low to high graphics settings, DX7 and 9, still the same seemingly random (and EXTREMELY infuriating) crashes.
Perhaps something to do with certain rag dolls or character models?

System is:
Vista 32 bit
Athlon 7550 dual core 2.5 ghz
4 gb RAM
Radeon HD 5670 grapics
using Steam

I never had these problems until the most recent update (different load screen graphics, drunks in taverns, etc.).
I have run this game and this mod on Vista before with no crashes.

Here is my crash message, it's the same every time:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: mount&blade.exe
  Application Version: 0.7.3.0
  Application Timestamp: 49102756
  Fault Module Name: mount&blade.exe
  Fault Module Version: 0.7.3.0
  Fault Module Timestamp: 49102756
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 0006b1fe
  OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID: 4105
  Additional Information 1: 43ac
  Additional Information 2: a07f731e5e2d75b4b29f7fa2a675d01c
  Additional Information 3: c1c5
  Additional Information 4: 13175a4e0fd3c80ae519605f7333b930

After a little reading on the Exilian forum, I disabled music altogether in the game options menu, and so far no crashes from talking to party members.

I hope there is a fix under way, I do like the music in this mod, and I like the mod too much to give up on it. It's my favorite of all those I've tried.

Edit: well, that was premature. Now I still get the party crashes whenever I try to talk to anyone.
BAH!

everyone who's having problems at the moment, try these, especially the bit in red. It might not seem like the problem, but it probably is.

The random crashes are due to system differences. You can find some of the most common problems/fixes below.
I'm pretty sure that most of the random crashes can be attributed to sound conflicts...there are a couple of fixes:

From Gerhart:
Ok it took me awhile to remember how to do this but it's really easy.
I'm using XP Pro so I don't know if it's any different for Vista/window 7.
Go to Control Panel and click on Sounds and Audio Devices. Choose the last tab, it should read "Hardware". Now double click on "Audio Codecs". In the new window click on the "Properties" tab, choose one of the codecs and click on the "Properties" button on the lower right bottom. Now pick the option "do not use this audio codec" and press apply.
Fire up the game and try to replicate the same situation when the crash occured. I know this seems rather bothersome but it may help eliminate the possibility of it being a codec problem instead of a mod issue.
Depending on how many audio codecs you have installed, this could take a really long time. Actually if you do have a lot on your system, this could eventually cause conflicts for your system.
Here is also another idea. Write down the codecs you have installed and do a comparison with others that have the same issue. Those that don't have the problem can also compare their codecs so that we know which ones are good. Right now I only have 11 codecs installed, since I recently formatted and reinstalled my OS.
EDIT here's a link to exactly the same thing I posted but with pictures http://www.updatexp.com/windows-xp-codecs.html

or try this from Dzzoro:
To those that has this weird bug of crash to desktop. this is just temporary till we find a fix. go to module.ini
And set these values to 0
scan_module_sounds = 1
scan_module_music = 1
And it will look like this.
scan_module_sounds = 0
scan_module_music = 0
see if this temporary stops the crashes.
Edit: more info from Dzzoro below

After reformating the sounds, we managed to produce the same bug on my computer. Please check the following:
make sure you don't have wmplayer.exe running in the background. Hit ctrl+alt+delete and start task manager and check processess. If this is running, hit end task. Also check for WMPsideShowGadget.exe. This will keep restarting wmplayer.exe, so disable it as well.

check again for:
WMPsideShowGadget.exe
wmplayer.exe
make sure they are not running in the background, if they are, disable them.

Some uses have had success changing to dx7.
Fawzia and I have tried everything to get these sounds compatible with the rest of M&B, but some players are still reporting crashes, so try one of the above fixes.
[/quote]

Hi Comrades,
my Quest with Sir John asking me to marry Steise is propably buggy. I´ve talked to her after, but there was no opinion for that Quest.
I´ve waited ten M&B-days in Camp everyday talking to Steise, but nothing happened.

Progress: I am married, Steise is declared as the Queen, Sir John and Sir Vincent are in Party, The black Cathedral has "arrived"

Hope for some help with this superb mod =)

PS: I´ve read the FAQ from Chiksika and made all decisions after it.
Current day is 93

Back
Top Bottom