The Wedding Dance (Beta Download v.92)

Would you like an option to 'lock' yourself to the chariot?

• Yes...I fall off too often

Votes: 233 22.5%
  • Yes, but include option to turn it off.

Votes: 647 62.5%
  • No.....I like the freedom of movement

Votes: 155 15.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Dark Death said:
Since you were not trying to be sarcastic (as it came trought), it was all my fault. As you know, English are transletted different in each language, so when I transletted your message in Greek, it was quite sarcastic. In the part you said "when he was curing and healing himself and his troops in his most likely only city beeing swarmed by a hostile war party", the greek translation comes out with a sarcastic tone... It was a misunderstanding from my place (and a little bit my "ego") which worked out that hostile message of mine. (Oh well, guess I am not very good in diplomacy...[Although all my friends say the opposite  :???:]).

That's understandable. English is something of an incomplete language sometimes. Or at least it seems like that. I could understand where you would have trouble figuring out how things are meant. It's difficult over the internet to determine how things are meant to be spoken in English.

Well, to sooth your ego a bit more, camping a bit in the castle/town after you fended off siege is a smart move. Healing rate is increased if you´re in a town, means your men and you´ll heal up even faster.

Point is, it wasn´t even targetted at you, DD, but at Palestine. That was the only thing you didn´t get.

Just a thought.  I find it irritating how when sneaking in to Valkyrie and Amazon towns and failing, that there is a male voice saying "yo, you there, Stop!" i guess these gals have deep voices! :grin:

Do any new story events happen post Vincent or is it just utterly up to me to tell Stessie when I'm ready to start the war- no story prompts for this?

Also...I've heard a brothel quest is hard to trigger? What do you have to do to get it?

I'm really disliking chariots and seeing as they don't seem integral to the game a option to turn them off would be nice.
Yeah yeah, I don't like them I don't have to use them- but that doesn't stop some NPCs such as the Valkrye queen using them. It really slows down the game a lot.
Otherwise pretty impressive mod.

Either sell the chariot or give it to one of your companions who has chariot skills, if you don't want to drive it.  There is a lot more to come yet, but you will have to make allies, take some territory, declare Steise queen, go to the Imperial Palace to crown her, get married, all sorts of stuff.

Hey all, long time lurker... well, I'll remain a lurker, who am I kidding?

First, Rosha, awesome mod.  Thank you and everyone else who put work into this mod.

Ok, I thought I would share a possible workaround for those of you with Windows 7 who are still having the sound related crashes. 

Go to the module's Sounds folder and delete the following files (be sure to make a backup in case it doesn't work):

3_O1.ogg
3_O2.ogg
crowd_happy.ogg
crowd_nuts.ogg

I haven't fully tested every event, area, battle, etc in the game, but for me this fixed crashes when:

-  clicking on the character button/accessing the character sheet
-  talking to party members (Rogan especially) and other characters including Lords
-  accessing a merchant

What I did was some trial and error testing of the sound folder, taking half of the files out, seeing if it crashed, then trying the other half, etc.  In the end, I narrowed it down to those four files that were causing my crashing.  I have no idea if it will help anyone else, and remember that I did not test it for everything in the game. 

I hope this helps some people at least play the module with the proper atmosphere, or at least gives them a starting point to fix their unique issues, and maybe Rosha can take a look at the files and spot anything odd.

Oh yeah, and I wanted to say thanks to those of you who narrowed it to the sounds folder.

UnRemFi said:
Ok, I thought I would share a possible workaround for those of you with Windows 7 who are still having the sound related crashes. 
Go to the module's Sounds folder and delete the following files (be sure to make a backup in case it doesn't work):
3_O1.ogg
3_O2.ogg
crowd_happy.ogg
crowd_nuts.ogg

It seems to work for me too - no crashes where they were frequent before.
Great find, UnRemFi!  :grin:

Say.. The hidden village south of Crypo (I think i spell it right..) I'm looking but i can't seem to find it.. Any hint or pic of where it is located? (I got this mission from one of the lady from the Valkyrie nation..)

Landsraad said:
Say.. The hidden village south of Crypo (I think i spell it right..) I'm looking but i can't seem to find it.. Any hint or pic of where it is located? (I got this mission from one of the lady from the Valkyrie nation..)

if you look you have cyme, and to the right of that there is a castle called eion, if you were to imagine a triangle with cyme and eion as the bottom two points, then the top point which is away from the river is roughly where the village is. (its on a hill)

UnRemFi said:
Hey all, long time lurker... well, I'll remain a lurker, who am I kidding?

First, Rosha, awesome mod.  Thank you and everyone else who put work into this mod.

3_O1.ogg
3_O2.ogg
crowd_happy.ogg
crowd_nuts.ogg

I haven't fully tested every event, area, battle, etc in the game, but for me this fixed crashes when:

-  clicking on the character button/accessing the character sheet
-  talking to party members (Rogan especially) and other characters including Lords
-  accessing a merchant

What I did was some trial and error testing of the sound folder, taking half of the files out, seeing if it crashed, then trying the other half, etc.  In the end, I narrowed it down to those four files that were causing my crashing.  I have no idea if it will help anyone else, and remember that I did not test it for everything in the game. 

I hope this helps some people at least play the module with the proper atmosphere, or at least gives them a starting point to fix their unique issues, and maybe Rosha can take a look at the files and spot anything odd.

Oh yeah, and I wanted to say thanks to those of you who narrowed it to the sounds folder.

I wanted to thank you UnRemFi for posting your findings and solutions.  Hopefully this will help those that are running Windows 7.  Thanks again.

Simple question
After i defeated Black Cathedral will it revived again?
Also do i need to free King George,to trigger some quest?Currently in my game King George rot in my prisoner :twisted:

Another question can you free King George? I never receive any ransom to his faction.
Also i already defeated his faction!

893kira said:
Simple question
After i defeated Black Cathedral will it revived again?
Also do i need to free King George,to trigger some quest?Currently in my game King George rot in my prisoner :twisted:

Another question can you free King George? I never receive any ransom to his faction.
Also i already defeated his faction!

take him with you, he may escape, or some lord that you meet will buy him.

noosers said:
Well, to sooth your ego a bit more, camping a bit in the castle/town after you fended off siege is a smart move. Healing rate is increased if you´re in a town, means your men and you´ll heal up even faster.

Point is, it wasn´t even targetted at you, DD, but at Palestine. That was the only thing you didn´t get.

I hardly care about that point. My point was alternative solution to your problem, not how you should play this game.

Hey. I'm fairly new to the game and i have a few things i wanted to ask.

Ok, so i ran into Sir Vin and he told me all about me a royal and my sister is the queen of the old empire. He giving me 2 choice, announce to the world of Queen steise (Sp?) or Stay low, build an army, gain friends. I choice the 2nd one. Now i wonder if this was a good move. Also, where should i really start looking/building friendship's. I made a few friend up in the Valk nation. Should i keep going with that or no? What other faction should i try building friendship's? When will be the best time to announce? Any help, tips, hints would be nice.

Thanks you.

@Landsraad: Unless you want every faction on the map after you, second choice is the best.  Make friends of every lord you can, as you will need their help to conquer in your sister's name.  You do that by doing quests for them.  There are lots of new ones.  Do not pledge loyalty to any faction, but it is all right to hire out as a mercenary - did you talk to your sister after you talked to Sir Vincent?  You should talk to her regularly.  I would not personally declare the kingdom for her until I owned at least a town, had enough higher level troops to garrison it in addition to a decent army, but that's up to you.  Take your time and don't try to move too fast, as many things in the mod are tied to level and events.  Next time, if you use the search function, you will find all these answers, and the answers to pretty much any question you have.  Also, Chiksika is working on a Wiki.

Back
Top Bottom