The Ultimate Modding Question: What era would you like this DLC to be in?

Which era of the Napoleonic Wars would you like to see mod design focus on?

• The 1804 Era (Napoleons rise to power, struggle over the Rhine)

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • The 1809 Era (Start of the Peninsula War height of the Russo-Turkish War)

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • The 18012-1814 Era (Napoleons Invasion of Russia, The Peninsula Wars height and 1812 US campaign and

Votes: 20 27.0%
  • Hundred Days Waterloo Era

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • I don't give a damn about eras, just give me content from 1800 to 1815 please!

Votes: 21 28.4%
  • 1790-1799 (Late Revolution era, Italian campaign, Egypt and Siege of Toulon)

Votes: 13 17.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

SeanBeansShako

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Lets talk the future of Napoleonic Wars mods people.

I've noticed quite a huge amount of confusion and division over the modding future of this DLC. Seeing as this is now an international pay to play product instead of a simple made for free mod it is understandable anyone whos nation was around during the Napoleonic Wars wants to see some action. The developers have predicted such chaos and are kind enough to promise the release of a SDK and access to the base DLCs files for all talented Warband modders to play with out there.

Requests for Ottomans, The Dutch, the US and many factions to be added by modders (FSE are far too busy patching and balancing the game so lets be realistic guys we'll just see new regiments from them) have been wild and when the SDK hits demand for new content will be high to keep the community going. So NW community, what era do you want to see modders focus on?

Also, discussion on if these should be if they should be simple download to use on said server style mods or become mini mods in their own right. I don't want to see anyone trying to use ~HISTORY~ as an excuse to sink any arguments. Just stick to the base DLC already. If you honestly don't care why are you looking at mods anyway? besides the DLC seems to be split between 1812-1815 itself. It'll never narrow itself into a single era.

As soon as the MS is released, me and some guys will start and see what we can do (i'm not that experienced in coding :razz:) to make a kind of SP version, I think mostly re-textures are needed for this,

I', not sure about an exact year or so. Might be just from the start to the end of the Napoleonic wars.

the team is atm.

- Me
- Karantukki
- Greenjacket
- Betaknight

We will do what we can to try to make a playable SP mod for NW. With as factions as possible, (the Netherlands/Sweden/German minor nations/spain/etc) Mainly with re-texturing, so we will see what is possible or not :wink:

Just saw this thread and had to let you guys know about this. :wink:

Goki

gokiller said:
As soon as the MS is released, me and some guys will start and see what we can do (i'm not that experienced in coding :razz:) to make a kind of SP version, I think mostly re-textures are needed for this,

I', not sure about an exact year or so. Might be just from the start to the end of the Napoleonic wars.

the team is atm.

- Me
- Karantukki
- Greenjacket
- Betaknight

We will do what we can to try to make a playable SP mod for NW. With as factions as possible, (the Netherlands/Sweden/German minor nations/spain/etc) Mainly with re-texturing, so we will see what is possible or not :wink:

Just saw this thread and had to let you guys know about this. :wink:

Goki

I'm currently working on research for units to be used for the German States in this mod. I'll post a list below, I want your opinions etc. and I need you to tell me if any of this is wrong. Then I can start making units!

Königreich Baierisches:
Landwehr Battailon - Line Infantry
6. Linieninfanterie-Regiment "Herzog Wilhelm" - Line Infantry
7. Linien-Infanterie-Regiment "Löwenstein-Wertheim" - Line Infantry
2. Oberdonau Kreis Battailon - Guard Infantry
3. Liechtes Infanteriebataillon - Light Infantry
Jäger Bataillon - Skirmishers

4. Chevauleger-Regiment - Dragoon Cavalry
Kürassier-Regiment - Heavy Cavalry
Ulanen-Regiment - Lancer Cavalry

Artillerie Fußbatterie "Danner" - Artillery

Hessen-Baden:
Landwehr Bataillon - Line Infantry
2. Badische Erbgrossherzog Linieninfanterie Regiment - Line Infantry
Hessische Infanterie-Regiment "Erbprinz" - Line Infantry
Hessische Leib-Garde Infanterie Regiment - Line Infantry
Badische Leib-Garde Grenadier Bataillon - Guard Infantry
Badische "Von Lingg" Jäger Bataillon - Skirmishers

Badische Husaren-Regiment - Light Cavalry
Hessische Chevaulegers-Regiment - Dragoon Cavalry
Garde du Corps - Heavy Cavalry

Badische Artillerie-Batterie zu Fuß - Artillery

Königreich Sachsen:
Infanterie-Regiment "König" - Line Infantry
Infanterie-Regiment "Niesemeuschel" - Line Infantry
Grenadier-Bataillon "Von Winkelman" - Guard Infantry
Schützen-Bataillon "Von Low" - Skirmishers

Husaren-Regiment - Light Cavalry
Chevaulegers- Dragoon Cavalry
Ulanen "Prinz Clemens" - Lancer Cavalry

Sachsen III. Artillerie-Batterie zu Fuß - Artillery

Königreich Westphalen:
Miliz Bataillon - Line Infantry
4. Füsilier-Regiment - Line Infantry
Füsilier-Garde "Königin" - Line Infantry
Grenadier-Garde-Regiment - Guard Infantry
Garde-Jäger-Bataillon - Light Infantry
Jäger-Carabinier-Kompanie - Skirmishers

Garde-Husaren-Regiment - Light Cavalry
Garde-Chevaulegers-Lanciers - Lancer Cavalry

Artillerie-Batterie zu Fuß - Artillery

Königreich Württemberg:
Linieninfanterie-Regiment "Herzog Wilhelm" - Line Infantry
Linien-Grenadier-Bataillon "Prinz Freidrich" - Line Infantry
Grenadier-Garde-Bataillon zu Fuß - Guard Infantry
Von Stockmayer Jäger-Garde-Bataillon - Skirmishers

Dragoner-Regiment "Kronprinz" - Dragoon Cavalry
Jäger-Regiment zu Pferd Nr. 4 "König" - Heavy Cavalry

Artillerie-Batterie zu Fuß - Artillery

Dragonlordc1888 said:
You forgot the German Campaign 1813 with the biggest battle until the WWI: Leipzig! :smile:

EDIT: Nice, Goki! :grin:

Whoops, knew I forgot something. Also added the late Revolution Era.

The differences with each era can be pretty big, as regiments have been disbanded and merged uniform reforms have turned colours, minimised lace and replaced hats and whole nations have been founded or absorbed.

Also, there is a 1812 Mod for the DLC already in the works too and their looking for people to help them out.

Nice Gokiller. Let me know if you need any assistance with Swedish units. :wink:

Maps wise, I really do want to see a day siege Badajoz and a bloody night battle being fought around the breached fort cities ruins later but assets are sadly needed.

SeanBeansShako said:
Dragonlordc1888 said:
You forgot the German Campaign 1813 with the biggest battle until the WWI: Leipzig! :smile:

EDIT: Nice, Goki! :grin:

Whoops, knew I forgot something. Also added the late Revolution Era.

The differences with each era can be pretty big, as regiments have been disbanded and merged uniform reforms have turned colours, minimised lace and replaced hats and whole nations have been founded or absorbed.

Also, there is a 1812 Mod for the DLC already in the works too and their looking for people to help them out.

I think we keep it on making our own version :razz:

I'm thinking if it's possible for special battle maps, (Waterloo etc) to include in the map. Not sure if this all is possible tho

Also, looking at the current Warband mods for this era I think either some single player mods focused on a single campaign like with good ole' NTW would be the best bet or a simple open sandbox Warband-esqe mod starting in 1799 and ending in 1815 with the players chance to become King or Emperor or whatever nation they fight for/their own is the best bet.

You can see in my signature I am making a War of 1812 mod, just waiting for everything to be released so I can begin in earnest

Got a question about that, will you be using the regimental class system of NW or will it be the old 'pick a class, buy what you can and earn gold for better equipment' dealie from Warband?

I for one would really like to see a sea battle mod. It seems like it wouldn't be hard, as they have mechanics for small boats and you could just make multi level versions with cannons on them. Then again I don't know anything about modding so I could be completely wrong...

I wanna see the 1806/1807 war against Prussia and Russia. Jena&Auerstedt, Kolberg, Eylau , Friedland...... would be damn fine.

Back
Top Bottom