OSP Other 3D Art The Steam Punk and Costume OSP (UPDATE: SECOND PACK RELEASED!!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Currently in progress...

queen.png

New version...

queen_two.png

As well as...

fat.png

I admire that stuff!  :grin:
...but isn't the head of the woman in the dress a little big?  :roll:
I know it's still in progress, but even without hands it looks fine  :mrgreen:

Albertus Magnus said:

I assembled the head and body in paintshop to save time so it's likely down to varied zoom settings.

I hate the horrid salmon colour of the top... and she doesnt really look particularly royal at the moment... it's still very much in progress.

I might do some variations when/if I get time.

-IYI-O-R-T- said:
Albertus Magnus said:

I assembled the head and body in paintshop to save time so it's likely down to varied zoom settings.

I hate the horrid salmon colour of the top... and she doesnt really look particularly royal at the moment... it's still very much in progress.

I might do some variations when/if I get time.

If she doesn't look royal it's because her sleeves are poofy enough!!!

Ghoura Agur said:
If she doesn't look royal it's because her sleeves are poofy enough!!!

Yeah, but I want it to be a dress for lower members too so sadly the cushioning will have to stay subtle :smile:

To cheer you up, heres some previews and what's new...

dark_mech_armour_two.png

rodent_outfit.png

Adorno said:
Could we have a look at that ... um, "horse" in the first picture  :shock:

And is that a man-pig-bear in the second?  :eek:

The "horse" is a dino/raptor mount... but I sadly wont be including it as, although heavily adapted, its built on the starwars mod kaadu model, which I'd require permission for (plus the rigging skewed). I will be including some new mounts in the pack though (such as a flying broomstick and jetpropelled clockwork-charger).

The "man-pig-bear" is supposed to be a rodent warrior.

The second pack so far contains over 100 items, but it still doesn't feel like a complete package so i'll hold it back alittle longer.

-IYI-O-R-T- said:
Adorno said:
Could we have a look at that ... um, "horse" in the first picture  :shock:

And is that a man-pig-bear in the second?  :eek:
The "man-pig-bear" is supposed to be a rodent warrior.

For what it's worth, I immediately thought "The Nutcracker" upon seeing your Murine men.  So no "pig-bears" here.

I think though, that the man in the black armor could do with some longer...leggings?  I mean to say, a sort of skirt similar to the Native version's "Robe" has.  Not  that I don't like or appreciate what you've done, but he seems very bulky up top (which is good!) but his legs seem ridiculously thin in comparison.

I wonder if you've considered uniforms, of the military dress variety?  Buttons, epaulettes and the like...

kavien said:
lay off the pot, man.
Black-pot.jpg

It's MINE!!!

Anyhow, as for the original OSPs hats, you know, the military style caps?  Right, well, they kinda, on the right side of the head?  The kinda go into the head, under the skin...

It really makes absolutely no difference whatsoever.  They look stellar from every direction regardless.

Ghoura Agur said:
Not  that I don't like or appreciate what you've done, but he seems very bulky up top (which is good!) but his legs seem ridiculously thin in comparison.

I wonder if you've considered uniforms, of the military dress variety?  Buttons, epaulettes and the like...

There's another armour which is based on the black plate armour which should fit what your after...perhaps...

Werent there enough military dress costumes in the first pack?

kavien said:
lay off the pot, man.

Who me or Ghoura?

Ghoura Agur said:
Anyhow, as for the original OSPs hats, you know, the military style caps?  Right, well, they kinda, on the right side of the head?  The kinda go into the head, under the skin...

It really makes absolutely no difference whatsoever.  They look stellar from every direction regardless.

The hats are quite tight, they're also slightly slanted (so look more casual). I didn't test them much ingame, it was mostly working them over a head model.

-IYI-O-R-T- said:
Ghoura Agur said:
Not  that I don't like or appreciate what you've done, but he seems very bulky up top (which is good!) but his legs seem ridiculously thin in comparison.

There's another armour which is based on the black plate armour which should fit what your after...perhaps...

Werent there enough military dress costumes in the first pack?

Well, I mean, sure, there were plenty, but...I'm not the sort who believes you can have too much of a good thing.  And, it might help you beef up your next wave.

Rodent warrior is wtf.

But it looks good considering you were limited to equipment to make him. If I had money, I'd give it you to make a better Wookie for the Starwars mod, that thing is scary.

I agree about the Black Armor, looks really good but skinny legs.

I like the clothes especially, if I actually felt like going through the effort of implementing this into every mod I play, I'd most certainly use them.

The new pack really is great, though I'm having some trouble loading the "red force hat" texture, and, as ever, the Clockwork charger causing reregistering bugs.

I'm most appreciative of the light armor, y'know, with the fancy detailing.  Heck, all over, I think it's the insanely detailed textures that makes your work stand out.  And thanks for the pistol, models of those are severely lacking.

I love the elephant guard helms, and the black armors. I wonder where you're taking the "red force" "blue force" thing.  One thing I like about youre packs are the heads, not so much the female heads, but from the long-neck to the mole men, and now the fat man, there's lots of room to make for some truly unique characters. (It's really fun when the "Unassuming traveller" is a beady eyed moleman with a bandanna, and the "Nervous man" has a neck two sizes too long!

(And I don't wish to give too much away, but some of the new mounts are simply inspired!)

Ghoura Agur said:
The new pack really is great, though I'm having some trouble loading the "red force hat" texture, and, as ever, the Clockwork charger causing reregistering bugs.

I'm most appreciative of the light armor, y'know, with the fancy detailing.  Heck, all over, I think it's the insanely detailed textures that makes your work stand out.  And thanks for the pistol, models of those are severely lacking.

I love the elephant guard helms, and the black armors. I wonder where you're taking the "red force" "blue force" thing.  One thing I like about youre packs are the heads, not so much the female heads, but from the long-neck to the mole men, and now the fat man, there's lots of room to make for some truly unique characters. (It's really fun when the "Unassuming traveller" is a beady eyed moleman with a bandanna, and the "Nervous man" has a neck two sizes too long!

(And I don't wish to give too much away, but some of the new mounts are simply inspired!)

Red force hat should be a red beret, with hair and female head (that or a another officer hat but in red)... I'll have to check it out.

The Flying Clockwork Charger re-registers because the "clockwork_charger" material and texture are in both pack one and two (so people dont have to download both).
Simply delete the material and texture details in one of the brfs to fix it.

Would be great if you could post some pictures, dont worry about spoiling it, I dont want people dismissing this as simply steampunk or unrelated to their mod. Theres something for everyone.

Alrighty then, here's some pics!
Fire!

A line of Guild soldiers lets loose with a devastating volley!

mb28.jpg
Victory!

Imperial troops cheer over their fallen enemies!

mb32.jpg
Thralls are the mainstay troops of the Maskari Empire.  Cyborgs, they inhumane and formidable foes.
(This is an example of mixing and matching packs!  OSP!  Collect them all!)
mb57.jpg

Mutants!

Though treated as cannon fodder, these freaks are extremely tough, and not to be underestimated.

mb70.jpg

Sheriffs patrol the land in search of Rogues and outlaws (see the third image for an example)

mb49.jpg

Death of a slave. The collar itself had to be moved with the BRF editor, at the start, the slave was wearing his collar like a crown!  :lol:

mb75.jpg

This militiaman shows us that guns are not just for spitting lead...

mb51.jpg

Back
Top Bottom