The Spaniards

Users who are viewing this thread

koke007w2

Sergeant
An Rp based clan on Mount and Blade Warband Persistent World Mod.

Ranks:

Higher Rank- Arn the Spaniard
Second in command- Cid the Spaniard
Soldiers: Takurag the Spaniard, Reaver the Spaniard and last but not least Jean the Spaniard.

If you would like to join add: kokeesp on steam.

Objective: Enhance Rp expirience for all players and for ourselves.

Veni, vidi, vici.

Erk said:
Thou shalt not kill.

Are you sure this is appropriate in the context of PW?

I knew somebody would point that out, yeah well crusaders  killed in the holy wars templars killed also, we only kill when there is a justified kill same as Persisten World rules, so it would apply, yes.

koke007w2 said:
Erk said:
Thou shalt not kill.

I knew somebody would point that out, yeah well crusaders  killed in the holy wars templars killed also, we only kill when there is a justified kill same as Persisten World rules, so it would apply, yes.

Templars were Crusaders......

koke007w2 said:
Thou shalt not kill.
As far as I know the Sixth Commandment actually reads "You shall not murder!" since רצח means to murder which of course does not label killing in general but only a specific form. Nevertheless the exact difference between killing and murdering still is - and will probably always be - debatable.

LionsOfBavaria said:
koke007w2 said:
Erk said:
Thou shalt not kill.

Templars were Crusaders......
Crusaders are different to Templars. Templars were men who lived by the commandments in more depth. Check on Google, Difference between Crusaders and Templars and you will see. Our point is even though these men lived by the 10 commandments and god itself, they still went to war and killed, so why can't we create the same?

Hospes fori said:
koke007w2 said:
Thou shalt not kill.
As far as I know the Sixth Commandment actually reads "You shall not murder!" since רצח means to murder which of course does not label killing in general but only a specific form. Nevertheless the exact difference between killing and murdering still is - and will probably always be - debatable.

True dat.

That's how Chaplains in the military justify killing - It isn't against the 10 commandments, in their view!

Another way of justifying it is the story of Jesus helping out the centurion, a soldier who had probably killed in his career, and thus saying that Jesus did not hate soldiers.

Armie_knock said:
Templars was an order, crusaders were christian soldiers fighting a religious war. Templars were crusaders, crusaders were not Templars.

No-one said that all crusaders were Templars and certainly not all Templars were crusaders!

jherraez said:
Crusaders are different to Templars. Templars were men who lived by the commandments in more depth.
The difference between these two groups is not constituted by their concern with the Ten Commandments. To be honest, the name of your faction is quite redundant actually. The compliance with the Ten Commandments was nothing a knight would have laid emphasise on since it is regarded to be a matter of course for every Christian.

jherraez said:
Our point is even though these men lived by the 10 commandments and god itself, they still went to war and killed, so why can't we create the same?
Allow me to ask a counter question. Do you have adequate knowledge of Catholicism? Moreover I am curious to hear what exactly you mean by "the same".

Hospes fori said:
jherraez said:
Crusaders are different to Templars. Templars were men who lived by the commandments in more depth.
The difference between these two groups is not constituted by their concern with the Ten Commandments. To be honest, the name of your faction is quite redundant actually. The compliance with the Ten Commandments was nothing a knight would have laid emphasise on since it is regarded to be a matter of course for every Christian.

jherraez said:
Our point is even though these men lived by the 10 commandments and god itself, they still went to war and killed, so why can't we create the same?

Allow me to ask a counter question. Do you have adequate knowledge of Catholicism? Moreover I am curious to hear what exactly you mean by "the same".

Very clear to everyone: This is a faction/order/clan which represents a root to the actual templars. Templars lived and died for the cross, we are the same with the commandments in specific. The commandments are a code of conduct in which we knights will play and live for. To the questions of killing and murdering, we only kill if justified. I hope this clears everyones doubts, please do not as questions which are irrelevant such as templars crusaders similarities and differences, you get the point. Me and ARN are catholists so yes we have knowledge, the question to 'the same' is answered above, a root to the general templars, a more specific one. Hope this answers your questions guys and see you in the game :smile:

jherraez said:
Hospes fori said:
jherraez said:

jherraez said:

Very clear to everyone: This is a faction/order/clan which represents a root to the actual templars. Templars lived and died for the cross, we are the same with the commandments in specific. The commandments are a code of conduct in which we knights will play and live for. To the questions of killing and murdering, we only kill if justified. I hope this clears everyones doubts, please do not as questions which are irrelevant such as templars crusaders similarities and differences, you get the point. Me and ARN are catholists so yes we have knowledge, the question to 'the same' is answered above, a root to the general templars, a more specific one. Hope this answers your questions guys and see you in the game :smile:
That^, we want to enhance the RP experience for everyone :smile:

No.

Clans which are v. strongly linked with a religion shouldn't be tolerated, it just leads to religious abuse across the server.
Also, I myself am a catholic, never heard of a catholist?

Is just a base of our faction, in those days, religion was a very strong thing so if you dont like that scenary CS would be great for you. You know exactly what I meant by catholist, it was just a typo due to my nationality and my limitations in English. This is the creation of a faction, not hey i am mr cocky and  i am gonna write a post.

koke007w2 said:
Is just a base of our faction, in those days, religion was a very strong thing so if you dont like that scenary CS What is this ?would be great for you. You know exactly what I meant by catholist, it was just a typo due to my nationality and my limitations in English. This is the creation of a faction, not hey i am mr cocky and  i am gonna write a post.

If I create a muslim character and join Arn's faction will I suffer bullying?  :lol:

In a more serious answer, I am against the use of real religions names and doctrines in this game... This is Calradia, not Europe...

Edit:

Why don't you create something new? Use your creativity...

I remember one day when some *catholic* guards arrested my character, the shoe's messiah. He then was rescued by his discipules to continue his holy mission.

Dark_Hamlet said:
If I create a muslim character and join Arn's faction will I suffer bullying?  :lol:

In a more serious answer, I am against the use of real religions names and doctrines in this game... This is Calradia, not Europe...
No you would not suffer bullying haha.

And we are enhancing rp I see factions named as the templars everyday on pw... would a clan do any harm?

Dark_Hamlet said:

Edit:

Why don't you create something new? Use your creativity...

I remember one day when some *catholic* guards arrested my character, the shoe's messiah. He then was rescued by his discipules to continue his holy mission.
That is why Lazloism and vornnism were created. Unfortunately they seem to be dead...

Back
Top Bottom