SP Modern Oriental The Perennial Nuisance (away for a month - p. 53. New hats p.52)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you see it? I cant. wierd, anyways, bump mapping would make it looks nicer and i forgot how to do it in lightwave but it has to me high poly to do so. so maybe you can ask people who use other modeler, or just simply not use bump map

Chilly, you have done a great ob on the rest of the shako, but if your feeling stuck you might want to ask Dain to sort out the plume, he should be able to just impose his textures onto the plumes which would make your life easier and hopefully wouldn't be too time consuming for Dain.

Oh yeaj, just an update, I have suceeded in retexturing suitable buildings for the new load of buildings that came out with .751 to stucco rather than brick, so thats about a dozen usable buildings we have now.

I can get screenshots for you, and I am using the windmill from building pack, I just changed it's tiled roof to thatch first.

Tell a lie, I wont take screenies as they look crap in brf edit as they have the black transparent bits all over them, i'll get them in game for you soon and then take screenies.

'll get them in game for you
Just for me! How gracious! :shock: :grin:
I am using the windmill from building pack
Just the mill? I mean, with this pack it`ll be easy to create things like, say, real-looking colonial steets,  not just retextured generic medieval housing.

I havent looked fully through it yet so there may be other bits I want, at the moment I have been looking mainly for indian mud huts and the like, however colonial buildings will be needed for the cities.

Update:

1) over the last couple of weeks we have had a set back in that the rigging of the uniforms has been buggered, this turned out to be something wrong with Dain's program, so I have had a crash course in rigging from rr_raptor and all is back on track there. Dain will now get the rest of the uniforms done, and I will rig them.

2) Yoshiboy has been gracious enough to help me out by taking up a bit (or a lot) or scripting, he is currently adding in the extra factions, towns npc's for all of those towns and all funtions within the towns.

3) Scene props has become less of a problem since I had a blitz retexturing some native buildings, and with highelfwarriors building pack, plus a few castle wall sections courtesy of Raz. Tents for the british camps however remain a problem, so if anyone out there is feeling bored have a crack at one or two of them.

4) Henderson has figured out how to texture in milkshape so we should be seeing some nice finished firelocks coming our way very soon, although there may be delays with that as I believe Henderson is currently changing schools to another country. Henderson also seems to have made an indian farm for us which is awesome.

5) Marsec has agreed to once he returns from a trip try and finish off the rest of our sabres in between the times when he is busy loving manmeat.

6) I have done a huge amount of research in the library and on the net and have succeeded in finding true names of leaders of all 4 factions bar the east india company which I have only 4 of the 7 I need.

7) I have been altering fixed props, such as the arena, so fit in with the indian theme better (i.e. replacing grass with dry grass, changing wall textures etc)

So whats left to do you ask...

before release:

1) finish all works in progress above

2) substitute town capture script, fisheye's NPC and siege script

3) add in winter's removable arrows script

4) add aradhrans hacked character creation script (shut up, I like it  :wink:)

5) furnish scenes for all towns

6) rename towns, troops, add in items, all the boring slog.

7) sort out how to get the gatehouse to close when town is being attacked, and how to substitute a breached wall for a section of castle wall.

For release 2:

1) uniform reforms, triggered to change troops uniforms after defeat of city serigapatam

2) moving camps, triggered to move the 4 kings army camps forward to the border of the Maratha states after fall of all three mysore cities.

3) new faction specific and non faction quests, a few new recruitable NPC's to interact with the new quests.

My update:

I regretfully declare that the frigging cavalry sword messed up everything. Everything is ok, model, texture and alpha channels are done but since it must be a multi - mesh object, I tried to get it in BRFEdit as one, and it ****ed up. Weird, it must be something related to the materials, though. Unfortunately I have a plane to catch and there is no time :sad:. I'll handle it when I return, and I have sent you the French one instead to cover this period up :razz:.

As you'll see, most of its texture file is empty because I was planning to use it as a base for every single sabre I (and others) made, but since the heavy cavalry messed things up, I couldn't. I'll model the rest of them (and the frigging one of course) when I return.

Sorry for this bad news, and see you in a month.

There are a lot of mods in development right now, and this is in my top three (with Yoshiboy's RPGmod and Winter's Storymod Ch. 2). Your ideas seem fresh and will surely make a great mod. Keep up the good work.

I am really keen on playing your mod. Love your idea, and I'm sure it will be amazing. Really looking forward to it.

7) sort out how to get the gatehouse to close when town is being attacked, and how to substitute a breached wall for a section of castle wall.

scene_prop_disable operation will do this, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom