MP Musket Era The Peninsular War - Napoleonic Warband mod - scene editors needed

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dain Ironfoot said:
The plan is to have you start as a serjeant and rise through the ranks, I have some ideas for this but I have yet to discuss them with the team.

Yes I will be using the period spelling of serjeant :razz:

YES! I've always wanted to see that.
Brilliant!

Not sure why you're so excited about it :razz: Being promoted was a common part of M&B a few versions ago! Our promotion system will hopefully be a bit more meaningful, with leadership boosts being directly tied to your rank, being able to recruit from different regiments depending on rank, being given an officer under your command as you rise in rank, etc..

Dain Ironfoot said:
Not sure why you're so excited about it :razz: Being promoted was a common part of M&B a few versions ago! Our promotion system will hopefully be a bit more meaningful, with leadership boosts being directly tied to your rank, being able to recruit from different regiments depending on rank, being given an officer under your command as you rise in rank, etc..

0.903 was the first version I played, so there's your explanation.
But anyway, those rank advantages sound great! Will your rank be tied to your uniform (or at least the highest one you can obtain) as well?

Dain Ironfoot said:
The plan is to have you start as a serjeant and rise through the ranks, I have some ideas for this but I have yet to discuss them with the team.

Yes I will be using the period spelling of serjeant :razz:

for an instance I really thought, Dain misspelled a word :smile:

It would be a logical thing, but not historically accurate.  Uniforms after a few months campaigning were rarely an indicator of true authority or rank.  Even some of the most famous generals deliberately did not wear a general's uniform: Napoleon himself favoured the undress blue coatee of an Imperial Guard Colonel.  Wellington, Picton and Beresford are all notorious for wearing civilian dress more often than uniform.  La Romana was described as being 'dressed more like a common barber than the folk-hero of Spain' by a diarist of the Iberian campaigns.

So, like any soldier, you will be issued with the correct uniform to start with, and what you add to it or remove from it is your affair.  Up to a point.

Dain Ironfoot said:
Let me see, progress report..

Loooots of stuff, mainly working on the new alpha, with map etc and hopefully a whole bunch of other stuff.. Amman and Fei are most busy!

Reading a thread is fun!

I am in the middle of exams now, as is Fei, so progress on my side is slow.

that is looking good dude. But if you manage the rising in rank system it would work great with the warband expansion. Allthough, they allready have a sort of ranking system there.

All the Uniforms look very well done, Ill definately have to give this a try when it's done.  :cool:

This mod is looking mighty fine Mr Ironfoot.  :grin:

Good luck with exams, and the mod. Been looking forward to it for a while, as i'm partial to a bit of gun play. Bonus is it appears to have some cool features i'm wanting to see in action.

SovietSoldier said:
So, when you rise through the ranks and get an assistant officer, what will he do?

He'll be an NPC of a particular type (Light, line, grenadier etc) and join that group in battle. Unlike the more standard NPCs you won't be able to customise his equip (This is what I have planned) You can see the names of the AI officers back when I was listing troop names for GKH.

Dain Ironfoot said:
SovietSoldier said:
So, when you rise through the ranks and get an assistant officer, what will he do?

He'll be an NPC of a particular type (Light, line, grenadier etc) and join that group in battle. Unlike the more standard NPCs you won't be able to customise his equip (This is what I have planned) You can see the names of the AI officers back when I was listing troop names for GKH.

What about giving him equipment upgrades? For instance, a French light inf. officer fond of English rifles, or an English cavalryman who collects French sabres, or a Spanish dude who likes to wear bizarre hats. They don't start out with everything they want but as they camapign on they have a chance to find/loot/buy some predetermined new equipment that suits their character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom